Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:27:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What POS % Per Annum Should We Use After Hard Fork?
100% - 4 (33.3%)
125% - 8 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buttman's Analcoin | SHA256 | 150K POW | 125% Annual POS | Launched  (Read 19119 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:28:02 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 04:47:57 AM by jc12345

The fork code worked as expected in my private test fork. Staking started up right away Wink

One thing that I am thinking could be a serious problem is the 200 confirmation time. This could lead to a frozen chain if we stake all of our blocks and then are left with no blocks with 200 maturity. This is something that I would only realistically be worried about in the first few days after the fork, but I think it would be much more comfortable to bring it down to a range of 30.  The difference between 30 and 200 in terms of security is fairly marginal. I have HYP running at 30 and never had any problems.

Thoughts?

Agreed. 200 is too long. 30 is fine.
gimpanzee

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:27:47 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 08:53:42 AM by gimpanzee

The fork code worked as expected in my private test fork. Staking started up right away Wink

One thing that I am thinking could be a serious problem is the 200 confirmation time. This could lead to a frozen chain if we stake all of our blocks and then are left with no blocks with 200 maturity. This is something that I would only realistically be worried about in the first few days after the fork, but I think it would be much more comfortable to bring it down to a range of 30.  The difference between 30 and 200 in terms of security is fairly marginal. I have HYP running at 30 and never had any problems.

Thoughts?

Agreed. 200 is too long. 30 is fine.

Yep fine by me aswell.

Sent the wallet GFX files to Billotronic, hopefully he will commit something - there are image sets for 5 different wallet designs;

Analcoin Standard
Analcoin XXX
Analcoin NSFW
Analcoin Dark
Buttman's Special Edition

If anyone can do us some Linux wallets that would be awesome! Know anyone?

Next major job :- finding someone to do us an Android / iOS wallet pair - we NEED THESE to go viral. Once we get these into the hands of students and young business people Anal WILL go viral.

One last thing, also need to start thinking about doing some viral videos for You Tube, I can script, act, film here in the UK if anyone else wants to participate, could be a lot of fun!!

Looking forward to a good hard anal fork!!!
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:43:26 AM

Also anyone know how to get Chainz to change the seed node link, presumably just email when hard fork complete.

Yes, just let me know when the new source is available/final and when the updated daemon can be brought online.

Our explorer daemons run on fast servers, allow as many connections as possible, and thus can act as supernode.
You also have a "fresh" list of addnode in the explorer's network tab, based on peers seen during the last 24h.

gimpanzee

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:47:02 AM

Also anyone know how to get Chainz to change the seed node link, presumably just email when hard fork complete.

Yes, just let me know when the new source is available/final and when the updated daemon can be brought online.

Our explorer daemons run on fast servers, allow as many connections as possible, and thus can act as supernode.
You also have a "fresh" list of addnode in the explorer's network tab, based on peers seen during the last 24h.

Fantastic!! Thank you for that contribution, things really starting to advance now Smiley
gimpanzee

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:06:59 AM

EVENT NEWS UPDATE

In honour of the launch date of Analcoin I've decided to make every Friday 13th International Anal Day!

(not sure whether that's a good thing for superstitious people but oh well)

Essentially Friday 13th can occur between one and 3 times per year, 2015 is a bumper year and has 3 Friday 13ths, Next year only has one - unlucky anal lovers!

Here's the International Anal Day calendar to 2020!

Friday, 13 February 2015   
Friday, 13 March 2015      
Friday, 13 November 2015   

Friday, 13 May 2016   

Friday, 13 January 2017   
Friday, 13 October 2017

Friday, 13 April 2018   
Friday, 13 July 2018   

Friday, 13 September 2019   
Friday, 13 December 2019   

Friday, 13 March 2020   
Friday, 13 November 2020   

Official Tweet at https://twitter.com/analcoin/status/589000331620651009

Hows everything else going?
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 12:21:41 PM

https://youtu.be/4-EIi7ToTkA

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
gimpanzee

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:22:50 PM

Yobit Update

Yobit are ready for the hard fork! Confirmed by email today.

(unfortunately their IP addresses for wallets are private so cannot act as a seed node for the wallet)

But anyway that's great Yobit are on board with the hard fork.

It's all coming together, looking forward to stage 2 of Analcoin!!
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:51:19 PM

Yobit Update

(unfortunately their IP addresses for wallets are private so cannot act as a seed node for the wallet)

With the code butt-plugged it should be a smooth transition.
gimpanzee

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:03:33 PM

Yobit Update

With the code butt-plugged it should be a smooth transition.

Plugged, filled, and able to stretch without anal bloating! This is the beginning of the rest of the journey for Analcoin. Totally Analicious! Smiley
gimpanzee

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 09:49:57 AM

COINJOY
Digital Currency Exchange

http://www.thedigitalcurrencyexchange.com/img/coinjoy.jpg

LAUNCHING JULY 31st 2015 | IPO'S NOW AVAILABLE ON SELECTED COINS

CoinJoy is a digital currency exchange with a difference, all coins are "fantasy coins" based on sport, industry, people and cultures.

How Does It Work

Each of the following major coins will be exchangeable with Bitcoin from the exchange itself upon launch;

Golfcoin (GOLF)
American Football (XAF)
Baseball (XBA)
Celebrity (XCEL)
Cricket (XCK)
Geographical (XGEO)
Motorsport(XMO)
Adult(XXXX)

Under each sector will feature dozens of coins tradeable against each other, for example Golfcoin will allow over 1,000 UK Golf Club coins & 15,000 US Golf Club coins to be traded for Golfcoin/Bitcoin . IPO's are currently available for over 1,000 UK Golf clubs with the sunrise period for golf clubs to purchase ending on 31st May 2015.

No Scams, No Broken Coins.

Every coin and master node will be managed 100% by CoinJoy. What this means is that at no time will any coin disappear, or break. Our distributed global team will provide full working nodes, infrastructure, wallets and support for all coins within our exchange.

No Pump And Dumps

Because of the fixed pricing structure where coins are bought and sold for comparable money, it reduces the potential for someone to artificially inflate prices.

Back By Transit State Gold

The most difficult mission is getting governments to accept and acknowledge new wealth to cure poverty, Virtual Gold was designed to represent every ounce of un-harvested gold not only on our planet (for example under the ocean or too close to the earths core) but also on nearby planets which will enable humanity to invest in positive change, reduce poverty, fund scientific research and much more. GoldBars (GBS) was launched in February 2014 and is the first tangible backed digital asset (pending value acceptance by national banks, governments and regulations by the FSA).

What this means is, subject to approval, each coin bought on CoinJoy for just £1.00 each COULD be increased in value to between £2 - £10 without any further investment from you, the remainder would be applied by Virtual Gold. This also means that new wealth to cure poverty can be distributed globally at specified levels. Of course with any "investment" there is a small risk.

Note: Virtual Gold (GoldBars GBS) is not available for purchase, it is designed as a tangible unit of independent new wealth regulated by global new wealth policy pending agreement.

For more information and updates please get in touch

Regards

Buttoshi Anamoto

Email: support@thedigitalcurrencyexchange.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/coinjoy

COINJOY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE PEOPLE BEHIND ANALCOIN

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1011983.0
Web: www.analcoin.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/analcoin
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:18:57 AM

COINJOY
Digital Currency Exchange

LAUNCHING JULY 31st 2015 | IPO'S NOW AVAILABLE ON SELECTED COINS

CoinJoy is a digital currency exchange with a difference, all coins are "fantasy coins" based on sport, industry, people and cultures.

How Does It Work

Each of the following major coins will be exchangeable with Bitcoin from the exchange itself upon launch;

Golfcoin (GOLF)
American Football (XAF)
Baseball (XBA)
Celebrity (XCEL)
Cricket (XCK)
Geographical (XGEO)
Motorsport(XMO)
Adult(XXXX)

Under each sector will feature dozens of coins tradeable against each other, for example Golfcoin will allow over 1,000 UK Golf Club coins & 15,000 US Golf Club coins to be traded for Golfcoin/Bitcoin . IPO's are currently available for over 1,000 UK Golf clubs with the sunrise period for golf clubs to purchase ending on 31st May 2015.

No Scams, No Broken Coins.

Every coin and master node will be managed 100% by CoinJoy. What this means is that at no time will any coin disappear, or break. Our distributed global team will provide full working nodes, infrastructure, wallets and support for all coins within our exchange.

No Pump And Dumps

Because of the fixed pricing structure where coins are bought and sold for comparable money, it reduces the potential for someone to artificially inflate prices.

Back By Transit State Gold

The most difficult mission is getting governments to accept and acknowledge new wealth to cure poverty, Virtual Gold was designed to represent every ounce of un-harvested gold not only on our planet (for example under the ocean or too close to the earths core) but also on nearby planets which will enable humanity to invest in positive change, reduce poverty, fund scientific research and much more. GoldBars (GBS) was launched in February 2014 and is the first tangible backed digital asset (pending value acceptance by national banks, governments and regulations by the FSA).

What this means is, subject to approval, each coin bought on CoinJoy for just £1.00 each COULD be increased in value to between £2 - £10 without any further investment from you, the remainder would be applied by Virtual Gold. This also means that new wealth to cure poverty can be distributed globally at specified levels. Of course with any "investment" there is a small risk.

Note: Virtual Gold (GoldBars GBS) is not available for purchase, it is designed as a tangible unit of independent new wealth regulated by global new wealth policy pending agreement.

For more information and updates please get in touch

Regards

Buttoshi Anamoto

Email: support@thedigitalcurrencyexchange.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/coinjoy

COINJOY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE PEOPLE BEHIND ANALCOIN

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1011983.0
Web: www.analcoin.co.uk
Twitter: www.twitter.com/analcoin

Awesome! Will be watching the development of this Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:27:42 AM

I have all the code ready and a compiled wallet. Just want the final go ahead to release a binary out in the wild. The fork is still scheduled for this Tuesday the 21st. If this is not enough time I can recompile with a later fork date (this is extremely easy to change). I added MultiSend, but we will need for staking to be functional after the fork before we can properly test the code.

Find the repo at github.com/presstab/analcoin

If this is the final code then I recommend someone fork my repo, as I am not going to promise to keep this repo up forever.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
xrn

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:23:15 AM

I have all the code ready and a compiled wallet. Just want the final go ahead to release a binary out in the wild. The fork is still scheduled for this Tuesday the 21st. If this is not enough time I can recompile with a later fork date (this is extremely easy to change). I added MultiSend, but we will need for staking to be functional after the fork before we can properly test the code.

If this is the final code then I recommend someone fork my repo, as I am not going to promise to keep this repo up forever.

Can i have all my coins on Yobit before fork ?
gimpanzee

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:36:44 AM

Great work thank you, multisend (excellent!). Excited about the commit!

I have forked the repo in github to https://github.com/buttoshianamoto/analcoin-1 - does that mean I will have access to the latest source and compiles when uploaded? Alternatively you can commit to github.com/buttoshianamoto/analcoin if you want to.

Yobit (private IP) and Chainz (public IP) are ready to go on to the new fork as soon as its released, so please release today for tomorrows fork and place a notice here to the new source.

I will also download the new wallet compile and make it available to download from the website this evening (unless you want to make use of mega?)

Great work all round team. I understand that we also have a successful Raspberry Pi compile coming from another member, and a variety of mac wallets Smiley All good from here. Let's get forked!!!
gimpanzee

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 07:14:55 AM

Github Readme Updated

Analcoin

What Is Analcoin?

Analcoin is a SHA256 Digital Currency, also referred to as a Cryptocurrency based on the Bitcoin Core. Digital Currencies are designed to replace the fiat (paper money) system and provide a way to securely transact units of wealth without using banks and third parties, to securely maintain a public consensus of transactions, and for allowing individuals and businesses to store their own wealth using their home computer, tablet, mobile phone and other digital devices.

Why Analcoin?

Analcoin is an open digital currency that allows any individual, business, company or team to accept direct payments without using third parties. Originally created as something light-hearted and for general public use, Analcoin has developed and now become a significant contender as a digital currency used by the Adult Industry.

Analcoin is a brand agnostic digital currency that can be branded for each business sector, e.g. Data ANALysts, ANALog Watches and many more with the addition of custom wallets available for various industry types.

Analcoin (v2.0) forked on 21st April 2015 was upgraded to fix a failed POS (proof of stake).

It is the goal of the Analcoin (v2.0) developers for users to access to the Analcoin developments, technology and tools. Analcoin started as a SHA256 ASIC-friendly energy efficient mixed PoW/PoS coin with 150,000 Proof Of Work coins, and now operates as a 100% Proof Of Stake coin (8th April 2015). Analcoin provides a means of transaction in a pseudo-anonymous manner particularly for purchasing adult goods and services (within the current legal framework), indeed any goods and service by businesses that accept Analcoin.

Giving And Recieving Anal

Analcoin (v2.0) alows direct end to end transactions referred to as "giving anal" and "receiving anal". This is what is termed as a "viral component" that should allow Analcoin to target niche markets and provide a fun aspect to using and storing personal wealth (users must be age 16+).

Future Developments

Analcoin has already had Multisend implemented into it's latest wallet (v2.0). We also have a variety of Mac Wallets and a Raspberry Pi wallet launching following the v2.0 hard fork of 21st April 2015. Our aim is to make available a number of viral apps (for fun and marketing), an Android and iOS app, and also implement a number of future technologies to keep Analcoin up to date and usable across the widest userbase possible.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:22:41 PM

Excellent. Have you added coin control as well to split/combine blocks?
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:16:02 PM

Great work thank you, multisend (excellent!). Excited about the commit!

I have forked the repo in github to https://github.com/buttoshianamoto/analcoin-1 - does that mean I will have access to the latest source and compiles when uploaded? Alternatively you can commit to github.com/buttoshianamoto/analcoin if you want to.

Yobit (private IP) and Chainz (public IP) are ready to go on to the new fork as soon as its released, so please release today for tomorrows fork and place a notice here to the new source.

I will also download the new wallet compile and make it available to download from the website this evening (unless you want to make use of mega?)

Great work all round team. I understand that we also have a successful Raspberry Pi compile coming from another member, and a variety of mac wallets Smiley All good from here. Let's get forked!!!

I am not sure what the actual ip's are for that. What I am going to do is put seed.analcoin.co.uk as the seed node address. Then you will create cname records for seed.analcoin.co.uk that point to any ip address (and more than one). This is the best way to handle it because then you can switch up the nodes without recompilation.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:23:23 PM

Excellent. Have you added coin control as well to split/combine blocks?

Nope, I won't have time to do this before the fork. Maybe something later down the road. It can be a bit more complicated than you would think it is.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:32:15 PM

Windows Binaries for the fork can be found here: https://github.com/presstab/analcoin/releases/tag/v1.1

If you are having a hard time finding nodes after the fork, find some @ https://chainz.cryptoid.info/anal/#!network and make sure they are on protocol 60020

I am sure billotronic will try his hand at the mac binaries soon. I will create a pull request to the new official repo https://github.com/buttoshianamoto/analcoin-1

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:51:17 PM

yeah yeah yeah I'm working on it .... some of us do have to work at our day jobs (every now and then! lol)

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: