Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 12:16:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving Litecoin based alts back to Bitcoin code base.  (Read 468 times)
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 01:29:11 PM

As you may know Bitmark uses the Bitcoin codebase adapted for Scrypt, we also have a forkable project Pfennig which can be used for new projects.

Recently I swapped GameCredits GMC from an old Litecoin code base (modified 0.8.x) to the Bitcoin 0.9.4 codebase, successfully.

This gives an opportunity for other coins with older codebases and problems, to be moved to a shared codebase using Pfennig, which is maintained and up to date.  In this manner many different coins could all be updated with Bitcoin Core upgrades over time, lowering overhead to maintain, increasing reliability, and making alt coin advancements easier to port back to Bitcoin in the future should they be adopted.

Currently Scrypt with traditional diff, or KGW are supported by pfennig.  More adaptations could be added in different branches.

Any scrypt coin could be moved over to it, including litecoin itself.

If you know of any candidate coins or communities which may benefit from this, or have any questions, please let me know.  I have limited availability currently to do the codebase swaps myself, but may have ability in the future if anybody would like to employ me to do this for them.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:37:29 PM

Yes, good. Out with the old and in with new! Smiley

People who care about keeping their currency stable and up to date should really look in to upgrading.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: