Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:31:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What POS % Per Annum Should We Use After Hard Fork?
100% - 4 (33.3%)
125% - 8 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buttman's Analcoin | SHA256 | 150K POW | 125% Annual POS | Launched  (Read 19119 times)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:16:55 PM

Hey peoples. Just in case you haven't caught on yet, I will be helping VanityWallets2015 with the technical aspects of the fork to ensure everything goes smooth. A couple suggestions:

I recommend raising the targeted block spacing from the current 40 seconds, to something like 120 seconds. This is a very small price to pay for significantly less inflation and in my opinion is definitely worth considering. It will also add a larger queue of blocks that are ready to stake, which will increase the PoS difficulty (safer network) and also ensure that the chain always has coins ready to move transactions along.

I also recommend reigning in the time drift to 2-3 minutes. This is a technical matter and if you would like to view the reasoning see this interview I had with bitcoinist.net

And I also wanted to let you know that I am willing to accept ANAL as well as BTC. ANAL I would price the value at the 7,000 sats. I started an address here AeaMQ4EuaEpgG1UpqUEeLsiGgawuANuuBW for the fork donations. I am excited to be working with you all, and have purchase a few coins off of the exchange to get ready to stake  Cool

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:37:54 PM

And I also wanted to let you know that I am willing to accept ANAL

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:40:26 PM

And I also wanted to let you know that I am willing to accept ANAL

A whole new side of presstab emerges...
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:23:23 PM

Hey peoples. Just in case you haven't caught on yet, I will be helping VanityWallets2015 with the technical aspects of the fork to ensure everything goes smooth. A couple suggestions:

I recommend raising the targeted block spacing from the current 40 seconds, to something like 120 seconds. This is a very small price to pay for significantly less inflation and in my opinion is definitely worth considering. It will also add a larger queue of blocks that are ready to stake, which will increase the PoS difficulty (safer network) and also ensure that the chain always has coins ready to move transactions along.

I also recommend reigning in the time drift to 2-3 minutes. This is a technical matter and if you would like to view the reasoning see this interview I had with bitcoinist.net

And I also wanted to let you know that I am willing to accept ANAL as well as BTC. ANAL I would price the value at the 7,000 sats. I started an address here AeaMQ4EuaEpgG1UpqUEeLsiGgawuANuuBW for the fork donations. I am excited to be working with you all, and have purchase a few coins off of the exchange to get ready to stake  Cool

I would support measures to make the chain more robust. Block time of 120s however is long for retail especially if you add the confirmations. Inflation is something that can be sorted out with a future monetary policy review.

In order to compare the options, one has to calculate the interest compounding by stake. For a 40s block time there will be 788,400 blocks in one year on average and for 120s block time there will be 262,800 blocks in a year on average. This works out to 492,818 coins after one year 40s stakely compounded and 492,815 coins 120s stakely compounded (3 coins difference). Compare this to the graphs above where the total worked out to 490,089 coins daily compounded after one year (±2,000 coins difference). Unless my calculations are way off and made a mistake and someone can post a better estimate, the block time seems to have immaterial impact on inflation. Unless a longer block time has a material improvement on the robustness of the chain, I would recommend keeping it at 40s or perhaps even make it 30s.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:40:10 PM

And I also wanted to let you know that I am willing to accept ANAL as well as BTC. ANAL I would price the value at the 7,000 sats. I started an address here AeaMQ4EuaEpgG1UpqUEeLsiGgawuANuuBW for the fork donations. I am excited to be working with you all, and have purchase a few coins off of the exchange to get ready to stake  Cool

I would support measures to make the chain more robust. Block time of 120s however is long for retail especially if you add the confirmations. Inflation is something that can be sorted out with a future monetary policy review.

In order to compare the options, one has to calculate the interest compounding by stake. For a 40s block time there will be 788,400 blocks in one year on average and for 120s block time there will be 262,800 blocks in a year on average. This works out to 492,818 coins after one year 40s stakely compounded and 492,815 coins 120s stakely compounded (3 coins difference). Compare this to the graphs above where the total worked out to 490,089 coins daily compounded after one year (±2,000 coins difference). Unless my calculations are way off and made a mistake and someone can post a better estimate, the block time seems to have immaterial impact on inflation. Unless a longer block time has a material improvement on the robustness of the chain, I would recommend keeping it at 40s or perhaps even make it 30s.

I am pretty sure your calculations are off, because you cannot really measure the difference in compounding. Because a longer block time means a longer period it will take to compound because you are less likely to stake right away.

A small block time, although sounds great, is a great way to bloat your block chain really quick, which leaves users one or two years from now having a very difficult time syncing.

I am not the one to make the decision for you all though. Just a simple recommendation from what I have seen out there in the PoS world Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Peter80

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:52:53 PM

ok, 0.1 btc on the way 1f179d69fe8b02e0b331b97662b1ee2ec88cae312f7837f57811c6fd65c6b990

VanityWallets2015 (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:04:14 PM

ok, 0.1 btc on the way 1f179d69fe8b02e0b331b97662b1ee2ec88cae312f7837f57811c6fd65c6b990

Thanks Pierre!! Received with thanks.

That's 0.35 BTC now towards the Hard Anal Fork. Analicious!! Now just 0.15 BTC to go Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
VanityWallets2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:35:24 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2016, 06:34:10 PM by VanityWallets2015

This post was inappropriate and posted during a time of personal and mental health issues, sorry.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:39:29 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 09:20:23 PM by jc12345

I am pretty sure your calculations are off, because you cannot really measure the difference in compounding. Because a longer block time means a longer period it will take to compound because you are less likely to stake right away.

A small block time, although sounds great, is a great way to bloat your block chain really quick, which leaves users one or two years from now having a very difficult time syncing.

I am not the one to make the decision for you all though. Just a simple recommendation from what I have seen out there in the PoS world Smiley

Excellent interview and explanation of time drift. Agree with your suggested specs for time drift.

Regarding block time. The compounding period is subject to the law of diminishing returns and the total % of POS interest is fixed to 125% nominal interest if I understand POS design correctly. At some point the number of compounding periods have a very small impact on the total. Initially the impact is greater but later on it does not matter if you use 100,000 or 1,000,000 compounding periods. See graphs below that is based on the total population of coins that therefore own all stakes and a starting number of coins of 141,195. However, I understand the impact of number of blocks on the size block chain. BTC is 20+GB over its life, although it must be said it depends on the number of tx in a block. Having said this, in the case of BTC there might be 1,800 tx in one block during 10min, but with a 60s block chain it might have had 180 tx per block so the net increase would be the fixed bits per block excluding tx. If the fixed part is large then yes there would be a much more bloating. I think the answer is in the intended use. Will the coin be used more for just paying on a website or will it be used for day to day retail payment? If the intended use is not block time sensitive, then a longer blocktime can be used. If the use is time sensitive, then a shorter block time must be used.

I would still keep with the 40s and re-evaluate in a year or so if the decision is based on inflation of coin alone. It is a different matter if the decision is made on bloating of the blockchain. Any other views from the community?

Up to 100,000 compounding periods in a year and for that matter up to 788,400+

Up to 365 compounding periods in a year

Up to 12 compounding periods in a year

EDIT:

I just had a look and compared the experimental 10K blockchain size and BTC blockchain sizes at approximately the same height of 360,000 blocks. 10K is around 400MB and BTC 20+GB. This seems to indicate that the tx content of the blocks contribute much more to bloating than the fixed overhead since 10K is pretty empty tx-wise.
VanityWallets2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:48:15 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2016, 06:44:32 PM by VanityWallets2015

This post was inappropriate and posted during a time of personal and mental health issues, sorry.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
VanityWallets2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:51:54 PM

Are you referring to inflation of total coins or inflation on size of blockchain?

The compounding period is subject to the law of diminishing returns and the total % of POS interest is fixed to 125% nominal interest if I understand POS design correctly. At some point the number of compounding periods have a very small impact on the total. Initially the impact is greater but later on it does not matter if you use 100,000 or 1,000,000 compounding periods. See graphs below. However, I understand the impact of number of blocks on the block chain. BTC is 20+GB over its life, although it must be said it depends on the number of tx in a block. Having said this, in the case of BTC there might be 1,800 tx in one block during 10min, but with a 60s block chain it might have had 180 tx per block so the net increase would be the fixed bits per block excluding tx. If the fixed part is large then yes there would be a much more bloating. I think the answer is in the intended use. Will the coin be used more for just paying on a website or will it be used for day to day retail payment? If the intended use is not block time sensitive, then a longer blocktime can be used. If the use is time sensitive, then a shorter block time must be used.

I would still keep with the 40s and re-evaluate in a year or so if the decision is based on inflation of coin alone. It is a different matter if the decision is made on bloating of the blockchain. Any other views from the community?

Shall we go with a 60 second block time? In terms of retail making a payment and then waiting for the product to be served and handed over following confirmation of payment is likely to take between 60 and 90 seconds so that would be a safe block time for a confirm don't you think?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:26:31 PM

Are you referring to inflation of total coins or inflation on size of blockchain?

The compounding period is subject to the law of diminishing returns and the total % of POS interest is fixed to 125% nominal interest if I understand POS design correctly. At some point the number of compounding periods have a very small impact on the total. Initially the impact is greater but later on it does not matter if you use 100,000 or 1,000,000 compounding periods. See graphs below. However, I understand the impact of number of blocks on the block chain. BTC is 20+GB over its life, although it must be said it depends on the number of tx in a block. Having said this, in the case of BTC there might be 1,800 tx in one block during 10min, but with a 60s block chain it might have had 180 tx per block so the net increase would be the fixed bits per block excluding tx. If the fixed part is large then yes there would be a much more bloating. I think the answer is in the intended use. Will the coin be used more for just paying on a website or will it be used for day to day retail payment? If the intended use is not block time sensitive, then a longer blocktime can be used. If the use is time sensitive, then a shorter block time must be used.

Shall we go with a 60 second block time? In terms of retail making a payment and then waiting for the product to be served and handed over following confirmation of payment is likely to take between 60 and 90 seconds so that would be a safe block time for a confirm don't you think?

60s is fine with me.
VanityWallets2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:43:46 PM

60s is fine with me.

You've done alot of investigation into the mathematics of the best possible configuration, also PressTab is very experienced. I am happy with anything you two decide, shall we go with the 60 second block time initially and then see how things go from there, is there a better combination JC12345 and PressTab?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:53:22 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 09:29:26 PM by jc12345

You've done alot of investigation into the mathematics of the best possible configuration, also PressTab is very experienced. I am happy with anything you two decide, shall we go with the 60 second block time initially and then see how things go from there, is there a better combination JC12345 and PressTab?

Happy with 60s for now, as well as the suggested time drift parameters presstab made based on his excellent POS interview. The suggested periodic monetary policy review can look at current conditions (market, use, specs, chain, inflation etc.) and make the necessary adjustments. By the time bloating becomes a problem, someone in alt-cryptoland would have researched a solution to ease the burden on the user eg. online stacking service combined with a lite wallet and online blockchain. BTC on the other hand seems to be doing OK with a 20+GB chain.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:09:02 PM

Happy with 60s for now, as well as the suggested time drift parameters presstab made based on his excellent POS interview. The suggested periodic monetary policy review can look at current conditions (market, use, specs, chain, inflation etc.) and make the necessary adjustments. By the time bloating becomes a problem, someone in alt-cryptoland would have researched a solution to ease the burden on the user eg. online stacking service combined with a lite wallet and online blockchain. BTC on the other hand seems to be doing OK with a 20+GB chain.

60 should be fine. It is pretty standard. That means there will need to be 1440 stakes per day, so hopefully we can get everyone to have their wallets with lots of coin blocks split up and ready to stake (see this guide, and maybe if you all are lucky I will put the block splitter tool into the wallet Wink )

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:59:58 AM

60 should be fine. It is pretty standard. That means there will need to be 1440 stakes per day, so hopefully we can get everyone to have their wallets with lots of coin blocks split up and ready to stake (see this guide, and maybe if you all are lucky I will put the block splitter tool into the wallet Wink )

That is a super cool feature/tool in the wallet in the link and it takes the guess work away. Smiley What would you say would the optimal split size for Anal be, what are the attributes to take into account for calculating optimal split size and does it reset your coin age if you do a split/combine? What are the risks that everyone have to take note of for the fork and beyond?
VanityWallets2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:11:21 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2016, 06:43:43 PM by VanityWallets2015

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
VanityWallets2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:22:24 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2016, 06:43:22 PM by VanityWallets2015

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Peter80

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:39:05 AM

The demand is rising on Yobit. Price up to 0.00018450 with 0.7 Vol. Good price to start buying, think will never be so low in the future Smiley

I'm rdy for staking Smiley 

Thanks to the top community!

Klaasje
Legendary

Activity: 1080

BTC - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:33:13 PM

The demand is rising on Yobit. Price up to 0.00018450 with 0.7 Vol. Good price to start buying, think will never be so low in the future Smiley

I'm rdy for staking Smiley 

Thanks to the top community!

Already on 0.0002 btc per ANAL

Going to see 50k?

Bitcoin - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: