Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:03:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Permabull Party Thread  (Read 11345 times)
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 04:46:01 AM

Is it a good time to resurrect this old thread? Finex keeps hitting new highs all day. I haven't seen this much positive movement in a while.
Party time!!!!

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:53:27 AM

last chance to buy under $300. I'm seriously , you guys.

Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:55:17 AM

Yes, the beginning of the middle of the beginning has begun!

Bitcoin is the greatest form of protest there is. Vote in the only way that really counts: with your money.
BlackSpidy

Activity: 513
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:11:56 AM

▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄  ▄███████████████▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄█████████████████████▀█████▄▄
████▀ █████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄ ▄▄▄ ▄████
█████ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄████▄ ▀████ ▐███▌ ████
████████▄▄▄███████████▄ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀ ▀████
████████████▀▀█▀ ▀█▀▀███▄ ▀███▄███████
█████████████ ▄███▄ ██████▄ ▀█████████
████████████ ▐█████▌ ███████▄ ▀███████
▀▀▀▀█████████ ▀███▀ ██████████▄ ▀█████
      ▀█████▄▄█▄ ▄█▄▄███████████
        ▀▀██████████████████▀██▀
           ▀▀██████▀███▌▀██▀
               ▀██▀  ▀▀
...REVOLUTIONIZING...
THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY

█ ██ ███ █████████████████████████████████ ███ ██ █

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀███
███████▀     ███
███████   ██████
█████        ███
███████   ██████
███████   ██████
▀██████   █████▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄
  ▄▄   ██▄▄▄
 ▐██▄▄█████▀▀
█████▀▀ ███
   ███  ▄█████▌
  ▄██████▀██▌
  ▀▀▀██    ██
     ▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
█ ██ ███ ████████████████ ███ ██ █
TOKEN SALE ENDS
...ON MAY 15...
xDan (OP)

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:46:47 AM

meh, I think we need a few weeks of steady rises before we can really get excited... we've been kicked in the face too often.

I also wonder if much can happen until some schedule for solving the blocksize drama is sorted out. Though perhaps most people aren't even aware of it.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:39:26 AM

Really, I just want to create a thread that I can resurrect at a later date when the price is > $1000 again. Or higher... Cheesy

1st bump: $1K
2nd bump: $10K
3rd bump: ??

I'm not going to make any predictions other than one day I will be able to bump this thread and laugh at the permabear trolls and their "bitcon is dead!" nonsense.

See you all in a year or few. If any bears would be so kind as to post here saying Bitcoin will never reach that point again, it would be highly appreciated, and make this even more entertaining. Price currently is around $250.

* not to be confused with the "when bitcoin reaches $1000 party" thread which is also an excellent thread and can perhaps be resurrected one day too

Bitcoin is a groundbreaking invention: a global and borderless money open to any computer programmer / entrepreneur, and this will be enough for it to wildly succeed, despite any problems it may encounter along the way. It also has the network effect and first mover advantages.

how on earth did i miss this thread completely ?

great one, xdan

i might add that this ending down trend has been brutal sometimes. i went all in in the summer of 2013 and by the end of november of that year i thought i was a smart smart fucker. and did not sell any. and laughed at those who did.

being overexposed was sometimes a bit nasty.

now that this downtrend could be over i will try to look at it as mr mujica looked back at his 13 year imprisonment.  he said it was helpful to form his character.

resurrect the btc1k party thread...  hm..      let´s see...  
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 11:53:11 AM

We are going to be soooooooo rich.

We are green 4 weeks in a row. That hasn't happened since the last bubble in 2013, so it's been 1.5 years! First time ever in that period of time we are in green 4 weeks in a row. The winkelsweeds are silent because they have actually completed their ETF and exchange and now they are waiting for the media attention directed towards bitcoin which will soon happen due to the beginning of the next bubble. When that happens, the twins will announce their ETF and amplify the bubble even more. All critical events will happen at the same time when it is the most critical time for the critical events to happen.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:36:48 PM

We are green 4 weeks in a row. That hasn't happened since the last bubble in 2013, so it's been 1.5 years! First time ever in that period of time we are in green 4 weeks in a row. The winkelsweeds are silent because they have actually completed their ETF and exchange and now they are waiting for the media attention directed towards bitcoin which will soon happen due to the beginning of the next bubble. When that happens, the twins will announce their ETF and amplify the bubble even more. All critical events will happen at the same time when it is the most critical time for the critical events to happen.

You are right!
I am a perma bull, but I must say, I am so afraid of being hopeful now... :/

I wish I could have a magic ball and peek into two months from now!
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:41:46 PM

Maybe the meaning of "bubble" has some special connotation in the speculation section of bitcointalk.  But if I understand bubble correctly then I wouldn't be wanting another bubble if I'm a permabull.  The bubble implies that things are overvalued and they'll have to correct again soon.  What I'd like to see is not "another bubble" but a steady and real valuation of bitcoin at a higher price. I definitely don't want another ride to a huge price and then a crash, that causes more harm than good, in my opinion.
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:44:47 PM

Maybe the meaning of "bubble" has some special connotation in the speculation section of bitcointalk.  But if I understand bubble correctly then I wouldn't be wanting another bubble if I'm a permabull.  The bubble implies that things are overvalued and they'll have to correct again soon.  What I'd like to see is not "another bubble" but a steady and real valuation of bitcoin at a higher price. I definitely don't want another ride to a huge price and then a crash, that causes more harm than good, in my opinion.

That is how markets work--huge ride up, then downward correction. Or, huge ride down, upward correction. Bitcoin's growth will be dominated by speculative bubbles just like every other market, ever.
SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:30:09 PM

Bitcoin wins.  Period.

It is the ideal solution to a very complicated n-person game theory problem.  It perfectly balances human greed vs. growth, and as I have said before: is the equivalent of a financial virus that is destined to take over the world.  

Worrying about bitcoin at $220 vs. $280 will seem absurd in the future when the bit reaches US cent parity and bitcoins are worth $21,000 each.  

This topic will be hundreds of pages long, and people will refer back to this comment and laugh and say, "Holy shit, that guy was right!" and it is obvious in retrospect as it should be obvious in reverse-retrospect (FUTURESPECT)  Shocked.  

Bitcoin is about $200.  The day will come with it will be $2000, and $20,000, and yes... $200,000 and $2M.  It's all a matter of time and rate.  I can't predict that....  all I know is that the limit of this function, starting at zero is one.  And one is total global domination.  

I'm not a perma-bull.  

I'm a rational observer of one of the greatest triumphs of mathematics in the history of our civilization.  

And it should be just as obvious to you what will happen.  Let the plebs argue about whether numbers on a computer are worth absurd amounts of value.  We know the truth.  

That's right fuckers.  It's April 14th, 2015!  Bitcoins cost $220 each... that's a million bits in future speak.  That's two-hundredths of a cent per bit... that means that every U.S. cent will buy you about 45 bits, and every dollar buys about 4,545 bits.... that's crazy to think about, huh?  

4,500 bits for a single U.S. dollar.  I'll bet you wish you could come back to now, knowing what you know now, huh?  

But don't be mistaken.  The atmosphere now at the bottom of this latest crash is toxic as hell.  Paid trolls and bears are everywhere.  Anyone who buys bitcoin is shunned and ridiculed... it's not a celebration: far from it.  And yet, some of us know.  

Some of us can see through the FUD to what will happen.  

Look me up.  I'll probably be throwing some pretty kick ass parties by now.

Like I posted on another thread, if this is WAVE II that is ending, then the top of WAVE III will be at around $120k/Bitcoin. If this comes to pass, there will be a transfer of wealth into Bitcoin the likes of which humanity has never experienced. As technological development advances,  and hits the proverbial knee of the curve in the 2030's, the purchasing power of a Bitcoin will rise to heights unimagined - Probably on the order of tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in today's money. Even 1 Billion USD/Bitcoin in purchasing power (and beyond) are possible. The value of Bitcoin will represent the future growth projections of the Human/Machine civilization which will be rapidly expanding into virtual worlds and virtual economies as large as those we see today from G1 nations.  
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 09:26:57 PM

Like I posted on another thread, if this is WAVE II that is ending, then the top of WAVE III will be at around $120k/Bitcoin. If this comes to pass, there will be a transfer of wealth into Bitcoin the likes of which humanity has never experienced. As technological development advances,  and hits the proverbial knee of the curve in the 2030's, the purchasing power of a Bitcoin will rise to heights unimagined - Probably on the order of tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in today's money. Even 1 Billion USD/Bitcoin in purchasing power (and beyond) are possible. The value of Bitcoin will represent the future growth projections of the Human/Machine civilization which will be rapidly expanding into virtual worlds and virtual economies as large as those we see today from G1 nations.  

so.... you guarantee i'm gonna be rich?

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 09:36:32 PM

That is how markets work--huge ride up, then downward correction. Or, huge ride down, upward correction. Bitcoin's growth will be dominated by speculative bubbles just like every other market, ever.

That seems like a huge blanket generalization which obviously can't be true.  Every. Other. Market. Ever???

Surely there are and have been markets with movements other than "huge".  I hope you're not correct that the only think that can happen is large speculative bubbles.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 09:42:58 PM

That seems like a huge blanket generalization which obviously can't be true.  Every. Other. Market. Ever???

Surely there are and have been markets with movements other than "huge".  I hope you're not correct that the only think that can happen is large speculative bubbles.

Well its going to be always true that there's fluctuations.  Some large, some small.  When a fluctuation becomes a "bubble" is subjective.

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 09:45:42 PM

Bitcoin wins.  Period.

It is the ideal solution to a very complicated n-person game theory problem.  It perfectly balances human greed vs. growth, and as I have said before: is the equivalent of a financial virus that is destined to take over the world.  

Worrying about bitcoin at $220 vs. $280 will seem absurd in the future when the bit reaches US cent parity and bitcoins are worth $21,000 each.  

This topic will be hundreds of pages long, and people will refer back to this comment and laugh and say, "Holy shit, that guy was right!" and it is obvious in retrospect as it should be obvious in reverse-retrospect (FUTURESPECT)  Shocked.  

Bitcoin is about $200.  The day will come with it will be $2000, and $20,000, and yes... $200,000 and $2M.  It's all a matter of time and rate.  I can't predict that....  all I know is that the limit of this function, starting at zero is one.  And one is total global domination.  

I'm not a perma-bull.  

I'm a rational observer of one of the greatest triumphs of mathematics in the history of our civilization.  

And it should be just as obvious to you what will happen.  Let the plebs argue about whether numbers on a computer are worth absurd amounts of value.  We know the truth.  

That's right fuckers.  It's April 14th, 2015!  Bitcoins cost $220 each... that's a million bits in future speak.  That's two-hundredths of a cent per bit... that means that every U.S. cent will buy you about 45 bits, and every dollar buys about 4,545 bits.... that's crazy to think about, huh?  

4,500 bits for a single U.S. dollar.  I'll bet you wish you could come back to now, knowing what you know now, huh?  

But don't be mistaken.  The atmosphere now at the bottom of this latest crash is toxic as hell.  Paid trolls and bears are everywhere.  Anyone who buys bitcoin is shunned and ridiculed... it's not a celebration: far from it.  And yet, some of us know.  

Some of us can see through the FUD to what will happen.  

Look me up.  I'll probably be throwing some pretty kick ass parties by now.

Godamit, now I'm hard.
coinableS
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 12:26:42 AM

Anything near that dollar amount would unsustainable for a long period. At least anytime in the next 10 years when block rewards will still be at least 3 BTC per block. Could you imagine in 2025 when rewards are 3 BTC if it were $120K per BTC or $360,000 every ten minutes, that's $51 million dollars a day that would have to absorbed. I just don't see that type of value happening, at least not until 20+ years from now.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3994

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:35:27 AM

Did GLD help gold? I am afraid of a fake paper pyramid being built on a top of a real asset like bitcoin.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3994

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:40:16 AM

Anything near that dollar amount would unsustainable for a long period. At least anytime in the next 10 years when block rewards will still be at least 3 BTC per block. Could you imagine in 2025 when rewards are 3 BTC if it were $120K per BTC or $360,000 every ten minutes, that's $51 million dollars a day that would have to absorbed. I just don't see that type of value happening, at least not until 20+ years from now.

$51 mil a day is NOTHING, less than half a million of AAPL shares while there are more than 5 bil of those (so, 1/10000 of AAPL shares-a single stock).
Incidentally, 44 mil shares of AAPL traded today-$5.5 bil (100 times more $$ than you describe).

$51 mil has as much volume for market as an ants fart in the forest (well, maybe rabbits).
coinableS
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 12:58:40 AM

$51 mil a day is NOTHING, less than half a million of AAPL shares while there are more than 5 bil of those (so, 1/10000 of AAPL shares-a single stock).
Incidentally, 44 mil shares of AAPL traded today-$5.5 bil (100 times more $$ than you describe).

$51 mil has as much volume for market as an ants fart in the forest (well, maybe rabbits).

Very interesting, I did not know that.
Well that's good some people think it's possible. I'm not opposed to the idea but it just seems like such a large amount compared to the current daily inflation rate.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 07:16:58 PM

we went over $300 today. since the worldwide amount of fiat is ever increasing and since the amount of whole bitcoin is fixed, it is not entirely impossible that a mechanism will start to take place that sucks in all fiat and sends it through the bitcoin economy. if bitcoin rises and rises, ( & rises and rises) everyone will convert their fiat.

shares of companies have limits. a new monetary paradigma has no such limits.

at that point bitcoiners would literally own an impressive chunk of... the world... Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: