Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:50:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (XEM) NEM Speculation thread  (Read 14549 times)
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:17:52 PM

Andddd...the price of NEM is now 55 sat. When will we see the bottom of this? Stop dumping!

"nem price"

we'll bounce 1 sat
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:56:09 PM

It's a normal price development. Smart traders (sharks) sold their NEMstakes at the beginning because they know they can buy more coin much cheaper later. Beginners (call them fishes) have hoped price will go through the top and now they are completely disappointed what you can see from many negative posts here. This decreases the price and gives the sharks the chance to buy cheap and make good profit later. This is the reality about coins which used IPO/ICO.

Conclusion: Don't worry, price will go up again Wink
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:53:01 PM

It's a normal price development. Smart traders (sharks) sold their NEMstakes at the beginning because they know they can buy more coin much cheaper later. Beginners (call them fishes) have hoped price will go through the top and now they are completely disappointed what you can see from many negative posts here. This decreases the price and gives the sharks the chance to buy cheap and make good profit later. This is the reality about coins which used IPO/ICO.

Conclusion: Don't worry, price will go up again Wink

yep, that's how it works
grewalsatinder

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:55:50 AM

Anybody see any possibility of XEM going down 40-30 sats in coming weeks?

Just wondering what our community is speculating on price these days. Smiley

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 07:42:41 AM

Anybody see any possibility of XEM going down 40-30 sats in coming weeks?

Just wondering what our community is speculating on price these days. Smiley

It is hard to say.  It has been doing better since China came online. 

I think everybody has been waiting for a "big pump" and one hasn't come.  That is interesting because it would lead us to believe that NEM's distribution was actually so good that no whale accumulated enough to try to play the pump and dump game with XEM.

That leads me to believe that right now XEM is still in price discovery mode (true prices can really only be known at the top of the pump and the bottom of the dump) but seems to be settling down, and that any long term pump, will actually be the real deal caused by increased demand and not somebody manipulating the market to create bag holders. 

The problem with NEM right now, is the platform as a whole is still very young and doesn't really have a lot of great features that would support this increased demand.  What it does, it does better than any other coin I believe, but it is still just a coin and lots of other coins have a huge first mover advantage and the people using them find that they work well enough to not make a switch. 

But NEM is a long game, and while it has a coin "XEM" that is not the point of the platform.  In the future hopefully NEM will have more features added other than just messaging and sending coins, at which point the demand and marketcap will go up, especially if NEM offers services that aren't found elsewhere.  And so far the NEM devs have been very good at building tech with features that haven't and can't be found elsewhere. 

Right now most of these just focus only on security, which is a much needed thing in crypto, but doesn't really do a lot to boost transactions today.  But hopefully some new tech will come along that does boost transaction in the future and that creates a higher real market cap.

lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Andddd...the price of NEM is now 55 sat. When will we see the bottom of this? Stop dumping!

"nem price"

we'll bounce 1 sat
This is the initial backed, price is irrelevant.  Tongue

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:05:01 PM

Continious slight price increase since weeks. I guess we have seen the absolute bottom of XEM.
I am the guy

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:27:33 AM

Continious slight price increase since weeks. I guess we have seen the absolute bottom of XEM.

How low did it go?

tyz
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:50:48 PM

I don't know exactly. It was around 50 Satoshis. Take a look at some charts of an exchange to get the exact lowest price.

How low did it go?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:00:52 PM

NEM upgraded from deaded to slightly deadeded  Shocked

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
I am the guy

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:00:19 PM

NEM + POI + Deflationary currency + NEM platform = I liking what I am seeing. NEM has to mature quite a bit for prices to rise. Right now could be the time to buy NEM.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:41:32 AM

certainly i'm highly critical of nem, so many shitcoins, and scams around here only a fool would have blind faith in any of this. some of it has merit though, but also appears to have fizzled from initial hype.

i'd say a further retreat unless some sort of wow comes out of it.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:51:01 AM

There's no great desire for any crypto right now. The only people buying anything are probably the same old suspects and they're no doubt pretty worn out by the alt scene in general.

NEM in general has been much classier than most alts. It's still stuck in the same rut as all the others though.
I am the guy

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:47:21 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 03:58:12 AM by I am the guy

certainly i'm highly critical of nem, so many shitcoins, and scams around here only a fool would have blind faith in any of this. some of it has merit though, but also appears to have fizzled from initial hype.

Hypothetically if "wow" factor was offered, would you retract your critical statements about NEM? I did a bit of research and their community is solid with bright developers. No blind faith required.  

I am the guy

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 03:57:34 AM

There's no great desire for any crypto right now. The only people buying anything are probably the same old suspects and they're no doubt pretty worn out by the alt scene in general.

NEM in general has been much classier than most alts. It's still stuck in the same rut as all the others though.

Crypto in general is stagnanted simply because it isn't mainstream yet. Does this mean we stop supporting block chain innovation? Of course not. Just support innovation.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:27:13 AM

Hypothetically if "wow" factor was offered, would you retract your critical statements about NEM? I did a bit of research and their community is solid with bright developers. No blind faith required.  

i think any genuine crypto should welcome my questions and my criticism. i'm one of the very few members here not out for the fiat (my history would show that), but trying (and yet to find) a genuine useable, properly decentralised, p2p currency. 
I am the guy

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:10:20 AM

i think any genuine crypto should welcome my questions and my criticism. i'm one of the very few members here not out for the fiat (my history would show that), but trying (and yet to find) a genuine useable, properly decentralised, p2p currency. 

From myself I don't expect record profits (it would be nice) but I can relate. However I look at the technology and its basis for existing. NEM's purpose and features are which interests me.     

Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 09:55:42 AM

88758059.12316123 only in Sell Orders  Cool

Would it be that all dumbers are almost have sold their belongings?

I´m hoping that we´re heading towards upwards in coming weeks.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 02:55:18 PM

today has been a good day

Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:09:48 PM

To me, when you compare NEM to the other options out there, it stands up pretty well.

There will be ups and downs, but we will continue to see it rise because more and more people will learn that the devs have plans for NEM. Unlike other coins, our devs always come through on their promises.

Like I said, as more people out there see that the NEM devs are always working to improve the coin, those people will invest, and cause the value to increase.

NEM will only continue to grow!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: