Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything sustainable worth of investing?  (Read 38048 times)
Branny

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:36:42 AM

Hey guys,

I post these questions a lot recently on different forums but I ve not been able to receive a satisfactory answer. Has BTC economy really turned into a sea of ponzies and scam?
Is there ANYTHING worth of investing these days? Anything which might provide sustainable dividend, regardless of how low it might be?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Definitely not.
lmao.  too true too true!

The few and far between legitimate stocks that I've come across (cryptsy, rentalstarter) haven't even really ROI'd at this point nor are they likely too anytime soon.  If your fortunate enough to know a big enough fish that has the wherewithall to pull off the next coinbase and manage to invest in him/her early then you might get lucky, but no, for the most part majority of bitcoin related securities in my experience have been mostly booty.

The big problem with the big ventures (Specifically something like coinbase) is they USUALLY have access to quality VC, which means there's no reason to deal with crowd investors.

With RS, we have had little options up until recently with alternative investments, so bitcoin was a very viable way of attracting reasonable investment in a short time frame. Additionally with being a real estate startup, and one that isn't simply property management or a simple leveraged property, ROIs are much longer term, but still there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:39:55 AM

Hey guys,

I post these questions a lot recently on different forums but I ve not been able to receive a satisfactory answer. Has BTC economy really turned into a sea of ponzies and scam?
Is there ANYTHING worth of investing these days? Anything which might provide sustainable dividend, regardless of how low it might be?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Definitely not.
lmao.  too true too true!

The few and far between legitimate stocks that I've come across (cryptsy, rentalstarter) haven't even really ROI'd at this point nor are they likely too anytime soon.  If your fortunate enough to know a big enough fish that has the wherewithall to pull off the next coinbase and manage to invest in him/her early then you might get lucky, but no, for the most part majority of bitcoin related securities in my experience have been mostly booty.

The big problem with the big ventures (Specifically something like coinbase) is they USUALLY have access to quality VC, which means there's no reason to deal with crowd investors.

With RS, we have had little options up until recently with alternative investments, so bitcoin was a very viable way of attracting reasonable investment in a short time frame. Additionally with being a real estate startup, and one that isn't simply property management or a simple leveraged property, ROIs are much longer term, but still there.

Rentalstarter? How does that work?

Branny

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:32:14 PM

We used bitcoin investment to buy cheap houses to renovate and then rent out to people in the midwest US.

We're on Havelock, have been in operation since July 2013.
cryptojumper

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:49:32 PM

if you are talking about big amounts like thousands of dollars then i don't think its worth to invest anywhere in crypto securities or mining, because profit is small these days and risk is huge. but its ok to play with small amounts, i will invest as soon as i have 1 btc

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:03:34 PM

I wish there was. The only decent investment that I have found is Bitfinex (lending BTC/USD there), and I'm not even sure about that one.

Bitfinex is probably the safest currently. 
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:52:03 PM

I wish there was. The only decent investment that I have found is Bitfinex (lending BTC/USD there), and I'm not even sure about that one.

What exactly? Lending?

Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:53:21 PM

We used bitcoin investment to buy cheap houses to renovate and then rent out to people in the midwest US.

ROI data s not so encouraging, if I m not mistaking. Also, after current Amhash disaster, I m reluctant to deal with Havelock ever again.

Branny

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:56:48 PM

ROI data s not so encouraging, if I m not mistaking. Also, after current Amhash disaster, I m reluctant to deal with Havelock ever again.

Are you confusing company ROI and ROE with dividends?
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:38:46 PM

Are you confusing company ROI and ROE with dividends?

No, I would like to know what is my expected monthly return on 10 BTC investment? I know this depends on several elements but I m searching for your best guess based on previous performance. Also, is there a website or a thread with more info I can take a look at?

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 06:52:09 PM

How can we expect BTC ecosystem to develop then. If there s nothing we can actually invest in??

Buy bitcoin and hold them?

Well, just trolling, honestly:
I think that some of those dice sites are a good choice, just-dice has this investment option.
Just-dice has been in the game for long enough time to be called "trusted".
But there is always a chance that the site is hacked or the owners (or some of the programmers) take all the coins and run.
In real life there are also risk, there are many who was scammed on stocks, buying a promissing stock that was just a pump'n'dump with no real potential,
that happen all the time. Saw a documentary about it.
I think the key is to invest in many different things so you can take a hit or two and still be ahead.
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 08:48:36 PM

What exactly? Lending?

Lending in BTC and/or USD.  I don't have a lot in there at all but have been doing it for over 2 years, never had a problem.

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 09:03:52 PM

What exactly? Lending?

Lending in BTC and/or USD.  I don't have a lot in there at all but have been doing it for over 2 years, never had a problem.

Lending seems as an interesting option. Have also checked BTClend and other similar sites. The main problem is collateral. None of lending sites has managed to solve this issue.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 10:30:28 PM

the problem is, even if you run an honest business
disaster can happen
and there is no guarantee that the investor will be protected.

what if a tornado wiped out RS's properties?

sorry to paint a gloomy picture
but everything in this sub has disappointed so far
and i'm nothing but cynical now

if you invest here
in any offering
no matter what
expect to lose
Branny

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 11:54:47 PM

the problem is, even if you run an honest business
disaster can happen
and there is no guarantee that the investor will be protected.

what if a tornado wiped out RS's properties?

sorry to paint a gloomy picture
but everything in this sub has disappointed so far
and i'm nothing but cynical now

if you invest here
in any offering
no matter what
expect to lose

Insurance
nickallot

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:10:14 AM

ok the only trustable guys I have found are www.bizingit.com they offer a messily 6.5% Per annum account, but interest is calculated daily so its really 6.95% per annum

but here's the kick in the guts the account minimum needs to be $5000 USD which is way to steep and they base the value and payment of interest of all accounts on the USD and not bitcoin which means if bitcoin skyrockets your left with a guaranteed 7% profit so theoretically you could lose bitcoins by investing with these guys  Shocked a good start but im sure others could do better
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:28:03 AM

ok the only trustable guys I have found are www.bizingit.com they offer a messily 6.5% Per annum account, but interest is calculated daily so its really 6.95% per annum

but here's the kick in the guts the account minimum needs to be $5000 USD which is way to steep and they base the value and payment of interest of all accounts on the USD and not bitcoin which means if bitcoin skyrockets your left with a guaranteed 7% profit so theoretically you could lose bitcoins by investing with these guys  Shocked a good start but im sure others could do better

Yeah, really trustable guys. The domain expired a few days ago. Pls do not post this kind of junk anymore.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
nickallot

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:23:33 PM

sorry dude I was only trying to help I just knew they were legit they are a small consulting company from Australia, isn't there a bitcoin bank on tor that offers 20% a month returns does anyone know of the name and or tor web address cheers nick
nickallot

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:33:09 PM

can someone create a list of proven reputable investment products for bitcoins and or investment opportunities i.e like current ipos, can you buy shares with bitcoins of current trading companies and is there a marketplace for this and/or is there any reputable forex companies as well that offers bitcoin as a deposit method do your worst people
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:36:44 PM

Risk management learned through a trial by fire and diversification so you don't lose all your eggs in one go will be your only saving grace in the world of crypto if you want investments that are "worth it." Sustainable? Probably not. They come and go with the flow of events. Move with the tide.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:19:11 PM

can someone create a list of proven reputable investment products for bitcoins and or investment opportunities i.e like current ipos, can you buy shares with bitcoins of current trading companies and is there a marketplace for this and/or is there any reputable forex companies as well that offers bitcoin as a deposit method do your worst people

Its impossible to do that. Even the most legit companies could go bad. I tend to avoid anything with ROI under a year, 99% of those are scams.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: