Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:47:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DEA Agents in Silk Road Case Face Fraud Charges  (Read 14412 times)
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:18:48 PM

This case is like made for TV movie.

Could the Crimes of Two Corrupt Agents Free Ross Ulbricht?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahjeong/2015/04/17/could-the-crimes-of-two-corrupt-agents-free-ross-ulbricht/

Haha. It really is. They're actually making a film about Silk Road which the screenplay is being written now by Dennis Lehane (Shutter Island / The Drop). I wonder if they'll include this latest revelation. I've always thought it would make great story for a film but wondered how they could make it work seeing as it will be mostly based on 'online activity'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3271820/?ref_=nm_dev_5

I really hope they wait for the Ross outcome (re-trial hopefully and then he is off  Wink )
These types of movies can have a significant affect on people (which is but 1 reason with the government is going to all measures to make sure Ross is not let off the hook. They want to make a HUGE example of him of course.)

I'm sure the film will be in development for a while. It's still at script stage from what I understand. The saga definitely isn't over for sure, but I'm not sure Ross will get out of jail just because of this. Hopefully he does get a re-trial though especially with all this shenanigans that came to light and other evidence they weren't allowed to present for whatever reason.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:17:24 PM

Alex Winter being interviewed by Joe Rogan about his film Deep Web. Alex Winter was there at the trial. What a travesty. Just watch from the 1 hour mark for a few minutes. What a laugher (they joke about the journal but then go on about the case.) Also earlier in the video was interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJMjGLcdtOA&feature=share

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:48:10 AM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahjeong/2015/04/17/could-the-crimes-of-two-corrupt-agents-free-ross-ulbricht/

And I am sure that this show will never be allowed to be aired in the Cable TV. Even if they allow it, it will be the heavily-censored version. May be they should upload it to YouTube or some other video-sharing site.

While the US government restricts a lot of freedoms I find it doubtful this would ever be censored by cable TV.

Probably not the whole US Government, most are great people. But it only takes a couple.

https://www.google.com/search?q=grey%20state%20movie%20producer%20dead&oq=gre&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59j0l2.2254j0j4&client=tablet-android-google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 09:53:07 AM

Haha. It really is. They're actually making a film about Silk Road which the screenplay is being written now by Dennis Lehane (Shutter Island / The Drop). I wonder if they'll include this latest revelation. I've always thought it would make great story for a film but wondered how they could make it work seeing as it will be mostly based on 'online activity'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3271820/?ref_=nm_dev_5

I really hope they wait for the Ross outcome (re-trial hopefully and then he is off  Wink )
These types of movies can have a significant affect on people (which is but 1 reason with the government is going to all measures to make sure Ross is not let off the hook. They want to make a HUGE example of him of course.)

I'm sure the film will be in development for a while. It's still at script stage from what I understand. The saga definitely isn't over for sure, but I'm not sure Ross will get out of jail just because of this. Hopefully he does get a re-trial though especially with all this shenanigans that came to light and other evidence they weren't allowed to present for whatever reason.

Preparing popcorn... I also hope they wait it out and see what more interesting stories come out of this trial. I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel for Ross, but corrupt cops will make for interesting plot twists.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:23:27 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 08:49:41 AM by AGD

Did anyone read this already?
http://ia801506.us.archive.org/27/items/gov.uscourts.nysd.422824/gov.uscourts.nysd.422824.232.8.pdf

Seems to be taken from Ross Ulbrichts PC: Agent Force giving information about ongoing investigations to DPR.

Edit: Not only that! It shows how Coinbase worked with the feds and a lot more interesting details about the SR case in general.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:35:52 PM

Did anyone read this already?
http://ia801506.us.archive.org/27/items/gov.uscourts.nysd.422824/gov.uscourts.nysd.422824.232.8.pdf

Seems to be taken from Ross Ulbrichts PC: Agent Force giving information about ongoing investigations to DPR.

Edit: Not only that! It shows how Coinbase worked with the feds and a lot more interesting details about the SR case in general.

That was an interesting read. It shows how involved and lengthy the Silk Road investigation was. Bitcoin so far has been such a soap opera. I love it because it's better than any movie or show on cable because it's real. A couple of my friends and I are trying to figure out who will be the next big Bitcoin arrest.

Blackbird0

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:11:40 PM

Unsurprisingly, the motion for a new trial was denied.
cadaf

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:49:25 PM

Here we go boys and girls..... a hour of your day well fucking spent/

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-1/

cannnnnnnot wait for part two
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:55:45 PM

Part 2 will focus on the actual investigation and how they brought down Ross' talk about Tarbell, etc. These guys did their homework. From what I've heard, they are basing the movie off of this article.

The movie is going to be a must see, thats for sure...
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:52:45 AM

I think Nick Bilton oversaw the second most if not the most important character in the whole Silk Road story: Variety Jones.

He was the "benevolent hacker":

He’d been doing it all himself, learning on the fly, programming automated transactions and using CodeIgniter to write and rewrite the site after a benevolent hacker alerted him to some major flaws. (“This is amateur shit,” the hacker had said.)

and he appeared later as Cimon:

While waiting for news from Nob, DPR considered his options. A Silk Road user named Cimon, a trusted adviser who had guided DPR on opsec, programming, and leadership, asked DPR when a transgression against Silk Road requires a lethal response. “If this was the wild west,” DPR said, “and it kinda is, you’d get hung just for stealing a horse.” A few minutes later, Inigo chimed in, “I don’t condone murder but that’s almost worthy of assassinating him over lol.”

This is actually flipping reality:

The tor chat logs show, that Cimon/Variety Jones did introduce him to the idea of killing Curtis Green:

(2013-01-27 01:13) cimon: As a side note, at what point in time do we
decide we've had enough of someones shit, and terminate them? Like, does
impersonating a vendor to rip off a mid-level drug lord, using our rep and
system; follows up by stealing from our vendors and clients and breeding
fear and mis-trust, does that come close in yer opinion?
(2013-01-27 01:14) myself: terminate?
(2013-01-27 01:14) myself: execute?

and later:

(2013-01-27 01:21) cimon: So, you've had your time to think. You're
sitting in the big chair, and you need to make a decision. Now, really,
things could move fast in the future.
(2013-01-27 01:21) myself: I would have no problem wasting this guy
(2013-01-27 01:21) cimon: Well ok then, I'll take care of it.

it was not Ross or Inigos idea, but it came from Variety Jones. Inigos comment was 8 minutes later:

(2013-01-27 01:22) inigo (laptop): i don't condone murder but thats almost
worthy of assasinating him over lol
(2013-01-27 01:22) myself: well, this is the wild west inigo
(2013-01-27 01:22) myself: they used to hang cattle theives
(2013-01-27 01:22) inigo (laptop): there are certain rules to the
underworld. and problems can sometimes only be handled one way
(2013-01-27 01:22) inigo (laptop): thats true

So, if Mr. Bilton is reading this: You still have a chance to clear things up in part 2. If you need more insider information about the man behind DPR, check this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=935434.0.

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
cadaf

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:57:35 AM

by far the most intriguing part of this story so far... in my eyes is 'Variety Jones'

its pretty obviously not the jester as some suggested earlier.....

i dont think you go from hacking al queada supported websites, to encourgng btc for murder..... i just cant logically connect those dots.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:49:51 PM

any chance this would give ulbricht a window to climb out?

Sadly there is about as much chance of Ross seeing freedom in his lifetime as there is Chelsea Manning. Zero percent.   Sad

"Carl Mark Force IV" - pretty cool name.  Maybe even cooler than: "Dread Pirate Roberts"

He's gonna wish he had a different name when he goes to prison as a crooked cop.

Yeap,
Especially if his fellow inmates are people he busted in the past  Kiss
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:50:39 PM

by far the most intriguing part of this story so far... in my eyes is 'Variety Jones'

i dont think you go from hacking al queada supported websites, to encourgng btc for murder..... i just cant logically connect those dots.

Indeed,
I am still trying to wrap my head around it going through the SR tmeline.
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:56:31 PM

I agree. Jester is not top of the list anymore.

Eastfist

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 03:07:04 PM

I've always wondered if Roger Ver was some kind of federal agent. Because every time he gets any publicity, they mention he's a convicted felon or something, or that he renounced his American citizenship, as if it adds to his "street cred", like they're trying to endear him to radicals or something. I wouldn't be surprised if he was working with Carl Mark Force and Shaun Bridges from the start. Maybe he's the one who ratted them out.
bigasic

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:22:55 PM

I've always wondered if Roger Ver was some kind of federal agent. Because every time he gets any publicity, they mention he's a convicted felon or something, or that he renounced his American citizenship, as if it adds to his "street cred", like they're trying to endear him to radicals or something. I wouldn't be surprised if he was working with Carl Mark Force and Shaun Bridges from the start. Maybe he's the one who ratted them out.

I think if we find out who VJ is we would know for sure who DPR is and if that named changed hands. I think the Govt. knows who he is. The Govt can find anything out, the question is do they want to spend the resources. If money is no object, they could find anyone...

BTW, I've spoken to Roger many times, I can assure you, hes not an agent... I think his political views changed when he was arrested for selling large firecrackers on ebay. not sure if thats the true story, but have no reason to doubt him. spending one year in jail for that is ridiculous.

Also, Inigo did egg on DPR to kill Green. But the real culprit to convince him was VJ. But lets not forget, it was DPR's decision. At first, he didn't want Green even hurt, just wanted the money back. I guess he should have asked nob for the money back, lol...
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:24:54 PM

I think if we find out who VJ is we would know for sure who DPR is and if that named changed hands. I think the Govt. knows who he is. The Govt can find anything out, the question is do they want to spend the resources. If money is no object, they could find anyone...

BTW, I've spoken to Roger many times, I can assure you, hes not an agent... I think his political views changed when he was arrested for selling large firecrackers on ebay. not sure if thats the true story, but have no reason to doubt him. spending one year in jail for that is ridiculous.

Also, Inigo did egg on DPR to kill Green. But the real culprit to convince him was VJ. But lets not forget, it was DPR's decision. At first, he didn't want Green even hurt, just wanted the money back. I guess he should have asked nob for the money back, lol...

VJ is Plural of Mongoose aka Thomas Clark. Should be easy for LE to find him for an interview.

bigasic

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:49:15 PM

VJ is Plural of Mongoose aka Thomas Clark. Should be easy for LE to find him for an interview.

Ive heard that POM wants to be known as VJ, im not sure that plural and VJ are the same person... could be, but who knows. if they do know who it is, he needs to be arrested, lol..
bigasic

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:35:43 AM

Here we go boys and girls..... a hour of your day well fucking spent/

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-1/

cannnnnnnot wait for part two

Haha, reads like a seedy crime novel:

Force got Green to sign a waiver, thereby commencing his role in an impromptu staged torture sting against DPR. Soon Green was being dunked in the bathtub of a Marriott suite by phony thugs who were in fact a Secret Service agent and a Baltimore postal inspector. Force recorded the action on a camera. “Did you get it?” Green asked, wet and wheezing on the floor. He’d felt like their simulation was a little too accurate. They dunked him four more times to get a convincing shot.
[/quote

that was a great read. like I said before, I believe they Fox is basing the movie off of that article.  I bet green thought he was going to die, lol...
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:50:17 AM

Fucking dirty pigs. Its them who should be in jail for years not dread rob

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: