Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:53:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatars re-enabled  (Read 49520 times)
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:44:21 PM

Well, it would really please me if people didn't think

I don't care what people think about my avatar. That's the point, it's my avatar.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:17:40 AM

I don't care what people think about my avatar

But some people do

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 12:56:31 AM

I don't care what people think about my avatar. That's the point, it's my avatar.

If people were talking about your periwinkle seal avatar, you wouldn't find it tiresome telling them it's a pink Hello Kitty? I suppose we could just ignore them, but I would prefer to not have to do that.

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:57:17 AM

That's like saying you don't care what onlookers think about your public nose-picking habit because it's your nose.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:40:10 AM

That's like saying you don't care what onlookers think about your public nose-picking habit because it's your nose.

That comparison would only make sense if my avatar was as universally disgusting as nose-picking is. Which, honestly, I don't believe to be the case.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 08:37:32 AM

I missed the April-fool! Sad

Thank you theymos for re-enabling. Hope all precautions have been made. It will be good to have an option to use an image from a link instead of uploading from computer as avatar.

bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:46:51 AM

Its a wise decision to limit risks, even though for most people these measures seem to be overdone.
Simply another point in the forum secured and posing less risk to get anything nasty.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 01:26:03 PM

This is great!  It can also reduce the amount of scams from account impersonation!  Everyone choose a unique picture. Smiley

Or just copy someone
Most of the account impersonators (or every single one, for all I know) create a new bitcointalk account with a very similar name.  But they won't be able to copy the picture, as for you must be Full Member and up! Smiley
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 09:35:22 AM

theymos: when will you launch the new forum?

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 09:50:46 AM

theymos: when will you launch the new forum?

A few updates.

It's coming. Data migration + server ops setup these days.

The configuration for this would be much desirable for the creator of the theme. As the development of the forum is progressing, we are on the Admin and Moderation side of things now. This is good input and it would be a decision from the Bitcointalk staff.

I can't really say but I will say that we're close.

It's a general purpose forum that's intended to compete with others. Once the theme engine is in place, we'll be able to get more involvement from the public. For now, you can check out the source. On top of that a beta is being evaluated with the staff at this point so please sit tight.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 11:52:06 AM

Even though we're all eager to see the forum come that is completely off-topic here.
I'm more interested in final rules for Avatars. We can't have people posting around with NFSW avatars and such.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:06:16 PM

Even though we're all eager to see the forum come that is completely off-topic here.
I'm more interested in final rules for Avatars. We can't have people posting around with NFSW avatars and such.
Here are the rules if you were looking for them -
1) Is nudity allowed? If so, to what extreme? To a non nsfw tag?

No.

2) Is NSFL allowed? [NSFL = Not Safe For Life]

No.

3) Is other adult content allowed?

Maybe.

If I receive (or anticipate receiving) several complaints about something, it's probably too much.

4) Are paid avatar campaigns allowed?

Yes.

5) Is copyright content allowed? How should copyright holders request deletion of infringing content?

You are not allowed to infringe copyright, of course. I have no way of knowing whether you have a license to use particular images, and it's additionally sometimes difficult to determine whether fair use applies, so I will not be proactively removing possibly-infringing images. The DMCA process is used.

6) Is racial / sexist content allowed?

Probably.

7) Is there a limit on 'annoyingness'?

Animation is not allowed, so I feel like it'd be difficult to create an avatar that is sufficiently annoying that I'd want to remove it.

8 ) Are 'imitation' avatars allowed? Ie wearing avatars of specific companies to give the false impression of representation.

Copying someone's avatar in order to impersonate them or cause confusion is not allowed. But if you both use some generic picture of some famous person or something, that's probably not going to count, and using elements of someone's avatar for purposes other than impersonation will probably be allowed. Same for companies.

9) How should users report those with infringing avatars?

DMCA takedown notices or any other legal thing must be emailed to me. For other issues, post about it in Meta.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 09:54:19 AM

Thanks theymos!

And i think the avatar page should state that no animated gifs are allowed. I spent time to make one only to find the error message that i cant upload animated gifs. The website claims one can use GIF, PNG and JPEG. So a warning would be nice that animated gifs arent allowed, only normal gifs.

I guess PNG and JPEG arent able to animate something?

For example i tried to make the QR code even smaller. It works if you use interpolation but the smartphone has a hard time to read it. So that size is the minimum. But that means i cant write much and its not very good readable. A possibility to at least have 2 frames, maybe only working after a moderator approved, would help in these cases.

Maybe you can think about that theymos?

Thanks anyways... Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
josef2000

Activity: 280

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 03:01:14 PM

Im happy to use them! This enables faster searching for posts (of mine) in a thread, because every avatar is unique.
Not such a great timing though, I really thaught it was an April fool... But then I realized that I could really do it.
However, THANKS theymos! Best admin ever!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 06:12:09 PM

This may have been answered already... If the new forum software doesn't support animations, will current animated avatars carry over to the new forum software as long as they are not changed?

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:43:42 AM

Damn it I wanted to be special

I always identified you from your avatar, not user name. And I always will. So you ARE special.  Tongue

People will copy Sad

Just saw this:

you were just un-special-ed  Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:48:22 AM

I always identified you from your avatar, not user name. And I always will. So you ARE special.  Tongue

People will copy Sad

Just saw this:

you were just un-special-ed  Grin

Personalised it! Because he wants to remove the possibility of put/upload an avatar. I will remove it lately, and put again the pineapple.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:52:40 AM

I always identified you from your avatar, not user name. And I always will. So you ARE special.  Tongue

People will copy Sad

Just saw this:

Personalised it! Because he wants to remove the possibility of put/upload an avatar. I will remove it lately, and put again the pineapple.

This is going to be an issue. I also identify many posters by their avatars. I really hope this won't get abused too much, but I can't see how it won't really.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:56:11 AM

People will copy Sad

Just saw this:

This is going to be an issue. I also identify many posters by their avatars. I really hope this won't get abused too much, but I can't see how it won't really.

Yes a real issue, but I don't still understand the purpose of this (his) thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=394583.0  and this is why I have put 'his' avatar but now I have change it (only a little test).

This is was the final version:

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 11:29:41 AM

I don't think it's an issue, people are going to copy avatars and there is no rule that stops them from doing this. But it is for the best to have a different avatar if you see someone already has it.

@redsnow, found 2 avatars for you. See if you like them:

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████