Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:58:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Requirements  (Read 2809 times)
sagarus (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:34:21 AM

Hello,
recenty i got 64gb dedicated server
i want to run mining on that . is it possible ??

any requirements ?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:14:06 PM

you don't need a powerful computer, but a powerful miner, mining with cpu is useless

but in the end casual mining it's not recommended, and if you really want to make profit you need to invest many money in a big farm

that server could be good for establishing a pool though
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 05:28:22 PM

Hello,

any requirements ?

easy mining time is over...
cloud mining is over...
just buy BTC directly if you trunst in this project..
and hope theyr value will raise...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 04:44:08 PM

Hello,

any requirements ?

You could always open a mining POOL on that server, might be the only profitable thing you can do with that :/

Or a bunch of faucets aha

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:55:04 AM

well i dont have much to add yes you need to mine its not the cpu or gpu but a miner asic for instances and that need to be good eficient and economic but as this guys in bussiness to the speed of good thoughts told you could try open a pool or some faucets (no much add there)
in the case of could mining well its not over but its too much contained to be used by low honest companies some does a ponzi of it and run after 6 months of promissing big porfits you need a estable good roi and reliable sites for colud mining i do sugget thought the btc cloud mining for that but its just me.

ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:57:40 AM

It would be pointless with a 64gb server. Maybe buy an antminer try your luck with it. Eve huge mining operations are taking losses right now with the current price of bitcoin. Good luck Cheesy
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 07:17:36 AM

It would be pointless with a 64gb server. Maybe buy an antminer try your luck with it. Eve huge mining operations are taking losses right now with the current price of bit[Suspicious link removed]d luck Cheesy
Fuck mining, BTC at 230$USD... I'm gonna go ahead and pick me up some hefty cheap coin.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
xingming

Activity: 322

Writing to dispel society's myths.

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:31:57 PM

Mining those days not really recommanded , the price going down , electricity so expensive .
otherwise You will have to buy hardwares ( don't think ever using cloud mining) , will have to
 maintain those hardwares , will have to look at a good pool and you should be a have patience
Have those requirement and you're a miner !

- Xing Ming .

Bananana

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 08:02:51 AM

Hello,

any requirements ?

The requirement to mining is ASIC, search for S5 Antminer to get more details about real mining gear.

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:39:13 PM

Actual CPU requirements are actually quite minimal. For $100 you buy a Raspberry Pi, a powered Hub, and a couple of Antminer U1's. The Raspberry Pi is nothing compared to your 64GB dedicated server in terms of CPU power, but paired with the ASIC's it will run rigs around the server in terms of Bitcoin mining, and do it for a fraction of the electricity required.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 05:08:51 PM

Hello,

any requirements ?
Um... 64gb of what?  I've got to assume you mean RAM... what about CPUs, disk, network?  As has been mentioned if you intend for this machine to mine... you're 3 years late.  If you intend to host a pool, it'll work.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
BitDJANT78

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:42:15 PM

Huh I've been working with Bitcoin for a few months now and have yet to mine anything. I'm working on this for a client he had the system set up 2 antminers I think one is malfunctioning,
and I told him he has to hit a certain number to see some results as we have done everything from resets, to unplugging and re-inserting to re-starting. We still haven't seen anything even
when I saw that the antminer hit the number to receive a profit. It's hooked up to a Mac System and he is pool mining. any help would be appreciated.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:32:29 PM

Huh I've been working with Bitcoin for a few months now and have yet to mine anything. I'm working on this for a client he had the system set up 2 antminers I think one is malfunctioning,
and I told him he has to hit a certain number to see some results as we have done everything from resets, to unplugging and re-inserting to re-starting. We still haven't seen anything even
when I saw that the antminer hit the number to receive a profit. It's hooked up to a Mac System and he is pool mining. any help would be appreciated.

The obvious question is are you using a pool, or trying to mine Solo? You need to make sure you've got everything working with a pool, and then try solo. Even then you might want to use CK's solo pool.

What kind of Antminer are you using? A U1? A U2? A U3? Virtually all of these USB attached miner will only mine a tiny fraction (e.g. 1/1000 or less) of a Bitcoin in a day using a pool. Solo mining, you may never mine anything.

Without a better description of your hardware, it's going to difficult/impossible to help you. Once you have figured out what you have, you might want to consider finding an appropriate thread under tha "Hardware" sub-forum.

In short if you were expecting "get rich" by mining, prepare to be sorely disappointed.
rikfredsy

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:42:43 PM

what , you through a dedicated server is needed to  mine bitcoin , nah , you just need a powerful Gpu , or
Asic hardware that will be more powerful mining bitcoin and also more cheap .

BitDJANT78

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:37:04 PM

Yeah it's in a pool, I know it's difficult to get rich off of this. It's an Antminer S3 does my client have to hit a certain block or does it even matter?

what , you through a dedicated server is needed to  mine bitcoin , nah , you just need a powerful Gpu , or
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 09:30:22 PM

GPU day's are really over for most.  Even with cheap electricity you need an asic not a GPU rig.

Even if you run at a profit I don't see any way to ROI on a GPU rig anymore.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 09:58:49 PM

Hello,

any requirements ?

Yes, find out the value of the 64gb dedicated server and sell it to the highest bidder!

You can't mine shit on server, unfortunately.  It's all about ASICs right now.

Sell that server, and buy BTC with the money you got from the sale.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:05:04 AM

GPU day's are really over for most.  Even with cheap electricity you need an asic not a GPU rig.

this is true only if he intend to mine bitcoin, otherwise gpu are still good for other coins, you can roi much faster there
hugs1BTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 02:44:38 PM

Try Qubit mining like me, you can still make good ROI Wink
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:38:55 PM

Hello,

any requirements ?

Useless. Run a full node maybe. Google it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: