Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:58:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DEA Agents in Silk Road Case Face Fraud Charges  (Read 14412 times)
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:29:58 PM

Wow what an interesting turn of events. Still doubt Ulbricht will get too much of it. I think his lawyers should definitely try tough.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:43:28 PM

Interesting tweet here: https://twitter.com/JDratel/status/582636014872723456
Major Silk Road govt corruption scandal revelation today that we've had to sit on for four months and were not permitted to use at trial.

And very interesting replies:
 jlaw ‏@jlaw101 56m56 minutes ago

@texteditorSA @ClausHoumann @JDratel @valdesjo77 Carl Force was heavily involved in the investigation.
0 retweets 0 favorites

@texteditorSA @ClausHoumann @JDratel @valdesjo77 "The DEA official, Carl Force, was "the lead undercover agent in communication" with DPR"
0 retweets 0 favorites
Sam Braverman ‏@SamBraverman 38m38 minutes ago

@JDratel I would say I'm stunned, but nothing stuns me about these prosecutions. The more they want you, the more they'll do to get you.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Anonymous ‏@AnonyOps 28m28 minutes ago

.@JDratel Surely this info was extremely relevant to the trial, since it speaks directly to the trustworthiness of DEA testimony. #SilkRoad

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:42:07 PM

Interesting tweet here: https://twitter.com/JDratel/status/582636014872723456
Major Silk Road govt corruption scandal revelation today that we've had to sit on for four months and were not permitted to use at trial.

And very interesting replies:

@texteditorSA @ClausHoumann @JDratel @valdesjo77 Carl Force was heavily involved in the investigation.
0 retweets 0 favorites

@texteditorSA @ClausHoumann @JDratel @valdesjo77 "The DEA official, Carl Force, was "the lead undercover agent in communication" with DPR"
0 retweets 0 favorites
Sam Braverman ‏@SamBraverman 38m38 minutes ago

@JDratel I would say I'm stunned, but nothing stuns me about these prosecutions. The more they want you, the more they'll do to get you.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Anonymous ‏@AnonyOps 28m28 minutes ago

.@JDratel Surely this info was extremely relevant to the trial, since it speaks directly to the trustworthiness of DEA testimony. #SilkRoad

IAS

I'm calling it now.  Ross gets 2-4 years with probation after this all settles a while from now.

duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:49:27 PM

Why isnt the bitcoin community going to Washington and demanding Ross freedom, we can see how courrupt the gov is, now they should do the crime and take responsibility in there own infrastructure.  If we all march now, we can save him.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:53:43 PM

The state just 100% nuked their own case... re-trial will be coming soon. It will be VERY hard to get a jury to know what is real and what was set-up now, prosecution is going to be in for a nightmare. I think they might be forced to do a deal now.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:56:09 PM

That is scandal, huge thing. Silk road admin will benefit from this.
Hard to find right words at situation like that.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:59:20 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 11:10:38 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

any chance this would give ulbricht a window to climb out?
Yes.  Prosecutorial misconduct.  It can have VERY far reaching implications.  Now, the prosecution is easily shown to have reason to lie.  About this - and other things.  This is VERY good for Ross.  I am pretty sure his attorney will be asking for a retrial by the end of the week.

This might be his only shot. Hopefully he has a very expensive legal team.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:05:18 PM

Crazy turn of events, you really couldn't make this shit up.

Force created certain fictional personas -- that were not officially sanctioned -- to communicate with DPR ...
...Using one of these personas, Force sought to extort DPR by seeking monetary payment...  

Makes you wonder if DPR was coerced into "hiring a hitman."

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
duckydonald

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:09:51 PM

Force created certain fictional personas -- that were not officially sanctioned -- to communicate with DPR ...
...Using one of these personas, Force sought to extort DPR by seeking monetary payment...  

It was all bullshit!!!  Seems like the gov has corruption on there side and people need to get into the street to free Ross right at this moment. AQUITT HIM OF ALL CHARGES, IM thinking MTGOX paid the gov off and setup ROSS in the end. Put Mark Kapales in jail.
GeminiSimba

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

Ain't no party like a Counterparty!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:13:05 PM

It was all bullshit!!!  Seems like the gov has corruption on there side and people need to get into the street to free Ross right at this moment. AQUITT HIM OF ALL CHARGES, IM thinking MTGOX paid the gov off and setup ROSS in the end. Put Mark Kapales in jail.

Exactly, I was just telling my coworker about this that he needs a retrial and my coworker was like "Does Ross have the cash for a retrial?" I'm like bro, do you not know how many people support Ross in the bitcoin community? If his parents started a crowdfund to pay lawyers for a retrial I guarantee it would be fully funded in a week.

"You see, you and I, we believe in life. But you want to fight for it, to kill for it, even to die--for life. I only want to live it."  (Ayn Rand)
duckydonald

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:15:37 PM

lets get tomatoe cage to fund raise, im seriously donating, lets get something going so the parents can fight the Gov and there bullies.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:16:35 PM

Contributions go here:

http://freeross.org/

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:19:46 PM

Read more of the charges. Tbh, I think it is a forgone conclusion at this point. They blackmailed him from multiple angles and on their own.

That charge is not only no more, but it looks like corruption from the prosecution may very
Well have thrown away their case. Quite fitting actually. That said, with the judges very questionable
Actions regarding evidence submission, don't think the corruption won't continue.

Remember we said BTC is an anti corruption trojan horse?  Grin

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
duckydonald

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:21:19 PM

oh shit buy bitcoin prices are going to fucking rise to the stars
GeminiSimba

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

Ain't no party like a Counterparty!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:21:51 PM

Read more of the charges. Tbh, I think it is a forgone conclusion at this point. They blackmailed him from multiple angles and on their own.

That charge is not only no more, but it looks like corruption from the prosecution may very
Well have thrown away their case. Quite fitting actually. That said, with the judges very questionable
Actions regarding evidence submission, don't think the corruption won't continue.

Remember we said BTC is an anti corruption trojan horse?  Grin

Yeah people keep thinking bitcoin is super anonymous but it only is if you keep quiet about what you are doing. These agents were communicating with big name exchanges through emails and freezing customers accounts and stealing their bitcoin so the fraud here is easily traced on the blockchain once you can attribute any bitcoin wallet address to one of the agents.

"You see, you and I, we believe in life. But you want to fight for it, to kill for it, even to die--for life. I only want to live it."  (Ayn Rand)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:23:06 PM

Yes.  Prosecutorial misconduct.  It can have VERY far reaching implications.  Now, the prosecution is easily shown to have reason to lie.  About this - and other things.  This is VERY good for Ross.  I am pretty sure his attorney will be asking for a retrial by the end of the week.

Awesome, that is one of the best things I've read recently.  Smiley
What an embarrassment for the corrupt Gov't.

duckydonald

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:25:13 PM

Yes.  Prosecutorial misconduct.  It can have VERY far reaching implications.  Now, the prosecution is easily shown to have reason to lie.  About this - and other things.  This is VERY good for Ross.  I am pretty sure his attorney will be asking for a retrial by the end of the week.

Awesome, that is one of the best things I've read recently.  Smiley
What an embarrassment for the corrupt Gov't.

you know what this means for bitcoins, a price rise to 500!!
buy buy buy
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:27:24 PM

Why isnt the bitcoin community going to Washington and demanding Ross freedom, we can see how courrupt the gov is, now they should do the crime and take responsibility in there own infrastructure.  If we all march now, we can save him.

Great idea, let's show some passion!
I need funding for my trip, who wants to donate.  Grin

lyth0s
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:28:02 PM

the government should also payback all users funds as well/

I'm no lawyer, but if Ross were to be released/acquitted/not-guilty etc I would imagine that he would have the right to get his property back. It would obviously be paid back in cash, but then maybe he would back his BTC and store it safe this time.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:35:55 PM

the government should also payback all users funds as well/

I'm no lawyer, but if Ross were to be released/acquitted/not-guilty etc I would imagine that he would have the right to get his property back. It would obviously be paid back in cash, but then maybe he would back his BTC and store it safe this time.

He is looking at a possible life-sentence. I think he'd settle for freedom

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: