Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT could merge in QUBIC before it dies !? bright future !?  (Read 1681 times)
From Above (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:28:57 AM

For me it's enough if Nxt doesn't die before I release Qubic. Then (if Nxt community doesn't mind) all Nxt coins, assets and other stuff could be transferred to Qubic. Qubic is planned to be released in 2016 when we (Jinn Labs) complete development of its hardware backbone.

looks like nXt future could be dependent on dem company 'Jinn Labs'

here's what could happen :

it will empower NXT in a way that it can even surpass Bitcoin within days.

So with his proposal NXT actually has a brighter future than any other cryptocurrency today.

u see, with Jinn NXT might actually have brighter future than any other cryptocurrency today.
it might even surpass Bitcoin within days !

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:36:26 AM

For me it's enough if Nxt doesn't die before I release Qubic. Then (if Nxt community doesn't mind) all Nxt coins, assets and other stuff could be transferred to Qubic. Qubic is planned to be released in 2016 when we (Jinn Labs) complete development of its hardware backbone.

So with his proposal NXT actually has a brighter future than any other cryptocurrency today.

u see, with Jinn NXT might actually have brighter future than any other cryptocurrency today.

K

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
From Above (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:03:49 PM

K

what do u mean ?

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:11:02 PM

Any crytpo could use Qubic when it is released. Only a few dozen have heard of it and only and handful of them know what it is in a meaningful way (I don't include myself in that handful)  Cheesy They joined Come-from-Beyond Qubic forum before it was taken down.
From Above (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:39:24 PM

Any crytpo could use Qubic when it is released. Only a few dozen have heard of it and only and handful of them know what it is in a meaningful way (I don't include myself in that handful)  Cheesy They joined Come-from-Beyond Qubic forum before it was taken down.

but that would mean nXt would just die ? Sad

Daedelus

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:01:37 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 02:41:01 PM by Daedelus

Come-from-Beyond believes all blockchain based cryptos are doomed to fail as they aren't scalable.

Nxt was mentioned in the question you didn't quote, that is why it features in his answer.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:31:02 PM

Link to the article please?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Daedelus

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:41:38 PM

No article. Just discussion.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg10950739#msg10950739

ok so important question now if you don't mind
so how do you see the future of NXT ? I mean it's around a long long time, was probably the first 2.0 crypto innovator, but not many people seem to give a damn about Nxt in a positive sense whereas Nem is getting all the attention now (at least temporarily). Does that upset you or could you care less?

(Bold and font size as in original text)

And for completeness...

NEM can be transferred too. Qubic is not a cryptocurrency, it's just a technology suite like TCP/IP.
From Above (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:49:25 AM

anyone have more info on that cubic thang ?

I tried going to official site jinnlabs.com but "The requested URL /jinn-is-coming-soon-1/ was not found on this server." is all I get. Not very convincing yet  Cool but im sure this is gonna be a nifty thing if its the cfb thats making it.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:04:21 AM

I tried going to official site jinnlabs.com but "The requested URL /jinn-is-coming-soon-1/ was not found on this server." is all I get. Not very convincing yet  Cool but im sure this is gonna be a nifty thing if its the cfb thats making it.

Qubic isn't a currency.  It is a protocol.  Any currency could use Qubic as a protocol.

BTC and NXT are both value tokens and both could be transferred on to the Qubic protocol.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
From Above (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:12:17 AM

Qubic isn't a currency.  It is a protocol.  Any currency could use Qubic as a protocol.

BTC and NXT are both value tokens and both could be transferred on to the Qubic protocol.

ok BUT
what if nobody wants qubic protocol? what if nxt, nem, btc and all others dont wanna transfer to them protocol?
what can qubic do on its own if nobody care about it
will it be important to any1 in the world ?

thx for ur answers

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:18:01 AM

I tried going to official site jinnlabs.com but "The requested URL /jinn-is-coming-soon-1/ was not found on this server." is all I get. Not very convincing yet  Cool but im sure this is gonna be a nifty thing if its the cfb thats making it.

Qubic isn't a currency.  It is a protocol.  Any currency could use Qubic as a protocol.

ok BUT
what if nobody wants qubic protocol? what if nxt, nem, btc and all others dont wanna transfer to them protocol?
what can qubic do on its own if nobody care about it
will it be important to any1 in the world ?

thx for ur answers

Anyone could issue NXT tokens on the Qubic protocol.  Then all NXT holders would have their original NXT coins on the NXT platform and their new NXT coins on the Qubic platform.  No one would be forced to use either one, but instead, the market would decided.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
From Above (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:21:40 AM

Anyone could issue NXT tokens on the Qubic protocol.  Then all NXT holders would have their original NXT coins on the NXT platform and their new NXT coins on the Qubic platform.  No one would be forced to use either one, but instead, the market would decided.

sounds good BUT
i mean what if nobody wants to use qubic  = kinda like nxt now
i mean like only 200 guys care about it bust rest of world thinks its a scam or something (even if thats not true) so that almost nobody uses it
then all that work would only be good for future if its open source and others use it for their own stuffs
do u know what i mean ?

Daedelus

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:32:05 AM

Lol, I wondered when you'd turn it back on TS  Cheesy
From Above (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:35:54 AM

Lol, I wondered when you'd turn it back on TS  Cheesy

hi daedelus
is that attempt to answer above questions? if true then i dont get it. sorry

de toekomst is een boek met zeven sloten eh
maar nxt toekomst.. weet echt niet hoe dat kan LoL

Daedelus

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:54:20 AM

hi daedelus
is that attempt to answer above questions?

No  Cheesy
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:04:42 AM

hi daedelus

Tja, achterdochtig NL'er.
Er zijn 'tuurljk geen zekerheden in dit wereld......

But: if no-one uses Qubic, or Nxt, or BTC then it's just:  tough titties, kids. We wasted our time.....
However, given the facts that Nxt has a shitload of outside projects running on it, a massive (and very competent) dev team, a great community and a good handful of clones/copies, Nxt is here to stay, and will only grow in the future.

But what will it grow into? Thats the interesting question.......

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:07:52 PM

How does that work?  Will your BTC/NXT be stored somewhere so you can be issued BTC/NXT tokens in Qubic? 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:13:59 PM

How does that work?  Will your BTC/NXT be stored somewhere so you can be issued BTC/NXT tokens in Qubic? 

You could either "drop" them to existing BTC/NXT holders and then they'd have both or you could burn them.

Lol, I wondered when you'd turn it back on TS  Cheesy

hi daedelus

Tja, achterdochtig NL'er.
Er zijn 'tuurljk geen zekerheden in dit wereld......

But: if no-one uses Qubic, or Nxt, or BTC then it's just:  tough titties, kids. We wasted our time.....
However, given the facts that Nxt has a shitload of outside projects running on it, a massive (and very competent) dev team, a great community and a good handful of clones/copies, Nxt is here to stay, and will only grow in the future.

But what will it grow into? Thats the interesting question.......

I too have a hard time seeing everyone abandoning NXT.  I just don't believe that is going to happen.  Imo, there is too much momentum behind it already.

Regarding the scalability issue of the NXT PoS chain, I don't see an issue if blockchain shrinking is enabled as planned.  If I'm missing something, maybe CfB can fill me in.  NXT may evolve, but it won't go away.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:59:38 PM

I too have a hard time seeing everyone abandoning NXT.  I just don't believe that is going to happen.  Imo, there is too much momentum behind it already.

Regarding the scalability issue of the NXT PoS chain, I don't see an issue if blockchain shrinking is enabled as planned.  If I'm missing something, maybe CfB can fill me in.  NXT may evolve, but it won't go away.

People have a hard time seeing the Big Picture of NXT.

NXT is much further advanced than MAID in terms of being the "next, decentralized internet".

Since 2013, NXT was always rolled out as quick n ' dirty Java platform then quickly debugged...
Features are rapidly pushed out and soon work flawlessly.. like magic (no, great design)...
For example, I've done > 200 trades on the Nxt Exchange with zero issues... it's rock solid.

Let's see what NXT and SuperNET have in the pipeline:

plug-ins, multiple anon coins, VPN coin, NXT mobile to build "last mile" mesh networks to cut out ISPs...
All the talented Devs from VRC, FIBRE, OPAL, VPN, BBR, etc... are on board...
Roll some quick n' dirty p2p storage and you are 100% decentralized... even your web site is hosted on NXT.

NXT needs to be rebranded the "Next Internet" oe "Next Web"...
And it can totally steal MAID's thunder... and take over the Deep Web.

Instead these guys are selling t-shirts... and floating Soviet era ternary computing technology (JINN)  Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ternary_computer
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: