Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:13:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (XEM) NEM Speculation thread  (Read 14549 times)
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:33:35 PM

Yup...the next Nxt release (  Grin cheesy ) will allow a 40 kB payload per message, either clear or encrypted.
Hmm.....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 10:41:59 PM

Yup...the next Nxt release (  Grin cheesy ) will allow a 40 kB payload per message, either clear or encrypted.
Hmm.....

Really? What would that do to the blockchain (i.e., bloat)?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:13:08 PM

Good question.....25 fully loaded AMs would add 1mB to the NXT blockchain, you can do the rest of the math from there.
There will need to be some pruning mechanism, I expect.
Anyhow, 1.5 is now on TestNet, so people are free to break it any way they like....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:14:14 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 01:25:48 AM by Zer0Sum

But the first Gen 2.0 platform to host torrent sites anon will jump into the Top 3 market cap.

Hosting torrents sites could be a big deal for crypto coins. Actually it is already possible using Nxt messages to create apps hosting torrent links.

This is where Nxt needs to go... or some else will soon.

Create "scratch pad" temporary storage that will host html + backend custom data structure...
All controlled by a Java plug-in...
You are basically making the klunky Tor Project irrelevant by hosting "hidden sites" on Nxt platform...
With Ver 1.5 you can hack it by compressing data into permanent Arbitrary Message storage...
(I believe SuperNET already uses AM storage a lot so there is competition for this limited resource).

But you really need slightly more sophisticated p2p storage...
Remember you are only hosting web site content, not competing with Amazon and Google like Storj...  
And you also need some form of micropayments to replace the millions $$$ torrent sites generate from ads...
With Nxt it's 1 NXT (about $0.01) for everything... and that is very limiting.

Torrents are less evil than the fat, rich Hollywood lawyers prosecuting random downloaders...
While Hollywood posts record profits, the entire torrent space is under attack and in disarray = Big Opportunity  Smiley
isasim

Activity: 33
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 10:00:26 AM

Hmm.....

the blockchain will become more and more heavier

NEM
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:11:33 AM

But the first Gen 2.0 platform to host torrent sites anon will jump into the Top 3 market cap.

Hosting torrents sites could be a big deal for crypto coins. Actually it is already possible using Nxt messages to create apps hosting torrent links.

This is where Nxt needs to go... or some else will soon.

Create "scratch pad" temporary storage that will host html + backend custom data structure...
All controlled by a Java plug-in...
You are basically making the klunky Tor Project irrelevant by hosting "hidden sites" on Nxt platform...
With Ver 1.5 you can hack it by compressing data into permanent Arbitrary Message storage...
(I believe SuperNET already uses AM storage a lot so there is competition for this limited resource).

But you really need slightly more sophisticated p2p storage...
Remember you are only hosting web site content, not competing with Amazon and Google like Storj...  
And you also need some form of micropayments to replace the millions $$$ torrent sites generate from ads...
With Nxt it's 1 NXT (about $0.01) for everything... and that is very limiting.

Torrents are less evil than the fat, rich Hollywood lawyers prosecuting random downloaders...
While Hollywood posts record profits, the entire torrent space is under attack and in disarray = Big Opportunity  Smiley

Now you just need to find a dev, do the trustless crowdfunding using Nxt Monetary System and you'll be a millionaire by the end of the year  Grin
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:13:22 AM

Yup...the next Nxt release (  Grin cheesy ) will allow a 40 kB payload per message, either clear or encrypted.
Hmm.....

the blockchain will become more and more heavier

How to implement Blockchain 'trimming' has already been discussed and also referenced in the voting section of NRS version 1.5.0e. I think if you want a message to persists beyond each trim, there will be higher fees. But not sure yet so don't quote me
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:45:04 AM

Currently, the XEM price seems to be backed between 90 and 110 Satoshi. There are big trading walls on both sides. This is good for stability but I guess the most buying and selling offers have been set up some days ago without changing in the meantime. It's time to get onto other exchange to create a competition and increase trading liquidity and volatility. I know that there is no priority from the devs to get onto other exchange but it should be for the community to spread NEM further.
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:57:39 AM

I know that there is no priority from the devs to get onto other exchange but it should be for the community to spread NEM further.

Do you have evidence to back-up that statement?
0nlyBTC

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:25:47 PM

XEM/BTC Markets are available on Bittrex Exchange now. 
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:46:22 AM

Definitely potential to be the next DOGE.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:21:47 AM

It seems it has created more sell pressure instead of more buy pressure. 67 satsoshi now. We are heading to 50 sats.

XEM/BTC Markets are available on Bittrex Exchange now.  

edit: 63 sats
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 11:10:07 AM

I'm thinking ~$10m market cap initially, perhaps falling to $5m but I don't see it going much more below that. After that, the sky's the limit really. Absolute worst case scenario we see a market cap between $1m and $2m temporarily, but no way we are going below $1m market cap unless there is a catastrophic failure.

It's getting close to the $1MM boundary, has there been any catastrophes, or is it just whales keeping the price down so they can buy more?
0nlyBTC

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 11:13:07 AM

NEM project took months of work and time. Dumping is expected. The question how long should I wait to buy at the bottom? My prediction is we will see a absolute bottom around 10-20 satoshis. I can wait. Imagine extremely cheap XEM. The long-term value will rise as more features or mobile wallet deployment. Steady as she goes gentlemen. 
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:43:26 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 02:30:13 PM by e-coinomist

I'm thinking ~$10m market cap initially, perhaps falling to $5m but I don't see it going much more below that. After that, the sky's the limit really. Absolute worst case scenario we see a market cap between $1m and $2m temporarily, but no way we are going below $1m market cap unless there is a catastrophic failure.
It's getting close to the $1MM boundary, has there been any catastrophes, or is it just whales keeping the price down so they can buy more?

They shoveled 43.3 BTC into getting this below 64 sat, so for 30~40 sat this is a sure thing to grab a ton, or two. Since the CRAVE dump is over and out, I do exspect more dumping amunitions are still on stock. Yes, buy wall at 62 seems most probably to be not high enough.

If you do not like this, simply add another brick on it's top rim.

edit: wall just jumped up +2sat to elude 10% "small fry" sedimenting in front of it. So acknowledged, Wales try to push down and accumulate for a pump.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:58:21 PM

I would be VERY surprised to see XEM go below 30 sat.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 11:19:22 PM

I think NEM, as well as other coins will not have more great price. Unless it is handled like any shtcoin or controlled as Ripple and Stellar.

The current market appreciates more liquidity, which is good for itself by providing more stability. And for that you must usability/marketing, so the volume will be maintained, otherwise will fall.

At least not until after the medium term. Wink

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 04:38:42 AM

You think it could like the NEMstake?  There was an initial price drop on the AE but then NEM it only ever went up.  Like from 1 NEMstake was 30,000 NXT and then it became almost 100,000 NXT after 8 months.

On the exchanges it could just be the first week(s) of dumping and it'ld build up.   Grin

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:40:38 AM

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
bobster

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 09:21:19 AM

Andddd...the price of NEM is now 55 sat. When will we see the bottom of this? Stop dumping!

"nem price"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: