Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:00:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-04-03] The 5,000Btc hidden treasure, and the key to finding it.  (Read 14198 times)
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:48:18 PM

maybe its real. but honestly. LOL
his profile and trustscore says it all.

Looking at the people who sent those "trustscores", and looking through their own feedbacks and amount of blather they constantly post on everyones trust rating i think about 90% of anything negative on his trust rating can be taken with a grain of salt. Looking closley at it some of those people were rescently removed from the trust list for abusing the system including the guy who it looks starting the whole accusation.

Anyways, if it is a hoax, it took a whole lot of work to put it together. especially forging a comment on the forum 4 months ago about keeping the secret. If there is any truth to the matter, i am sure someone on this forum must have known something about this long before it went public. Maybe Blazedout419 or TECSHARE or one of his previous clients might have known something.

I'm curious as to if any of the guys who own these coins would be willing to sell them.

I guess if you get all of the coins for cheap enough then it might be worth the gamble to see if this is legit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stuff4Bitcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:18:57 AM

Just messaged all the owners to see if they would sell them. Anybody got any idea as to who got or is getting coin #10?
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:59:33 AM

fantasy snipped

interesting choice of gif. idiot freed by fiat court.
bitcoin court otoh will not let scammers like you go free

ukcrypto

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:01:54 AM

This is true, woodcollector and I spoke on skype many times, he is a very famous artist living in New York. His previous work has sold for millions if dollars. This is legit, am also the owner of 2 of his pieces, the people who hounded him off the forums will be surprised when his identity is revealed.
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:01:10 AM

This is true, woodcollector and I spoke on skype many times, he is a very famous artist living in New York. His previous work has sold for millions if dollars. This is legit, am also the owner of 2 of his pieces, the people who hounded him off the forums will be surprised when his identity is revealed.

yeah right Roll Eyes  a famous artist who appears to use lazers to sell carvings that are sold as hand carved

if that's true, well he won't be a coming out to say who he is will he Grin
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 02:14:46 PM

You have my attention  Cheesy. Let's see how this goes and if everyone wants to meet up or just sell to someone else. I maybe in Frankfurt around the 1st of July. What about others?
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:40:00 PM

If all the owners of the pieces could provide pictures, that would be great. Joining everyone would be expensive, and buying all the coins would be immensely expensive. Both infeasible as far as I can see... If this does exist, I don't see how it can't be discovered putting pictures of all coins, from all angles, side by side.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 06:15:19 PM

If all the owners of the pieces could provide pictures, that would be great. Joining everyone would be expensive, and buying all the coins would be immensely expensive. Both infeasible as far as I can see... If this does exist, I don't see how it can't be discovered putting pictures of all coins, from all angles, side by side.
This is bullshit, not even worth wasting time. The guy is a fraud and he even came with his puppet ukcrypto to say he's a rich and famous artist.
His previous work has sold for millions... but he can't afford to buy a good lathe. He most likely doesn't even own a laser cutter, just sends the designs to someone who does.

He has shown me evidence he is who he says he is. Am I a sock puppet too?
BTW: laser engravers and CNC mills don't leave the wood grain behind when they are used to carve designs: http://imgur.com/9C8j2ob,FFRWjzP,toHOwhj
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 07:10:06 PM

Amazing craftsmanship
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:12:07 PM

If you take 'woodcollector', take away some letters, add some new ones, do it a few more times, you end up with 'David Hockney'.

Just sayin'.
foxtrot_the_fud

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:29:10 PM

I'm confused, it looks to me that coins 1-9 were sold to 3 or 4 people. And #10 was given away to someone. So the reward will be taken by those 3-5 people who purchased the coins. Don't really seem random but more staged to those few people. . . Any of these coins for sale?
needFREElunch

Hi

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:36:31 PM

I'm confused, it looks to me that coins 1-9 were sold to 3 or 4 people. And #10 was given away to someone. So the reward will be taken by those 3-5 people who purchased the coins. Don't really seem random but more staged to those few people. . . Any of these coins for sale?

It is like a reward for purchusing his product it doesn't have to be random. If it is real they will probably look to the community to help solve the mystery.

foxtrot_the_fud

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:55:01 PM

It is like a reward for purchusing his product it doesn't have to be random. If it is real they will probably look to the community to help solve the mystery.

Would be cool to own one now! Wouldn't mind purchasing one. Will use my hero member account if interested in selling. Wouldn't mind looking at them all too, front and back.
needFREElunch

Hi

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:02:49 PM

Would be cool to own one now! Wouldn't mind purchasing one. Will use my hero member account if interested in selling. Wouldn't mind looking at them all too, front and back.

I bet now that this is out the price of them will have gone way up due the chance of getting 5000 BTC.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:52:55 PM

this really is just a cotillion between the 10 owners of the 10 wooden bitcoins though, isn't it?
I mean; if you own a wooden btc, collect the other 9 owners, put the puzzle together, split the 5000btc 10 ways= 500btc each!
or, of course... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treasure_of_the_Sierra_Madre
a great book if you haven't read it btw, infinitely better than the movie!

but if movies are your thing...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2UEg8dl6ZI
the only copy i could find is dubbed in russian, but its a pretty funny oldie about a treasure hunt and the greed that destroys its participants
lol

anyway, I cant see any of the 10 owners sharing any of their info with anyone except the 10

great idea anyway, i just hope the ten are careful, lotta scammers and crooks in btc-land. 5000btc could attract some seriously crooked crooks KWIM?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:01:02 PM

maybe its real. but honestly. LOL
his profile and trustscore says it all.

I enjoyed reading the OP, but the trust scores (and related comments) are telling us this is probably 100% BS.
Too bad.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:15:15 PM

This is bullshit, not even worth wasting time. The guy is a fraud and he even came with his puppet ukcrypto to say he's a rich and famous artist.
His previous work has sold for millions... but he can't afford to buy a good lathe. He most likely doesn't even own a laser cutter, just sends the designs to someone who does.

I don't care if he's a famous artist, his trust core, or if he owns or not a laser cutter, CNC or shill accounts, as I don't want to get into that. What's up here is the possibility of finding a 5000 BTC reward. And yes, I do too think this is just a pile of crap. No proof of funds, saying he will disappear... All very odd. But taking a few pictures and joining them together on the Internet isn't all that hard for the possibility of a big prize.

Just my humble 2 satoshis.

He has shown me evidence he is who he says he is. Am I a sock puppet too?
BTW: laser engravers and CNC mills don't leave the wood grain behind when they are used to carve designs: http://imgur.com/9C8j2ob,FFRWjzP,toHOwhj

Now that's something I find strange, he posted videos, but if he has further proof, why not post it?
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:24:18 PM

great idea anyway, i just hope the ten are careful, lotta scammers and crooks in btc-land. 5000btc could attract some seriously crooked crooks KWIM?
Quote from: buyerX
Hey guys!  Sorry, buyerY and buyerZ couldn't make it.  There was... an incident.  Such a shame.  But hey, I have their coins so we can still put all 10 together, find the stash, and split it per coin, yeah?
Or, for that matter, TH, who apparently would have some information possibly worth obtaining.

I agree that there's few ways that the 10 coins would have to come together, physically, in order for something to be divined from it that one couldn't via photography or - and only mentioning it because OP mentioned it - getting x-ray scans to check for something inside.  Eventually the buyers (or holders) of the coins have to get them physically together and do something with it that they should be able to check for.
Certainly multi-sig with data from all 10 coins CoA's or private keys could work - but that wouldn't necessarily require the physical coins, the hindrance would be in reluctance of the holders to reveal that information when not in physical proximity of those they'd be trusting information with.
It also seems like an iffy setup.  All people would have to agree to meet somewhere, and keep their coins safe, as according to the description you need all 10.  If a single one would be lost (stolen, fire, whatever), the whole thing falls apart?

Anyway, for those sleuthing, I'd start with the claim of 1,000 bronze bitcoin tokens with individual private keys to addresses with a BTC5 balance.  If this was carefully thought out, it should be nigh-on impossible to find those.  They might not even be funded at this time (presuming OP sticks around in the background and waits for an actual search / claim of finding the stash - though that could risk the stash remaining unfunded in case of.... an incident). But if by any chance there were a bunch of BTC5 transactions grouped together somewhere between approximately November 5th, 2014 and April 3rd, 2015, that could at least give a low level of legitimacy to that particular claim.  All other avenues at this point seem to involve badgering the buyers/holders, TH, OP or semi-randomly stumbling into the container.

deliveryman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:35:19 PM

I am owner of coin: resolute
It has some stuff written on the back but i wont make a picture. No reason to show my coin to strangers. I'll wait for the rest to put there photos online though :p
ipbo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:40:59 PM

I just wasted my time reading this, i think another BS post again
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: