Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:12:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH Collapsing Monero UP  (Read 40364 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 04:43:43 AM

You know things are bad when you see the CEO of THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC. say this:

Simply based on the lack of a proper driving force or incentive structure, the project has little chance of success in our eyes and I'll be unwinding my position over the next few weeks.

ROFL tabloid headlines FTW.

You know of course that he said that about a different coin

Heh.  You must be *so much* fun at parties, Captain Bringdown...   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:58:52 AM

DASH is taking a CRASH! lol
Monero is looking like its in quite a good position right now... Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:31:18 AM

The coins which were mined previous to the announced release date are obviously premined[/b]

Repeating your illogicalities don't make them any more valid. Don't try to redefine well established terms whenever it serves your agenda. Just like you can't say that 2 layer design is good if you hold like the coin, and bad if you don't hold like the coin.
illodin

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:35:09 AM

Good riddance, they are now desperately harassing fluffypony on twitter for calling their scam out: https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/627173115840364544

Calling out someone for lying is now harassing? Do you know what a premine is?

You know you've gone off the reservation when you have to put in "this is not a thread, it just sounds like one" disclaimers in your clearly threatening posts.

As if a "this is not a threat it just sounds like one" disclaimer is going to impress a judge (or probation officer).   Cheesy

What that has to do with lying about DASH having a premine?

DASH clearly had a premine because the dev mined millions of coins before releasing the software to the public, in contradiction of his earlier statements.

Coin was released, mining started. Not the other way around. Do you know what a premine is?

If that's your best argument you should sell into the ongoing collapse before you lose it all.

All this discussion started from whether DASH had a premine or not. Which it didn't (unless you're ready to redefine certain well established terms and their meanings). I'm not trying to argue anything else.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 06:39:58 AM

Good riddance, they are now desperately harassing fluffypony on twitter for calling their scam out: https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/627173115840364544

You know you've gone off the reservation when you have to put in "this is not a thread, it just sounds like one" disclaimers in your clearly threatening posts.

As if a "this is not a threat it just sounds like one" disclaimer is going to impress a judge (or probation officer).   Cheesy

DASH clearly had a premine because the dev mined millions of coins before releasing the software to the public, in contradiction of his earlier statements.

Coin was released, mining started. Not the other way around. Do you know what a premine is?

If that's your best argument you should sell into the ongoing collapse before you lose it all.

All this discussion started from whether DASH had a premine or not. Which it didn't (unless you're ready to redefine certain well established terms and their meanings). I'm not trying to argue anything else.

Words change all the time, but niggling over whether dash was premined or fastmined without the knowledge of the community is like arguing over if Justin Beiber is terrible or mediocre--the result is the same--history will forget the argument.

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 06:41:18 AM

The coins which were mined previous to the announced release date are obviously premined[/b]

Repeating your illogicalities don't make them any more valid. Don't try to redefine well established terms whenever it serves your agenda. Just like you can't say that 2 layer design is good if you hold like the coin, and bad if you don't hold like the coin.

Did seriously just compare trusted 3rd party run Masternodes to trustless sidechains/Lightning?

That's the funniest thing I've heard since the news about Bitfinex dropping DASH.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
camu6

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:11:14 AM

While Dash is getting booted from bitfinex because of low volume, XMR is having a  >700 BTC 24h volume.  Wink
illodin

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:21:45 AM

Words change all the time, but niggling over whether dash was premined or fastmined without the knowledge of the community is like arguing over if Justin Beiber is terrible or mediocre--the result is the same--history will forget the argument.

You can call the launch ninjamine, fastmine, or instamine, and I won't complain as those terms are broad enough to be considered. There are terms you can already use, so why do you insist on using a specific non-fitting term then unless it's for your agenda?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:27:07 AM

You can call the launch ninjamine, fastmine, or instamine, and I won't complain as those terms are broad enough to be considered. There are terms you can already use, so why do you insist on using a specific non-fitting term then unless it's for your agenda?

None of those words clearly describe launching -- with an extreme instamine, which makes the exact launch time rather important -- before the promised launch time. Maybe there isn't an established term for it.

illodin

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:33:01 AM

Did seriously just compare trusted 3rd party run Masternodes to trustless sidechains/Lightning?

That's the funniest thing I've heard since the news about Bitfinex dropping DASH.   Cheesy

It began with another trollero claiming 2 layer design sucks, and you backing him up, while simultaneously saying 2 layer design rulezz in another thread.

Another prime example of you making things up according to your agenda is claiming in that other thread that increasing a variable in the source code makes the program larger.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:36:18 AM

trollero

LOL, those retarded dash trolls who can't even come up with a wittier way to insult us than name calling are rotting your brain illodin. Get out now before you start talking about monetary properties and cryptographic bookkeeping systems.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 07:45:16 AM

None of those words clearly describe launching -- with an extreme instamine, which makes the exact launch time rather important -- before the promised launch time. Maybe there isn't an established term for it.

How about we call it a dashmine?

illodin

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:42:46 AM

trollero

LOL, those retarded dash trolls who can't even come up with a wittier way to insult us than name calling are rotting your brain illodin. Get out now before you start talking about monetary properties and cryptographic bookkeeping systems.

You are talking as if I had locked myself in one room unable of being in multiple rooms simultaneously.

Regarding "trollero", I reserve that term to only a few special individuals. Wink
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:31:25 PM

trollero

You are talking as if I had locked myself in one room unable of being in multiple rooms simultaneously.

Regarding "trollero", I reserve that term to only a few special individuals. Wink

So how much dash did you dashmine in the first 48 hours? I hope you got a million or so - that would explain the attraction. Otherwise...

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 01:17:25 PM

you could buy 10k batches for 0.25 BTC in the first weeks. Probably a reason why icebreaker is all butt-hurt for missing the trainwreck.

I don't want any Digital Trash, except to short it:

So you're using Polo's margin feature? A while ago, I looked into the Margin feature to see if it would be worthwhile to lend. But the orderbooks for the margin-loan markets - all of them - showed only offers to lend but not bids from borrowers. All supply of loan capital; no demand for any. So, I figured at the time that the Margin loan market was a nothingburger.

Has that changed? Is there any "volume" in Polo's leanding market?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 01:29:43 PM

Actually, it's more like arguing whether Facebook's IPO was deliberately botched by crookery or if it was accidentally botched through incompetence. Either way, the cloud it cast over Facebook stock was enough to drive FB from ~$40 to ~$25. I remember this because I was tempted to pick up a few shares around $25.

Given how FB has performed subsequently, do you think anyone cares about its "failed IPO?"

Posted to offer a glimpse of the wide wide world outside of this here echo chamber...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:37:00 PM

you could buy 10k batches for 0.25 BTC in the first weeks. Probably a reason why icebreaker is all butt-hurt for missing the trainwreck.

So you're using Polo's margin feature? A while ago, I looked into the Margin feature to see if it would be worthwhile to lend. But the orderbooks for the margin-loan markets - all of them - showed only offers to lend but not bids from borrowers. All supply of loan capital; no demand for any. So, I figured at the time that the Margin loan market was a nothingburger.

I don't think their engine shows borrower bids under normal conditions. As soon as someone wants to short, their order is filled by a lender. Maybe that would change if there weren't ample coins available to lend.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 02:10:39 PM

Actually, it's more like arguing whether Facebook's IPO was deliberately botched by crookery or if it was accidentally botched through incompetence. Either way, the cloud it cast over Facebook stock was enough to drive FB from ~$40 to ~$25. I remember this because I was tempted to pick up a few shares around $25.

Given how FB has performed subsequently, do you think anyone cares about its "failed IPO?"

Posted to offer a glimpse of the wide wide world outside of this here echo chamber...

We don't know what happened to Facebook, but like Beiber, we know why dash sucks and are just waiting for the world to realize it.  Wink

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 02:10:46 PM

I don't think their engine shows borrower bids under normal conditions. As soon as someone wants to short, their order is filled by a lender. Maybe that would change if there weren't ample coins available to lend.

Thanks. As you prolly guessed, I was interested in entering the market as a lender. It would have given me an excuse to buy some Monero.

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 05:24:19 PM

It began with another trollero claiming 2 layer design sucks, and you backing him up, while simultaneously saying 2 layer design rulezz in another thread.

Another prime example of you making things up according to your agenda is claiming in that other thread that increasing a variable in the source code makes the program larger.

Dash's 2 layer design is nothing like sidechains/Lightning on Bitcoin.

It's a very simple distinction.  Dash uses trusted 3rd party masternodes (bad idea), while BTC's Layer 2 is trustless thanks to opcodes like CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY.

The market is too smart to ignore such an all-important difference in quality.  That's why you're getting #rekt:

Bam!  Right down the DashHole...   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: