Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:39:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What altcoins are good for bitcoin adoption?  (Read 1550 times)
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:27:54 PM

Dogecoin for sure.
Many people that missed bitcoin were successful with Doge. It also have good support, I think in some areas doge used to be better supported than btc itself.
Litecoin too, it supposed to be silver to bitcoin's gold.
Huntercoin/ Motocoin - games with built-in games that you play to mine coins - verrry clever.
Wankcoin - one of few altcoins with real use, accepted as payment on a network of sites very soon after release + some other coins with guaranteed acceptance on creator's site.

Bitcoin Buyer Reload

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:07:20 PM

Dogecoin for sure.
Many people that missed bitcoin were successful with Doge. It also have good support, I think in some areas doge used to be better supported than btc itself.
Litecoin too, it supposed to be silver to bitcoin's gold.
Huntercoin/ Motocoin - games with built-in games that you play to mine coins - verrry clever.
Wankcoin - one of few altcoins with real use, accepted as payment on a network of sites very soon after release + some other coins with guaranteed acceptance on creator's site.

i agree with you, but the price of it is pretty much un competable to bitcoins
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:14:24 PM

Check the coin in my sig.

AI is trending and Sapience AIFX is the first to implement it via the Bitcoin codebase.

The coin is SERIOUSLY undervalued at $60K marketcap at time of writing.

It also has a fully functional decentralised database running on testnet.

Look for coins with purpose.

Good luck and be careful it you are thinking of investing in alts, do PLENTY of research and don't invest what you can't afford to lose.
Bitcoin Buyer Reload

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:17:25 PM

Check the coin in my sig.

AI is trending and Sapience AIFX is the first to implement it via the Bitcoin codebase.

The coin is SERIOUSLY undervalued at $60K marketcap at time of writing.

It also has a fully functional decentralised database running on testnet.

Look for coins with purpose.

Good luck and be careful it you are thinking of investing in alts, do PLENTY of research and don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

exactly what i am trying to do, not to invest in things that would make me die of hunger later... for the time being to be honest, i am only learning. thanks buddy
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:59:41 AM

I think Dogecoin helps it, its a friendly way to get people into crypto, the community is nice, the coin is fun.

I don't know why people think its Dogecoin vs Bitcoin.

I agree.  They have an awesome community.  And Dogecoin has done a lot more helping others, more than any other altcoin... maybe even bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:06:37 AM

I think Dogecoin helps it, its a friendly way to get people into crypto, the community is nice, the coin is fun.

I don't know why people think its Dogecoin vs Bitcoin.

bitcoin has much big community and adoption than compare with doge, so in my opinion bitcoin do not need any alt coin for its adoption.

True. Tbh, there isn't much of a competition between Dogecoin and bitcoin. Dogecoin is meant to be a not-so serious coin after all, whereas, bitcoin is designed to be the currency of the future because of its innovative technology. Imo, bitcoin can still see worldwide adoption even without the help of other altcoins. It's just a matter of good pr and any other good stuffs relating to/related to bitcoin.

True.  But I think the bitcoin community and even the Bitcoin Foundation should start embracing some of the legit altcoins (ltc and doge come in mind), to build a ecosystem between these coins.  That's where we're headed anyway.  Why not make it official?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:36:10 AM

Dogecoin for sure.

I don't know why so many people are supporting Doge here. Doge is just another shitcoin, which had a pump and dump. It tried to steal users away from BTC and failed in that.

And moreover, a lot of people have become bankrupt as a result of Doge. In January 2014, it was going at BTC0.000002-000003. Now its price has been reduced by some 5-6 times.
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 11:34:43 AM

Dogecoin for sure.

I don't know why so many people are supporting Doge here. Doge is just another shitcoin, which had a pump and dump. It tried to steal users away from BTC and failed in that.

And moreover, a lot of people have become bankrupt as a result of Doge. In January 2014, it was going at BTC0.000002-000003. Now its price has been reduced by some 5-6 times.

This, Doge tricked others by expressing itself as a cute harmless dog, while it was just a shitty alt and even at some point trying to compete with bitcoin, but because its a dog some retarded bitcoiners were tricked into believe its harmless awww. Now imagine if doge had a different brand, those same bitcoiners would talk smack. Smart move by doge but fortunately people realised that its just shitcoin with no innovation and a retarded overpriced dog meme.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:31:08 PM

While I can't deny that some (not all) altcoins are actually good in terms of promoting bitcoin, this only represents a small portion of everything. Most of the altcoins I ever come across, would say cause more harm than good to destroy bitcoin reputation. Newbies in the crypto scene especially is basically clueless on what is happening and for them, altcoin = cryptocurrency = bitcoin and when it turns out to be a scam, that is where bitcoin reputation suffers.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:37:39 PM

Dogecoin for sure.

is thanks to doge if the users base grew in the crypto scene, this is the only good aurgument in favor of it, besides this yes it's just another shitclone, but at least less shit than the rest of the altcoins
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:50:32 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 02:44:35 AM by tokeweed

Dogecoin for sure.

I think you miss the point.  Cryptocurrencies are here to empower us first and foremost.  It is revolutionary.  Profit and everything is come secondary.  So if people are bankrupt because they invested in a crypto or in real estate or in a stock, then that's their own fault.  But calling Doge a shitcoin pump and dump is kinda harsh in this case.

Instead, take a look at what it has achieved...  http://dogecointimeline.com

Not bad for a "shitcoin pump and dump".  And I am pretty sure Satoshi himself would agree.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:01:41 PM

I've never understood the hate (fear?) many bitcoiners express towards altcoins. Sure, there are plenty of scams to beware of. But by that logic all the anti-bitcoin people in general society are right in dismissing bitcoin as "a Ponzi scheme" and similar nonsense because of scams involving bitcoin.

Altcoins bring some important benefits:
1. A testbed for ideas and technologies without risking the flagship (bitcoin) in an experiment gone bad.
2. Catching the attention of people in particular markets or with particular interests that might not otherwise pay attention to bitcoin. This can lead them later to buy into bitcoin, because they first learned about the other cryptocurrency. (For example, there are probably some people in Iceland who have bitcoins today because of the frenzied speculation and airdrop of auroracoin.)
3. Diversity of characteristics. Money is used for different purposes, and over the long run there will not be a single one-size-fits-all currency. Some cryptocurrencies will be optimized for the fastest transaction times, others for the highest security, others for the utility of their blockchains in other purposes, and so on. Imagining a single world currency (except under totalitarian dictatorship) makes no more sense than imagining a world where everyone is happy with just one type of vehicle, no options allowed.
4. Competition. Competition is a good thing, preventing complacency and driving improvement.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 01:19:46 PM

I've never understood the hate (fear?) many bitcoiners express towards altcoins. Sure, there are plenty of scams to beware of. But by that logic all the anti-bitcoin people in general society are right in dismissing bitcoin as "a Ponzi scheme" and similar nonsense because of scams involving bitcoin.

1. A testbed for ideas and technologies without risking the flagship (bitcoin) in an experiment gone bad.
2. Catching the attention of people in particular markets or with particular interests that might not otherwise pay attention to bitcoin. This can lead them later to buy into bitcoin, because they first learned about the other cryptocurrency. (For example, there are probably some people in Iceland who have bitcoins today because of the frenzied speculation and airdrop of auroracoin.)
3. Diversity of characteristics. Money is used for different purposes, and over the long run there will not be a single one-size-fits-all currency. Some cryptocurrencies will be optimized for the fastest transaction times, others for the highest security, others for the utility of their blockchains in other purposes, and so on. Imagining a single world currency (except under totalitarian dictatorship) makes no more sense than imagining a world where everyone is happy with just one type of vehicle, no options allowed.
4. Competition. Competition is a good thing, preventing complacency and driving improvement.

Very well said indeed! I agree with every point. I think what we will end up with in a year or two is a handful of cryptos and people will use the one that fits the situation or that is used by the community they belong to, and Bitcoin will always be the leader.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
Bitcoin Buyer Reload

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:17:17 PM

i do agree at a certain extent that alt coins are good too.. but honestly i prefer to stick to bitcoins, unless miraculously alt coins are able to generate a 1:1 or 1:0.5 of bitcoins
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:20:50 PM

Only Dogecoin seems to have benefitted the bitcoin adoption. I have seen several people who got into bitcoin after getting into dogecoin first.

Dogecoin was initially much easier to obtain, and people used to make it popular by sponsoring race drivers etc. And once someone knew about doge, next step was bitcoin .
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:27:55 PM

I never understood this either dude, but those who hate on alts are i think bitcoin holders and don't want the attention going to another project but rather want the money stay in bitcoin. Basically they are protecting their asset, even if an alt project is super legit they still show hate, it's disgusting. Or else why would anyone try to fud a legit alt coin project, it being an ico is the lamest excuse ever.
Bitcoin Buyer Reload

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:33:45 PM

cyber coin has started pretty good i think
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:34:34 PM

Litecoin and whatever other alt that has enough trade volume to serve as an adjunct 2nd layer of obfuscation to Bitcoin.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: