Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:14:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam (Dota2/CS:GO) Marketplace for BTC. Anyone intrested?  (Read 1861 times)
CoinFeeder (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:00:35 PM

Hey, guys.

Developing now clone of https://market.dota2.net/

Marketplace for Dota2/CS:GO, where you can buy items for real money(and with bitcoins, of course), without using Steam Marketplace.
System is a bit complicated, due to bot-trade system, which allow to transfer items from one account to another(Steam does not have API to trade/accept trade offers and etc. stuff).

I want to research interest of community in  that kind of software.

Regards.

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 11:31:01 PM

Yeah, interested Smiley I am heavily involved with the Steam marketplace, most notably CS:GO.

Really depends on the pricing and the features that come with it. Going to watch this thread Smiley

The only thing I'd be worried about as a site operator for something similar to this is the banning of the trade bots. Not because it's illegal in any way, the steam auto trade bots are used everywhere including sites like CSGOLounge, but there have been stories (recently) where these bots, holding fraudulently obtained items would get banned. Other times, the bots may get mass reported by trolls/scammers and then also ends up getting banned.

Most recently, a site called CSGOJackpot had their trade bots trade banned with a total of about $500k worth of skins locked on their bots, untradeable.

Obviously there isn't much the site owner can do when Valve decides to issue bans, even legitimate users have been getting banned recently because valve's anti fraud system is just flawed. But I just thought I'd point that out to anyone who may be interested in starting a site that utilizes steam bots for automation.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
CoinFeeder (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:39:58 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 11:51:17 PM by CoinFeeder

Yeah, interested Smiley I am heavily involved with the Steam marketplace, most notably CS:GO.

Really depends on the pricing and the features that come with it. Going to watch this thread Smiley

The only thing I'd be worried about as a site operator for something similar to this is the banning of the trade bots. Not because it's illegal in any way, the steam auto trade bots are used everywhere including sites like CSGOLounge, but there have been stories (recently) where these bots, holding fraudulently obtained items would get banned. Other times, the bots may get mass reported by trolls/scammers and then also ends up getting banned.

Most recently, a site called CSGOJackpot had their trade bots trade banned with a total of about $500k worth of skins locked on their bots, untradeable.

Obviously there isn't much the site owner can do when Valve decides to issue bans, even legitimate users have been getting banned recently because valve's anti fraud system is just flawed. But I just thought I'd point that out to anyone who may be interested in starting a site that utilizes steam bots for automation.

1. System won't keep items on it's bots. We have 4 hours "guaranteed" storage of item on our trade bot after success deal(mean, after you sended money and trade bot sended you trade offer). If you want to sell something, you need to be online, bot send you trade offer for choosed item and you must give it to bot. In that case, we minimize risks of bot banning with full of items on it)))
2. Bot banning is real headache(yeah, it's just trolling guys, who report trade offer as a scam), but, i'm going to create special system to easy add bot at admin panel and pass first-time-launch steam guard and other shit.

tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:12:46 AM

I'll be a guppie and try out the site Smiley I'm needing some new skins anyways Cheesy
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:30:31 AM

Not sure if you're asking whether people would be interested in using or buying this software. I would be interested in both, although the price would need to be reasonable for the second option.
CoinFeeder (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:08:26 PM

Not sure if you're asking whether people would be interested in using or buying this software. I would be interested in both, although the price would need to be reasonable for the second option.

I'm developer, of course i check interest of selling that product Smiley
I think price will be about 5-6 BTC each copy.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:45:56 PM

I am sure this software will have buyers, but why dont you yourself open up the marketplace, i have been searching a way to sell some of my items,
but there doesnt seam to be a straight forward way to do so, or atleast i cant find it, and i dont want to buy something from steam, just so that i would be able to sell on their marketplace.
You should launch this, and im sure there will be profit for you, you dont need to sell the idea, you can monetize it instead.
cheers
CoinFeeder (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:54:55 AM

I am sure this software will have buyers, but why dont you yourself open up the marketplace, i have been searching a way to sell some of my items,
but there doesnt seam to be a straight forward way to do so, or atleast i cant find it, and i dont want to buy something from steam, just so that i would be able to sell on their marketplace.
You should launch this, and im sure there will be profit for you, you dont need to sell the idea, you can monetize it instead.
cheers

Thanks!

deadlyunknown

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:19:05 AM

Why is the main language Russian? Sad
CoinFeeder (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:26:13 PM

Why is the main language Russian? Sad

market.dota2.net is not my project Wink

anyway, i'll code multi-language project with support of any amount of languages, just by customer requirement.

CoinFeeder (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 10:34:46 AM

Actual

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:05:33 PM

Hey, I was wondering if you've continued working on this or not?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: