Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will You Support the Original Ideology of CryptoCurrency?
YES!  The Blockchain Is For The PEOPLE! - 18 (62.1%)
No, the blockchain belongs to corporations. - 11 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JOIN OR DIE! United We Stand... Divided We Fall!  (Read 2567 times)
DecentralizeEconomics (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:48:30 AM

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:59:19 AM

Can mods please delete this useless thread?
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:11:17 AM

Can mods please delete this useless thread?

"Useless"?

We have all these Corporatizers running around here trying to destroy the original intent of crypto and you call my thread "useless"?

Unless the free cryptos unite, we are facing the removal of the people as the beneficiary of the cryptocurrency movement.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:18:58 AM

Yeah, let's not delete this thread so we can laugh at the hypocrisy of it. Let's unite (centralize) against centralization!
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:20:30 AM

Yeah, let's not delete this thread so we can laugh at the hypocrisy of it. Let's unite (centralize) against centralization!

I don't think a coalition of decentralized cryptos is "centralized".

noelmal

Activity: 265

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:42:21 AM

I don't think

Just that pretty much covers it.

Looking at your history of anti-communist posts yet you want people to join your group or die and you're down with corporations, want the people to rise up  Huh

So you want to form a one party group, destroy all opposition, get rid of corporations, down with capitalism, let a peoples party run it all.  Grin

Sounds like  Shocked
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:47:19 AM

I don't think

Looking at your history of anti-communist post yet you want people to join your group or die and you're down with corporations, want the people to rise up  Huh

So you want to form a one party group, destroy all opposition, get rid of corporations, down with capitalism, let a peoples party run it all.  Grin

Sounds like  Shocked

"Join, or Die" means, if the free cryptos don't unite against the corporatizers / centralizers, we will be overrun.

I have no problem with free enterprise, but corporations should not control the blockchain.

There is no difference between Communism and Corporatism.

noelmal

Activity: 265

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:50:44 AM

I don't think

Looking at your history of anti-communist post yet you want people to join your group or die and you're down with corporations, want the people to rise up  Huh

So you want to form a one party group, destroy all opposition, get rid of corporations, down with capitalism, let a peoples party run it all.  Grin

Sounds like  Shocked

"Join, or Die" means, if the free cryptos don't unite against the corporatizers / centralizers, we will be overrun.

I have no problem with free enterprise, but corporations should not control the blockchain.

You have no problem with free enterprise as long as its controlled  Roll Eyes

You my friend sound like a rebel without a cause clue.
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:57:02 AM

I don't think

Looking at your history of anti-communist post yet you want people to join your group or die and you're down with corporations, want the people to rise up  Huh

So you want to form a one party group, destroy all opposition, get rid of corporations, down with capitalism, let a peoples party run it all.  Grin

Sounds like  Shocked

You my friend sound like a rebel without a cause clue.

Then you tell me the difference between Communism, which is the state controlling the monopoly, and Corporatism, which is the monopoly controlling the state.

Kartojal

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:15:08 AM

Smart contracts and atomic transactions will save us  Wink

GTO911

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:19:09 AM

You are right we should delete all Monero XMR threads on this forum these would be +1000

How on earth did Monero come in between?

Why are you guys so obsessed (SCARED) of Monero?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:36:17 AM

if GTO911 wants this thread deleted i'm pretty sure its a good thread to keep alive.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 12:21:53 PM

I'm gonna introduce a variant of Godwins Law:
Sooner or later, all BTT discussions will end up as a Monero thread. (or maybe NXT)  Wink

Monero is not the issue here.....the question is: do you want to put your time and investment capital into a crypto system that is structured as a corporation, or do you want to invest in a crypto that has no centralised control systems ?

A corporation is created to benefit/enrich the people who control/own that corporation, whereas a genuinely de-centralised crypto-currency has no such bias built into it. Bitcoin (or NXT, Litecoin, Doge, NEM..etc) is not structured to explicitly benefit any particular group....all users are equal (at least in theory).

Corporatism is often presented as a guarantee that everything will be professional and above board, as compared to a bunch of volunteer devs  working in basements on decentralised projects.....but take a quick look at how Paycoin launched as compared to NEM.  Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
GTO911

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:29:23 PM

Because you are one of these bitcoin puppets who only shills for their product and fights other altcoins.

Be smarter before trolling, i was involved with a lot of other coins too
StanLarimer

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:32:44 PM

Actually, companies are generally formed as a way to pool resources so that they can accomplish something bigger than the individual members could do otherwise.  Some bring ideas.  Some bring talent.  And some bring cash.  All are necessary to the success of the company and owning shares is a way to keep track of relative contributions and to proportionally distribute the rewards of success.

Yes, you can build a big company and it can become evil like any human-run institution of any type.  
But the core idea of a company as a way to organize pooled resources is neither good nor evil.

Placing overly-generalized labels on things limits you to the minor leagues in the arena of ideas.

Smiley

autodiv

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:40:46 PM

Right on bro! Fight the power and support decentralization!

GTO911

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:40:02 PM

You mean pump and shilling other coins ? Wow very surprised to hear that.  Grin

Nice name you have, looks like you were the greatest shill for a crapcoin. Or are you a scammy dev?
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 06:11:11 PM

Why is the snake in pieces if it's supposed to be a united effort?

Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:15:38 PM

Why is the snake in pieces if it's supposed to be a united effort?

Because, if the snake doesn't unite against the threat it faces, it will die.

Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:17:40 PM

Actually, companies are generally formed as a way to pool resources so that they can accomplish something bigger than the individual members could do otherwise.  Some bring ideas.  Some bring talent.  And some bring cash.  All are necessary to the success of the company and owning shares is a way to keep track of relative contributions and to proportionally distribute the rewards of success.

Yes, you can build a big company and it can become evil like any human-run institution of any type.  
But the core idea of a company as a way to organize pooled resources is neither good nor evil.

Placing overly-generalized labels on things limits you to the minor leagues in the arena of ideas.

Smiley

Stan, I don't have a problem with corporations.  I have a problem with corporations which attempt to control entire economic systems to monopolistic ends.  Monopoly is the menace of free enterprise.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: