Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:03:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything sustainable worth of investing?  (Read 38048 times)
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 11:29:02 AM

I have been making 15% returns per month consistently trading GH/s on the Hashnest exchange. It is important to identify the contract with the current highest yield, it is not always S5. In fact right now UMISOO is the winner. I explain how you can do it yourself at how to profit with Bitmain Hashnest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:48:55 PM

So how long should the age? Or is that not so much important? I got the point with the difficulty.

So are you a developer?

DMD Diamond went up 100% during the last 24 hours. I hope at least some of you guys followed my advice and snatched some.

Can you explain why that happened? The price was stable for a long time it seems and now it jumped that hard? Any news happened or was that only price manipulation or something like that?

What do you mean what happened? A couple of whales who re interested in 50% stake rate and a coin which is obviously long term investment happened.
No manipulation, no major dumps, this is what people like and this is why DMD Diamond s been around for almost 2 years.

Sorry, but that looks more like pump and dump. Especially when the price was very stable all the time and then suddenly it is rocketing.

Might be that its a good stable coin but i would be feary that the price will drop to the old levels fast.

I understand your concern, it s not up to me to convince you to get into DMD or not. I ll just say we are about to celebrate 2nd DMD Diamond Bday in a few days. How many pump and dump coins you know have survived that long? Nah, DMD Diamond s not a pump and dump coin.

You might be right. I'm not so much in altcoins that i can judge this. How long did the other pos-coins survive that died, maybe created as a scam from the start, or so?

Very few other PoS alts survived their first bday. Also, many other alts are based on premine where devs just wait for the price to go up to unload these premined coins and kill the entire coin.
With DMD Diamond, it s a bit different, this coin has been very resilient to pump and dump, the price s been going up constantly, slowly but going up. IMHO, it s a safe long term investment.
We celebrated the second DMD Bday yesterday, take a look at the cakes. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg11870935#msg11870935
In case anyone s got any questions about DMD, let me know, I m always glad to help.

Are you one of the developers? When i would hold some coins of them, how would i hold them so that i would stake the most? Simply in my wallet, should i create blocks or use a service that does this. Whats the most profitable way to hold these coins?

That s the beauty of DMD Diamond wallet. All you need to do is to get as much as can/want, place it your wallet and wait for it to age and mint.

Differently from lots of other PoS coins where you need to rearrange you block all the time, follow difficulty so you can start minting when it s low etc.etc, with DMD, all you need to do is have coins and put them in the wallet. The wallet ll do everything else for you and you will get 50% annual stake until the next block halving.

This coin is designed for people who have no time to follow the market constantly and would like to have stable and sustainable PoS income. This is why I like it.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:34:17 PM

So how long should the age? Or is that not so much important? I got the point with the difficulty.

So are you a developer?

DMD Diamond went up 100% during the last 24 hours. I hope at least some of you guys followed my advice and snatched some.

Can you explain why that happened? The price was stable for a long time it seems and now it jumped that hard? Any news happened or was that only price manipulation or something like that?

What do you mean what happened? A couple of whales who re interested in 50% stake rate and a coin which is obviously long term investment happened.
No manipulation, no major dumps, this is what people like and this is why DMD Diamond s been around for almost 2 years.

Sorry, but that looks more like pump and dump. Especially when the price was very stable all the time and then suddenly it is rocketing.

Might be that its a good stable coin but i would be feary that the price will drop to the old levels fast.

I understand your concern, it s not up to me to convince you to get into DMD or not. I ll just say we are about to celebrate 2nd DMD Diamond Bday in a few days. How many pump and dump coins you know have survived that long? Nah, DMD Diamond s not a pump and dump coin.

You might be right. I'm not so much in altcoins that i can judge this. How long did the other pos-coins survive that died, maybe created as a scam from the start, or so?

Very few other PoS alts survived their first bday. Also, many other alts are based on premine where devs just wait for the price to go up to unload these premined coins and kill the entire coin.
With DMD Diamond, it s a bit different, this coin has been very resilient to pump and dump, the price s been going up constantly, slowly but going up. IMHO, it s a safe long term investment.
We celebrated the second DMD Bday yesterday, take a look at the cakes. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg11870935#msg11870935
In case anyone s got any questions about DMD, let me know, I m always glad to help.

Are you one of the developers? When i would hold some coins of them, how would i hold them so that i would stake the most? Simply in my wallet, should i create blocks or use a service that does this. Whats the most profitable way to hold these coins?

That s the beauty of DMD Diamond wallet. All you need to do is to get as much as can/want, place it your wallet and wait for it to age and mint.

Differently from lots of other PoS coins where you need to rearrange you block all the time, follow difficulty so you can start minting when it s low etc.etc, with DMD, all you need to do is have coins and put them in the wallet. The wallet ll do everything else for you and you will get 50% annual stake until the next block halving.

This coin is designed for people who have no time to follow the market constantly and would like to have stable and sustainable PoS income. This is why I like it.

Yes, I am a member of the dev team. This is not a one man coin, we have several people on the team. The minimum staking age is 9 days and your coins will stake some time after that.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Linuld

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:23:01 PM

So are you a developer?

Yes, I am a member of the dev team. This is not a one man coin, we have several people on the team. The minimum staking age is 9 days and your coins will stake some time after that.

What do you think about stakeminers.com? Would you suggest them? Are they real and do they handle the coins really in a way that they get the most staking?

A thing i don't like so very much is that you need to know the rules for successful staking for each coin. Having someone who does this for you, i mean maximizing profits, would be a good thing. Only thing is i don't know if to trust them.
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:19:50 AM

So are you a developer?

What do you think about stakeminers.com? Would you suggest them? Are they real and do they handle the coins really in a way that they get the most staking?

A thing i don't like so very much is that you need to know the rules for successful staking for each coin. Having someone who does this for you, i mean maximizing profits, would be a good thing. Only thing is i don't know if to trust them.

I use them for about 3 months now and I have had no issues with them. That being said, I really cannot offer guarantees for anything else besides DMD Diamond since DMD is a coin where I am directly involved.
Regarding rules of successful staking, yes, this might be an issue for many PoS coins but not for DMD.

If you select this coin, all you need to do is to download the wallet, get some coins, put them in the wallet and open for staking after 9+ days. No need to rearrange blocks, to resize them, to watch the difficulty, NOTHING. The wallet does it all for you. ATM, 50% annual stake until the next block halving and the price slowly goes up.

katafrag

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:04:38 PM

Barter on Havelock
EPL 2015 on NXT 
BFTB on NXT
Linuld

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:03:00 PM

Barter on Havelock
EPL 2015 on NXT 
BFTB on NXT

These projects look dubious. Barter? Investing in startups? Sounds risky and is so broad that it can be a cover easily.

The second project i didn't find.

The last one is mining? Why invest there? These things never went good in the last months.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 10:05:29 PM

Would like to come back and post an update on the http://byte.enterprises investments that I've mentioned way earlier in the thread.

Thus far there has been 0 missed payouts, and ByteEnt asset has been paying around 5% a month. ByteBank has never missed its steady monthly payout.

I don't expect us to EVER miss a payout, and there are 2 more contributing factors to ByteEnt payouts that are coming now. Ads on the Blockexplorer generating revenue, and another asset that I'm planning on putting payouts from, into ByteEnt for better payouts.

Also, I have 10TB more mining power I will be adding to the ByteEnt asset miner within the next few days, just have to actually get the time to put it into the cluster of the rest of the mining drives.

More and more people are realizing that BURST has the most advanced technology that a lot of other coins are TRYING to do, and BURST has already done. It has the power for a decentralized eBay, and decentralized cryptocurrency exchange, and I've got plans in mind for a couple sites that will use BURST tech to make these ventures as well.

The asset has appreciated in value from its last release of 15 BURST, to now the latest trades of over 30 BURST! I expect it to do nothing but grow!

Thank you for your time and support of ByteEnterprises!

edit - also note, that http://burst.ninja (the pool of which the fee comprises the majority of ByteEnt asset payouts) is now the largest in the world for BURST! We are very happy about this, it means that our development is great, and the miners love our payout system. Our code was developed from the ground up, and the pool has be extremely stable, no crashes in the last... wow it has been a very long time indeed! I can't even remember the last time I have had to restart it. Everything is going very well. All we need now is increase in BURST overall price. Wink

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 09:29:38 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 10:21:38 AM by dooglus

I saw this thread linked in the Just-Dice "troll box", so thought I'd take a look. I skimmed through it and replied to the parts that referenced Just-Dice.

I think that some of those dice sites are a good choice, just-dice has this investment option.
Just-dice has been in the game for long enough time to be called "trusted".
But there is always a chance that the site is hacked or the owners (or some of the programmers) take all the coins and run.

There's only one programmer, and he's also the owner. He's also me.

I stopped dealing with Bitcoin because I didn't feel comfortable holding $50 million worth of other people's Bitcoin. If I was going to "take all the coins and run", I would have done it when I had $50 million worth, not after switching to an altcoin deliberately to downsize.

Thanks for mentioning Just-Dice though. We recently reached the 200% point - anyone who contributed to the Just-Dice bankroll when it relaunched 7 months ago will have just doubled their deposit as of last week. On top of that, the price of the altcoin we use also doubled over the same period, so they will have quadrupled their money in dollar terms. 400% return over 7 months isn't bad, but of course we can't promise the same will happen over the next 7 months.

I tend to avoid anything with ROI under a year, 99% of those are scams.

I keep seeing people talk about how long "ROI" takes. What does that mean?

If you invest in something and get a profit of even 0.00001% per day, isn't that still a return? Aren't you making a return on your investment from day 1?

I understand if you're buying something, like a mining contact say, which takes 100 days to pay you the amount you paid for it. Then you're running at a loss for the first 100 days, and at a profit after that. But isn't that a special case? If I buy Apple shares, I'm investing in Apple. Does it make sense to talk about "how long for ROI"? If the shares go up the next day, I've made a return immediately, haven't I? It's the same with Just-Dice, and as far as I know all other dice sites with crowd sourced bankrolls. You can invest and divest at will, with no fee, so you can "ROI" in 5 seconds if you're lucky.

Is there ANYTHING worth of investing these days?

Just Just-Dice in my opinion, I haven't seen a service where there is a non-guaranteed but solid chance of return other than that gambling site, not that their aren't good investments around the problem is that they aren't IPO or fundraising at this time.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Note that Just-Dice pays staking rewards as well as sharing gambler losses. Others mentioned proof-of-stake coins as a possible investment. Just-Dice uses CLAMs, which are a proof-of-stake coin, generating something like 0.2% per day at the moment. Somewhat strangely this huge inflation doesn't cause the price to drop - the price has been increasing pretty steadily along with the supply.

Interesting, could you elaborate a bit on just-dice. How does all this investment process work? What is your personal ROI experience with them?

You deposit coins, then contribute them to the bankroll. Players bet against the site. If they lose, you win and vice-versa. There's a 1% house edge, so in the long run you expect to profit. Additionally your coins stake for you while they're in the bankroll. The profit from staking generally covers any losses from players winning, even in the worst week we've seen so far. You get to chose your risk level. The most conservative investors have been seeing around 1.4% per week recently. Higher risk investors see much less stable returns, ranging from -3% to +10% per week recently. This post gives actual week-by-week numbers for the two extremes of riskiness.

Your investing in the bankroll of the site on just-dice and gets % of the earned profit  depending on your % of the total bankroll, i think the sites part of the profit is 20% so 80% of the profits goes to those staking the bankroll if it works the same as it did back when the site was btc based.

The site takes 10% of (new, net) profits from losing players, and 10% of staking rewards. It's the same as it was for BTC.

it does add two additonal layers of risk verus Bitcoin one it adds an Altcoin to the mix then the price of Bitcoin as an additional relation, and second operator risk, still it is better than most of the ideas I've seen in the thread so far, conversion considered its been pretty stable.

That's a good point. You are exposed to fluctuations in the price of CLAM, and CLAM's market cap only recently broke the $1 million barrier (compared to several $billion for Bitcoin).

Old members  can just claim free clams and turn them to BTC using their old Bitcoin addresses and move any balance in them to a new address without even needing to buy any clams from an exchange so free BTC in a sense

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.msg11264272#msg11264272

To be precise, every BTC, LTC, and DOGE address that had a non-dust balance on 12th May 2014 was given 4.6 CLAMs in the initial distribution of CLAM. So lots of people already have CLAMs waiting for them, for free. You need to have the private key for the funded address to claim the CLAM, but don't need to give it to anyone. You can check whether any particular BTC, LTC, or DOGE address has free CLAMs waiting for it by typing /dig and the address in the chat tab at Just-Dice.com.

Why clams? All these other elements seem OK but clams??? Using BTC or some other more prominent alt would be much easier option.

Why CLAMs? I'm not sure. I was interested by the distribution method. Thousands of people already have some, for free. The coin was fully pre-mined, then all of it was given away, 4.6 CLAMs to every BTC, LTC, and DOGE address. I liked that idea. The problem with running the site for BTC was that it attracted way too many coins. I was holding over 60,000 BTC at one point. It's hard to imagine, but that's too much money to be able to relax around...

Oh i guess that it was to promote the claims coin, i think dooglus was the person in the world that had most bitcoinadresses with a balance large enouth on them when claims started to qualify for free coins so he was the one that got most free claims, more than anyone else in the world did get.

I get that a lot, but it's not actually the case. I used to be very OCD about keeping the Just-Dice wallet tidy. I would regularly sweep its balance into a single "cold wallet" address. I think I had about 30 funded addresses at the time of the CLAM initial distribution, and so got around 130 CLAMs for free. Maybe it was 20 or 40, but it was something around there. It's a little unfair, because people who never tidied their wallet up, and just let unspent outputs linger for months will have done much better than people who made the effort to keep the majority of coins safely offline.

Edit: I just counted. I got 49 sets of 4.6 CLAMs.

Checking in on this thread since its been a while my clams are still growing due to staking and price has been stable since my last check in so doing good

Did you stay invested? What return have you seen over what period?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1000

monero

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:16:54 AM

I tend to avoid anything with ROI under a year, 99% of those are scams.

I keep seeing people talk about how long "ROI" takes. What does that mean?

If you invest in something and get a profit of even 0.00001% per day, isn't that still a return? Aren't you making a return on your investment from day 1?

I understand if you're buying something, like a mining contact say, which takes 100 days to pay you the amount you paid for it. Then you're running at a loss for the first 100 days, and at a profit after that. But isn't that a special case? If I buy Apple shares, I'm investing in Apple. Does it make sense to talk about "how long for ROI"? If the shares go up the next day, I've made a return immediately, haven't I? It's the same with Just-Dice, and as far as I know all other dice sites with crowd sourced bankrolls. You can invest and divest at will, with no fee, so you can "ROI" in 5 seconds if you're lucky.

I think people are still confusing "break-even" and "ROI" on a regular basis. if they're asking for "how long to ROI?" they really mean breaking even with their initial investment  or 100 % ROI.

TeKenway

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:36:44 PM

Anything that has a guarantee rate of return above 5% I would be skeptical about.

I have honestly been looking for a BTC practice that has a firm lined up. A TPA, Custodian, Insurance backed, and monthly or weekly newsletter's on BTC speculation, estate plans, and tax implications.

Seems hard enought just to find a company with a dedicated phone line. But have to remind ourselves that this is still reletively young product.

There are some extremely smart people doing some fascinating things. Just have to dig through the dirt to find the planted seeds.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:00:40 AM

Anything that has a guarantee rate of return above 5% I would be skeptical about.

Nothing has a guaranteed rate of return, not really. There are always risks involved.

And over what time period do you find over 5% unacceptable? Are you talking per annum?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
TeKenway

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:53:19 AM

Seen a few posts where people are claiming a guaranteed rate of around that figure.
From the posts it looks like a monthly calculation.

5 yr Fixed annuities have a guarantee rate but it's of around 2%.

7 year index's such as the momentum 5 have a 1.5% floor and a 5.5% cap.

I understand bitcoin is interely different and it's volitility would have me stay clear of anyone claiming high returns and even adding in guaranteed rates.

Now I have seen some companies are insurance backed but it covers insolvency and theft, not market volatility.

As far as time horizen goes, I do not find 5% unacceptable over a 12M spread, it's not even unacceptable in a day with the way BTC moves. Just the guartaneed word scares me.

Now I am new to the bitcoin world and I am not claiming to be an expert on anything and please do not take my advise, was just my thought of mind at the moment of posting the comment.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2015, 02:45:21 AM

If you have spare bitcoin you would like to put to work in a low risk investment you can loan the bitcoin to margin traders at an exchange. I am currently getting a 25% annual return and explain how to do it here with an easy to follow illustrated guide.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:59:56 AM

If you have spare bitcoin you would like to put to work in a low risk investment you can loan the bitcoin to margin traders at an exchange. I am currently getting a 25% annual return and explain how to do it here with an easy to follow illustrated guide.

That's OK until the exchange shuts down and keeps your coins. It has happened lots of times before. See how any guarantee they offered holds up when they claim that they were "hacked" and all your coins were stolen...

The advice to keep coins on an exchange for as short a time as possible is good advice.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:26:16 AM

That's OK until the exchange shuts down and keeps your coins. It has happened lots of times before. See how any guarantee they offered holds up when they claim that they were "hacked" and all your coins were stolen...

The advice to keep coins on an exchange for as short a time as possible is good advice.

How is this different from keeping coins on gambling website? Do not get me wrong, I m not saying your website is risky, just following your chain of thoughts.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:25:06 PM

How is this different from keeping coins on gambling website? Do not get me wrong, I m not saying your website is risky, just following your chain of thoughts.

It isn't different. Whenever you send coins to a third party you are running the risk that the third party doesn't give them back to you.

Even if you trust me personally, there are things outside my control which could result in the loss of the coins I am holding.

You need to assess the risks before making a decision. Don't assume that any exchange or gambling site is 100% guaranteed to still be running tomorrow. Many exchanges and gambling sites have vanished into the night taking customer deposits with them.

Edit: by the way I just noticed your signature. First off, anything promising 50% annual interest is almost certainly a scam, and secondly the font is too big. My screen is 1366 pixels wide, and when I full-screen my browser window at 100% zoom, your ad looks like this:

Edit2: oh, I see - it's an altcoin with 50% annual monetary inflation. That's not really the same as 50% annual interest is it?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:21:03 AM

It isn't different. Whenever you send coins to a third party you are running the risk that the third party doesn't give them back to you.

Even if you trust me personally, there are things outside my control which could result in the loss of the coins I am holding.

You need to assess the risks before making a decision. Don't assume that any exchange or gambling site is 100% guaranteed to still be running tomorrow. Many exchanges and gambling sites have vanished into the night taking customer deposits with them.

Edit: by the way I just noticed your signature. First off, anything promising 50% annual interest is almost certainly a scam, and secondly the font is too big. My screen is 1366 pixels wide, and when I full-screen my browser window at 100% zoom, your ad looks like this:

Edit2: oh, I see - it's an altcoin with 50% annual monetary inflation. That's not really the same as 50% annual interest is it?

It s an altcoin with 50% annual PoS rate until the next block halving. If you have 1000 DMD, in a year you ll have 1500 DMD.
No scam, everything is really transparent, the coin s been around for over 2 years now and I have not met a SINGLE person who s been unhappy with the coin. If you do not trust me, you go find anyone who s ever been scammed using DMD. A single person?

Also the price went up 100% compared to a few months ago since then it s been pretty stable. The number of new wallets s been constantly growing and I am quite happy using it, it has brought me nothing but profits.

However, I did not open this thread to talk about stuff I already invested in, I need new stuff. What is annual ROI from your service, based on historical data?

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:42:59 AM

It s an altcoin with 50% annual PoS rate until the next block halving. If you have 1000 DMD, in a year you ll have 1500 DMD.
No scam, everything is really transparent, the coin s been around for over 2 years now and I have not met a SINGLE person who s been unhappy with the coin. If you do not trust me, you go find anyone who s ever been scammed using DMD. A single person?

Also the price went up 100% compared to a few months ago since then it s been pretty stable. The number of new wallets s been constantly growing and I am quite happy using it, it has brought me nothing but profits.

Fair enough. I hadn't realised it was an altcoin at first. Sounds a lot like CLAM. There are 800k CLAM in circulation, and 1 is created each minute. That's 525k per year, so a little over 50%.

However, I did not open this thread to talk about stuff I already invested in, I need new stuff. What is annual ROI from your service, based on historical data?

The service has been running since around Dec 12th 2014, and has returned 105.21% profit since then (ie. if you invested 100 CLAMs at launch, you would have 205.21 CLAMs now).

105.21% in 233 days is 208.6% per annum, assuming the same rate of growth:

>>> ((105.21/100 + 1) ** (365.25/233) - 1) * 100

Over that period, the price of CLAM has also gone up around 400% from 0.002 BTC to 0.01 BTC:

Past performance is no indication of future performance, etc.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:26:30 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 09:55:01 PM by glendall

Seen a few posts where people are claiming a guaranteed rate of around that figure.
From the posts it looks like a monthly calculation.

5 yr Fixed annuities have a guarantee rate but it's of around 2%.

7 year index's such as the momentum 5 have a 1.5% floor and a 5.5% cap.

I understand bitcoin is interely different and it's volitility would have me stay clear of anyone claiming high returns and even adding in guaranteed rates.

Now I have seen some companies are insurance backed but it covers insolvency and theft, not market volatility.

As far as time horizen goes, I do not find 5% unacceptable over a 12M spread, it's not even unacceptable in a day with the way BTC moves. Just the guartaneed word scares me.

Now I am new to the bitcoin world and I am not claiming to be an expert on anything and please do not take my advise, was just my thought of mind at the moment of posting the comment.

Here's one just about as close to guaranteed 6% MONTHLY that you or anyone else can get:  the POS coin Hobonickels.

HBN coin offers 6% monthly without any shadiness or concern about dealing with scammers. (Which I've been really fucked with by the way, most notably Jon Montroll of Bitfunder who stole all his users' coins and by other disappearing investments.)

As your a noob, I'll give you a really basic breakdown of what PoS coin is (most others here I'm sure know already). PoS stands for Proof of Stake (as opposed to bitcoin, which is a POW coin, Proof of Work). For proof of stake coins, you effectively get an interest payment. By owning the coin and showing a stake in it, your wallet generates/mines new coins. That's the nutshell, read up on it more if you like.

About every 10 days you'll get 2% more coins.

I've done well with this coin.

Are there any catches? Yes, one big catch. Is that you will always generate the PoS interest but the market price of the coin is of course the be-all-end-all. So even though personally I bought X amount of coins a year and half ago and now how roughly double the coins, but as I bought in around 0.00012 a coin and it is now 0.00005 a coin, so haven't come out too far ahead.

The good news is though that for new buyer hobonickels is close to it's all time bottom currently. You could probably buy a decent amount for 0.00004 if you are patient (buy order for a week I'd imagine) and I highly, highly highly doubt it will ever sell less for 0.00003 again, and in fact, the indicators look like it will go up.

As with anything, check it out for yourself. I'd also like to say that this POS coin has the best wallet of any other POS coin. There are many POS coins but I'm not fully up to date on the rest. Like most coins, many other POS coins launched, then got pumped and dumped and never used again. HBN though, is the best of the bunch, and though it went through a pump and dump phase (at one point selling for 10x its current market value) I think it has the fundamentals and staying power to be a good investment going forward. Judge for yourself, of course.

Further reading:  
http://hobonickels.info/        Hobonickels homepage

Cryptocharts price chart for HBN:
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/hbn/btc/cryptsy/1-year        

Bitcointalk thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0

Oh ya, one more thing. I hated the name 'hobonickels' and still don't like it much. But if its any consolation, a hobonickel was a real thing once upon a time, it was a hand made currency in the early 20th century, if that makes it sound any better to you.          

Disclaimer: I like hobonickels, think it is undervalued, and have a large holding of it so would of course profit from its growing popularity.  But everything I said here is true nonetheless.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████