Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH Collapsing Monero UP  (Read 40364 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:20:15 PM

For a guy who deleted his wallets illodin sure spends a lot of time defending a fraud instamine shitcoin  Cheesy

Are you paid in Dash or Bitcoin for your shill service?

So when your argument gets debunked you begin with the personal attacks?  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:29:35 PM

How is it debunked? Because Evan made a post on a forum?  Roll Eyes
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:20:55 AM

He argues it's difficult to attack it like that because one would drive up the price too much, thus admitting an attack is possible, albeit difficult... but possible nonetheless... This would be a major concern to me as an investor...

Looks like also that aspect of the FUD has just been obsoleted:

Basically, something called masternode input age based quorum layering. Quorums are created using the age of the masternodes, 25% of the quorums are more than 1.5 years old, the next 25% is more than 1 year old, the next 25% is more than 6 months old, then the final 25% is any masternode that is newer than that. It guarantees, you can't control a quorum by just buying coins from an exchange to make new masternodes, there will always be masternodes that are really, really old.

Maybe people are worried about the old masternodes being used by nefarious characters. After all Evan Instamine & Co own a large percentage of them and they are as shady as they come. Evan & Co are also publicly identifiable so anyone who can gain influence Evan immediately gains control over a large percentage of all old masternodes.

Who is worried about new buyers misbehaving? New buyers are the victims of this HYIP.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:06:30 AM

He argues it's difficult to attack it like that because one would drive up the price too much, thus admitting an attack is possible, albeit difficult... but possible nonetheless... This would be a major concern to me as an investor...

Basically, something called masternode input age based quorum layering. Quorums are created using the age of the masternodes, 25% of the quorums are more than 1.5 years old, the next 25% is more than 1 year old, the next 25% is more than 6 months old, then the final 25% is any masternode that is newer than that. It guarantees, you can't control a quorum by just buying coins from an exchange to make new masternodes, there will always be masternodes that are really, really old.

Maybe people are worried about the old masternodes being used by nefarious characters. After all Evan Instamine & Co own a large percentage of them and they are as shady as they come. Evan & Co are also publicly identifiable so anyone who can gain influence Evan immediately gains control over a large percentage of all old masternodes.

Who is worried about new buyers misbehaving? New buyers are the victims of this HYIP.

I dont think you have taken the time to understand how subquorums and the proposed tech in that post works. Quorums will be formed by deterministically selecting a portion of the quorum from different age ranges, that means old masternodes dont have more influence either. No one does. It is a well thought out solution.

Also you should not call people you dont know shady.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:10:55 AM

I dont think you have taken the time to understand how subquorums and the proposed tech in that post works. Quorums will be formed by deterministically selecting a portion of the quorum from different age ranges, that means old masternodes dont have more influence either. No one does. It is a well thought out solution.

Also you should not call people you dont know shady.

Knowing someone is not a prerequisite for determining if they are shady or not.

It takes only the surface level to determine that.

Let's not make up standards that do not exist and use them as an absolute statement
Thanks
 Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:37:48 AM

Speaking of shady.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1220204.0

Hopefully that guy didn't listen to Minotaur26 and his terrible advice to buy DASH at 0.012.

How does it feel to be directly responsible for an almost 50% loss Minotaur?
illodin

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:45:27 AM

Hopefully that guy didn't listen to Minotaur26 and his terrible advice to buy DASH at 0.012.

Do you really want people to go and find all posts from people foaming from the mouth BUYYRGH MOAAANERROOOOARGH while all it's done from the early OTC days is lose value?

Also, looks like back then DASH was $2.76 a piece, and today it's $2.50 so where is the 50% loss? It's not Minotaur's fault Bitcoin decided to rocket up.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:52:01 AM

Do you really want people to go and find all posts from people foaming from the mouth BUYYRGH MOAAANERROOOOARGH while all it's done from the early OTC days is lose value?

Sure, find a post where a Monero Core team member blatantly makes investment advice like Minotaur26 has done.

Even if you do miraculously find one (i doubt it) DASH will still be the only shitcoin whose developer advertises that he's buying on exchanges while simultaneously selling OTC. 

illodin

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:59:25 AM

developer advertises that he's buying on exchanges while simultaneously selling OTC. 

1. Prove it.
2. Is trading forbidden if you're a developer?

Also perhaps you missed this one:

Also, looks like back then DASH was $2.76 a piece, and today it's $2.50 so where is the 50% loss? It's not Minotaur's fault Bitcoin decided to rocket up.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:14:41 AM

Prove it? It's pretty self explanatory. Read the thread again, slower if you have to, as many times as it takes for you to understand.

Yeah, i did miss it because you edited your post. This might be news to you but this is a Bitcoin forum, not a FIAT forum. He lost close to 50% of his BTC by investing in a shitcoin. Now you're going to blame the BTC rise? Haven't you been marketing DASH as a "direct competitor" to Bitcoin.. so shouldn't it be gaining value against the 'dinosaur' BTC (as you Dashers like to say) ?

Seems Minotaur is very selective when it comes to responding to threads he doesn't like. Good thing he has paid shills speaking for him.
illodin

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:24:38 AM

Prove it? It's pretty self explanatory. Read the thread again, slower if you have to, as many times as it takes for you to understand.

If you can't prove it just say it.

Also you forgot to address the second part, is trading forbidden if you're a developer?

He lost close to 50% of his BTC by investing in a shitcoin.

If you sell your stock today with the same price you bought them, you're even. If the stock doubles the next day, it doesn't mean you lost money. You're still even. I know this is hard to understand as people are still complaining DASH being a scam because a lot of coins were mined fast and sold cheaply in the beginning and they for some reason didn't mine or buy, so they feel they lost and thus were scammed when the price went up instead of down like some other coins and they missed the profits.

Good thing has his paid shills speaking for him.

I am a paid shill? Prove it.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:47:27 AM

I hope they're paying you well. Meanwhile Minotaur slinks back into the shadows without saying a word.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 06:53:04 AM

If you can't prove it just say it.

Also you forgot to address the second part, is trading forbidden if you're a developer?

He lost close to 50% of his BTC by investing in a shitcoin.

If you sell your stock today with the same price you bought them, you're even. If the stock doubles the next day, it doesn't mean you lost money. You're still even. I know this is hard to understand as people are still complaining DASH being a scam because a lot of coins were mined fast and sold cheaply in the beginning and they for some reason didn't mine or buy, so they feel they lost and thus were scammed when the price went up instead of down like some other coins and they missed the profits.

Good thing has his paid shills speaking for him.

For a guy who claims to have lost his wallets and therefore has no current holdings in dash, you are doing a lot of prove it talk.

You lost your wallets? Prove it. Because the tone and amount of post you do defending dash makes it seem like you are still holding a lot of dash.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:11:24 AM

Yeah, i did miss it because you edited your post. This might be news to you but this is a Bitcoin forum, not a FIAT forum. He lost close to 50% of his BTC by investing in a shitcoin. Now you're going to blame the BTC rise? Haven't you been marketing DASH as a "direct competitor" to Bitcoin.. so shouldn't it be gaining value against the 'dinosaur' BTC (as you Dashers like to say) ?

Seems Minotaur is very selective when it comes to responding to threads he doesn't like. Good thing he has paid shills speaking for him.

it should be noted that Dash began its descent from 0.011BTC/DASH long before bitcoin started its price rise.

Dash supporters spinning things as much as they can at every opportunity.

Please continue it is humorous to me.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

illodin

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:28:12 AM

I hope they're paying you well. Meanwhile Minotaur slinks back into the shadows without saying a word.

No you don't. What you hope is DASH to go away so your Monero bags could go to m0000n.
illodin

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 08:28:52 AM

For a guy who claims to have lost his wallets and therefore has no current holdings in dash, you are doing a lot of prove it talk.

You lost your wallets? Prove it. Because the tone and amount of post you do defending dash makes it seem like you are still holding a lot of dash.

And this coming from a guy who claims to troll DASH only for altruistic reasons himself. I guess the same applies to you:

What you hope is DASH to go away so your Monero bags could go to m0000n.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 08:48:12 AM

And this coming from a guy who claims to troll DASH only for altruistic reasons himself. I guess the same applies to you:

What you hope is DASH to go away so your Monero bags could go to m0000n.

I hold monero (as well as aeon) and never claimed my reasons for criticizing dash were wholly altruistic. But if the the criticism fits, you wear it whether it is coming from a saint or a sinner.

Now how about that proof of losing your wallets? Also, how would dash's market cap equal a moon shot--a moonshot is billions beyond where Bitcoin currently is. So we should be criticizing Bitcoin for its lack of fungibility in moneroland (which we do) and digital fiat for its lack of privacy (which everyone does). Criticism are either valid, invalid or opinion and dash's instamine is valid, x11's weakness as an algo is valid, and darksend's second rate privacy is valid as attested by Evan himself (finally).

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 12:44:44 PM

People are righteously affraid because Ewan can decide anytime to get out and become ultra-rich. That instamine "glitch" is costing and gonna cost Dash in the future, by now, because of the best fundamentals among other coins, it should've replaced Litecoin, but it's not happening and the big question is if it will. Thing is, and maybe it sounds insane, but if Ewan destroyed most of his stash, that would launch Dash to like 100-200x the price now. Maybe a smart move to do - that would end this "instamine" drama once and forever.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:55:52 PM

<lots of fluff and no substance>

<cheerleading>

Where is the Evolution white paper and where is its peer review?

If you have no good answer to that then it just goes to show how uninformed you folks are.

If you are an investor, it is likely that you don't understand the fundamentals from a developers point of view hence why you would overlook what Charles has said.

Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:31:29 PM

People are righteously affraid because Ewan can decide anytime to get out and become ultra-rich. That instamine "glitch" is costing and gonna cost Dash in the future, by now, because of the best fundamentals among other coins, it should've replaced Litecoin, but it's not happening and the big question is if it will. Thing is, and maybe it sounds insane, but if Ewan destroyed most of his stash, that would launch Dash to like 100-200x the price now. Maybe a smart move to do - that would end this "instamine" drama once and forever.

The problem with your idea is Evan does not have a huge stash to destroy. There were a lot of coins mined by whoever was there mining they did not go to him in particular, just a portion. The largest holders are all investors that bought in exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: