Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 26859 times)
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:06:11 PM

The OP has sucked too much Pirate cock.

How the fuck do you know that Pirate brought opportunity to bitcoin when no one even knows his business model?

You are super ignorant.  Grin Grin Grin

Yeah, the dudes that shake the economy are the morons on the speculation board who profit $3 when the BTC price moves by $2 up and down Roll Eyes

lmao

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 11:43:37 PM

Bit quick to apologise when he hasn't paid everyone back yet, but I have a hunch that he will pay everyone just to prove you guys wrong.
drlatino999

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:44:39 PM

Bit quick to apologise when he hasn't paid everyone back yet, but I have a hunch that he will pay everyone just to prove you guys wrong.

I'd love to see that happen since I have a sizeable chunk of coins invested, but it seems safest for me to crack a bottle of gin and sleep this weekend out.

Sappers clear the way
Phraust

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 11:54:35 PM

I'd love to see that happen since I have a sizeable chunk of coins invested, but it seems safest for me to crack a bottle of gin and sleep this weekend out.

Agreed.  I'm going to the beach...
phantitox

Activity: 385

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:17:48 AM

already there  Wink

drlatino999

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:18:53 AM

already there  Wink

If this isn't a stock picture, which it looks to be, you win the internet.

Sappers clear the way
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:39:35 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 01:22:01 AM by IveBeenBit

why should I or anyone else apologize for telling you that you're an idiot. After all, you still are - just an idiot that got lucky.

To answer your question, you should apologize because you and people like you blew up the forums with caustic comments and ceaselessly annoyed hundreds of users. You degraded the quality of support threads such as Bitcoinmax's, in defiance of fellow forum members' pleas to confine your speculations to other threads that were dedicated to being bearish on Pirate. Furthermore, several members of Team Ponzi embarked on a campaign of character assassination against well-regarded members of the community. And you were wrong. That's why you should apologize. But seeing as most members of Team Ponzi have demonstrated their lack of class and good manners, I don't expect many apologies to be forthcoming.

Claims that you were "just trying to help" people not get scammed are also disingenuous. If you were such a nice guy who cared about people's welfare, you wouldn't act like such an asshole towards them. To see how to offer criticism with grace, class and wit, read Gavin's comments on the matter. You were not trying to help people; you were trying to boost your ego and lord your smug superiority over all the "idiots," who are clearly your inferiors.

As a final gift to Team Ponzi, I've put enough money (18BTC, and there's more where that came from if I see more action headed to the opposite side) on this Bets of Bitcoin statement to offer you really good odds if you think Pirate will default on his plan to repay. After all, your opinion is only worth as much as you're willing to wager on it. If you aren't willing to back your oh so strong opinions with cash, then you're just a deflating sack of hot air.

The bet now stands at 33.4 BTC in favor of a default by the end of September and 39.8 BTC against a default. Put up or shut up. The actual conviction that Team Ponzi has to their opinions will be quantified, in public for all to see.

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=521

Edit: BetsofBitcoin.com has apparently closed the bet and refunded my wagers. I am disappoint.
axus

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:51:38 AM

30k bitcoins isn't worth disappearing.  If pirate returns all the money, he will have tons of trust for his next venture.  Though he will be poorer.  Let's wait til everyone has their money back.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:54:13 AM

30k bitcoins isn't worth disappearing.  If pirate returns all the money, he will have tons of trust for his next venture.  Though he will be poorer.  Let's wait til everyone has their money back.

Would 400K Bitcoins be worth disappearing?
Rarity

Activity: 182

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 03:50:21 AM

All of the money will most certainly be properly refunded to the rightful owners.  It's shameful that some folks around here would buy into the troll generated plotline that this is some sort of scam and all customers will not be fully reimbursed.  Once again, panic and suspicion around here are outpacing common sense and trust.

Quote from: A Wise Man
“On the day when we can fully trust each other, there will be peace on Earth.”

I know we aren't there yet for the whole world, but for the Bitcoin community I think we need to make some effort before declaring people criminals with no evidence.   I say that for Zhou Tong or Pirateat40 or anyone else falsely accused by this lynch mob masquerading as a community.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:21:04 AM

All of the money will most certainly be properly refunded to the rightful owners.  It's shameful that some folks around here would buy into the troll generated plotline that this is some sort of scam and all customers will not be fully reimbursed.  Once again, panic and suspicion around here are outpacing common sense and trust.

Quote from: A Wise Man
“On the day when we can fully trust each other, there will be peace on Earth.”

I know we aren't there yet for the whole world, but for the Bitcoin community I think we need to make some effort before declaring people criminals with no evidence.   I say that for Zhou Tong or Pirateat40 or anyone else falsely accused by this lynch mob masquerading as a community.

Rarity is a co-conspirator!

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:28:39 AM

this lynch mob masquerading as a community.

Bingo.

Resses is in on it too!  And notme!

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 04:31:42 AM

Come on, he announced he is shutting down and paying back. What do you think he is doing? Catching the plane to Brazil this weekend?

Maybe not Brazil...

I hear Ecuador is nice this time of year.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:58:35 AM

This reminds me of the beginning of the Bitcoinica thread.

I'm grumpy!!
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 05:35:22 AM

This reminds me of the beginning of the Bitcoinica thread.

Well there've been almost as many pirate threads as Bitcoinica threads.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 10:13:00 AM

Now that Pirateat40 closed down his operatations thanks to all the fud that was going on and growing on the forum, I expect everyone that spreads this fud, accused and insulted Pirate and the people that supported him to apologize.

Not only did Pirate brought us a great opportunity for investors (once in a lifetime actually), he did help stabilise and grow steadily bitcoin price, volume exchange, and thus contributed to the success of bitcoin. For that, Pirate, I want to thank you. You've done a wonderful work, and I hope you're stay around here.

Now, apologies on.
Pirates business did pay excellent interest for those that already had tons of coins. Do you really expect that this communitylynch mob will apologize? I am sure those that did cry ponzi actually like to have destroyed this business. I am sure that most of the ponzi blamers knew that it was not a ponzi, but where simply jealous. At least 30% of this communitylynch mob are in here in to help failing Bitcoin. I think a turning point was when even Moderators joined in to blame ponzi, when they should have easily figured out the truth. It seems that using the very own brain is no longer in vogue, especially when pitchforks and burning down makes so much fun.
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 10:18:56 AM

If he returns the funds it will be a boost for the bitcoin economy, 30k + coins now available for investment elsewhere.
right time to invest and who pays what?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=81542.0;all

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 10:21:23 AM

There'll be a post deletion explosion next week as one side or the other try to remove silly things they wrote.

If Pirate does default, there'll be a large number of high profile members looking like chumps or scammers. If he doesn't, I don't see any apologies happening.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 11:58:36 AM

There'll be a post deletion explosion next week as one side or the other try to remove silly things they wrote.

Quick! Let's start quoting each others posts for posterity. 
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 12:01:14 PM

Quick! Let's start quoting each others posts for posterity. 

Uh ... alright, then.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: