Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 04:09:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a service that converts Credit Card payments to bicoins  (Read 1809 times)
venera (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:29:06 PM

I did some research but did not found such service. Why?
I know about a risk of cash back , but there are payment processing companies in other fields that solve it  by charging higher rates to compensate the risk.
There are many that convert bitcoins to funny money, why there is no companies that  do opposite?
I'm not talking about exchanges.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:57:24 PM

I don't think there is any major service like that since credit card fraud is a major problem. This could also lead to lots of business losing money and the price facing a major fall as of the dumping since the coins would be bought at virtually nothing.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:08:46 PM

Yes, you can do that with Payza.com.

Your customers can pay you instantly using their e-wallet, their credit card, or a variety of local payment solutions tailored to their country.

And then you can withdraw your funds in bitcoin:

https://helpdesk.payza.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/974/0/how-do-i-withdraw-funds-by-bitcoin

Istaria

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:09:56 PM

I don't think there is any major service like that since credit card fraud is a major problem. This could also lead to lots of business losing money and the price facing a major fall as of the dumping since the coins would be bought at virtually nothing.

What a load of shit.

Until someone comes up with a practical and safe solution to this problem, Bitcoin will NEVER hit the mainstream. Never.

pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:11:50 PM

And it seems Payza even has a presence in this forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1004599.0

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:14:02 PM

circle maybe?

and credit cards are not like paypal, that you can chargeback at any moment. I don't think they are that insecure to trade BTC
Istaria

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:17:01 PM

Payza seem to require proof of identity, so it's not exactly fast or convenient. Now personally I have no issue proving my identity to anyone. But!!!!

Can I ask the obvious question here...

If I can walk into a shop with my debit card and buy a 52" plasma TV for 1000 euros, and this WORKS FOR BUSINESSES, why can I not just buy Btc the same way???

If I am spending money, I want my purchase NOW, not after they have reviewed my fucking birth cert.

Am I the only person with this issue??? I can't be.
Istaria

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:19:06 PM

circle maybe?

and credit cards are not like paypal, that you can chargeback at any moment. I don't think they are that insecure to trade BTC

1) Circle doesn't work for EU cards. I know I know, there's only a few of us, but we want Bitcoin too please.

2) Have any of you ever TRIED a chargeback on a debit or credit card?? It's FAR from simple. When my card got cloned (and abused) a few years ago, it took me MONTHS to get my money back. You think this shit happens overnight?Huh

Ist.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:24:40 PM

Payza seem to require proof of identity, so it's not exactly fast or convenient. Now personally I have no issue proving my identity to anyone. But!!!!

If I can walk into a shop with my debit card and buy a 52" plasma TV for 1000 euros, and this WORKS FOR BUSINESSES, why can I not just buy Btc the same way???

If I am spending money, I want my purchase NOW, not after they have reviewed my fucking birth cert.

It's quite easy to obtain stolen credit cards, if there was no requirement for identity it was the perfect system for laundering stolen credit cards, buying bitcoin with them, mixing the coins and it's done, the exchange would be bankrupt in a second...

Istaria

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:34:25 PM

It's quite easy to obtain stolen credit cards, if there was no requirement for identity it was the perfect system for laundering stolen credit cards, buying bitcoin with them, mixing the coins and it's done, the exchange would be bankrupt in a second...

Yep it is. And they would STILL work for the scenario above. I'm sorry but what you have just typed is not a justification. The fact remains that Bitcoin is just too difficult to buy. And for that reason, us newbie consumers will never fully embrace it.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

Yep it is. And they would STILL work for the scenario above. I'm sorry but what you have just typed is not a justification. The fact remains that Bitcoin is just too difficult to buy. And for that reason, us newbie consumers will never fully embrace it.

If you shop physical goods with stolen credit cards you are not anonymous, people get caught doing this all the time.

Istaria

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:50:31 PM

If you shop physical goods with stolen credit cards you are not anonymous, people get caught doing this all the time.

Sorry hang on one sec. I've worked in retail for more than 20 years, and this happens every day. Whose details is it you think are recorded?? The person owning the card's details go through the system, yes, and that can be verified, but the person with the stolen card details could be anyone. They only have to have the card number (and PIN with retail purchases). Do you seriously think that thieves are going to let themselves be traced??? Yes, the stupid ones get caught, but I can tell you 50 examples from where I worked alone where they got away with it.
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:02:48 PM

Sorry hang on one sec. I've worked in retail for more than 20 years, and this happens every day. Whose details is it you think are recorded?? The person owning the card's details go through the system, yes, and that can be verified, but the person with the stolen card details could be anyone. They only have to have the card number (and PIN with retail purchases). Do you seriously think that thieves are going to let themselves be traced??? Yes, the stupid ones get caught, but I can tell you 50 examples from where I worked alone where they got away with it.

First, they show their face.

If you plan to make a living out of this you need to shop a lot, eventually you get caught.

Plus you need the real card, if you use cloned ones, the people behind the counter would get suspicious, online there's no such problem.

If you do this once or twice in different locations far from where you live it's fine but you simply cannot scale without getting caught.

Istaria

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 10:10:52 PM

If you plan to make a living out of this you need to shop a lot, eventually you get caught.

Plus you need the real card, if you use cloned ones, the people behind the counter would get suspicious, online there's no such problem.

If you do this once or twice in different locations far from where you live it's fine but you simply cannot scale without getting caught.

Tripe.

A few things you need to know....

1) Retail workers don't even SEE the damn face. It's a blob. They put the card in the machine, they are authorised, they leave. Don't count on a retail worker to describe someone. They see hundreds of people per day, and it kinda blends. Don't count on cameras either, because either (a) the shop hasnt any (more common than you think) or (b) the local cops don't know the person, which means it ends up in "haven't a clue" pergatory.

2) Suspicion from retail workers? LOL, give me a break. Are you aware that retail workers are among the most jaded members of the service industry? Even if they DO somehow spot a clone....what next? They call the cops, AFTER the card has been OKed, and....well, see point 1.

3) For online purchases....do you KNOW how easy it is to set up delivery addresses? Seriously? Any idiot can google in 2 mins flat how to NOT get caught buying items online with a stolen card. Again, I reiterate, the ones who get caught are the morons.

Credit card companies build the chance of fraud into their transaction/exchange cost. And the public accept that. So why not a card->BTC->card company which operates the same way??

Makes no sense this isn't already a thing. And on the other hand, makes alot of sense that Btc isn't a mainstream yet.
gabbello

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:40:19 AM

You can use www.virwox.com/ (affiliate link) to deposit using a CC and buy bitcoins via SLL, but you will have to pay extra for this.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 02:02:51 AM

What a load of shit.

Until someone comes up with a practical and safe solution to this problem, Bitcoin will NEVER hit the mainstream. Never.

Credit card fraud is the problem, bitcoin is the solution.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:49:44 AM

Check out my signature, you can do it there. You can also use cex.io.

MikeCorleone

Activity: 391

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:29:05 PM

Sounds like a carder looking for a way to cash out...
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:35:53 PM

Tripe.

A few things you need to know....

1) Retail workers don't even SEE the damn face. It's a blob. They put the card in the machine, they are authorised, they leave. Don't count on a retail worker to describe someone. They see hundreds of people per day, and it kinda blends. Don't count on cameras either, because either (a) the shop hasnt any (more common than you think) or (b) the local cops don't know the person, which means it ends up in "haven't a clue" pergatory.

2) Suspicion from retail workers? LOL, give me a break. Are you aware that retail workers are among the most jaded members of the service industry? Even if they DO somehow spot a clone....what next? They call the cops, AFTER the card has been OKed, and....well, see point 1.

3) For online purchases....do you KNOW how easy it is to set up delivery addresses? Seriously? Any idiot can google in 2 mins flat how to NOT get caught buying items online with a stolen card. Again, I reiterate, the ones who get caught are the morons.

Credit card companies build the chance of fraud into their transaction/exchange cost. And the public accept that. So why not a card->BTC->card company which operates the same way??

Makes no sense this isn't already a thing. And on the other hand, makes alot of sense that Btc isn't a mainstream yet.

If you tried to scale it like that you will get caught.

if you don't want to get caught and make a lot of money, you withdraw cash at a ATM, just be careful with cameras.

mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:36:10 PM

There is:

https://www.coinmama.com/home

High prices, and you have to verify you ID though.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: