Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here comes the big money...  (Read 3554 times)
micalith

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:31:35 AM

Wall street big money, this have been mentioned for thousands times, but seems they never come with their big money and big pump to market. Anyway I'm glad we back to $260 today.

I feel like sophisticated finance is not the type to accumulate like every day people. I imagine some sort of crazy math refined by stress testing rakes up all the money from normal speculators, no matter which direction they want to go.  We know they're definitely in Bitcoin. Why would you rather pump up the price making everyone rich when you could keep more of the fiat influx to yourself setting up trading ranges you can more or less control i.e. profit in both directions? But maybe I'm too paranoid.

I wouldn't be surprised. The thing is, if they do have some sort of clever profit system, it's likely to increase overall liquidity and stability
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:34:25 AM

Wall street big money, this have been mentioned for thousands times, but seems they never come with their big money and big pump to market. Anyway I'm glad we back to $260 today.

Don't worry, we will slowly slide back down to 240 soon.

Oh the days when i used to worry about a $20 swing haha.  Even a $200 swing up would see me pretty calm these days but it could mean the next bubble if that happened Smiley
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:59:02 AM

Still, it is just very weak news in the sense that it is purely speculative. Until there are no hard facts to support such development I wouldn't expect any bigger influence on the price.

this space is intentionally left blank
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:33:06 AM

Still, it is just very weak news in the sense that it is purely speculative. Until there are no hard facts to support such development I wouldn't expect any bigger influence on the price.

I agree.  The mere fact of a mention in the WSJ doesn't mean much.  You can find btc mentioned in Forbes, Fortune, investment shows, etc all the time.  This is just another stretch made in the minds of the "superbulls" on here to justify holding their dwindling "investment"
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:58:34 PM

I agree.  The mere fact of a mention in the WSJ doesn't mean much.  You can find btc mentioned in Forbes, Fortune, investment shows, etc all the time.  This is just another stretch made in the minds of the "superbulls" on here to justify holding their dwindling "investment"

WSJ seems like perma bulls on bitcoin they must be holding a decent size chunk of coin.  Yahoo seems the same, all good stuff when the price goes crazy again.
MF Doom

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:11:51 PM

WSJ seems like perma bulls on bitcoin they must be holding a decent size chunk of coin.  Yahoo seems the same, all good stuff when the price goes crazy again.

They jsut want to write articles that will attract attention period.  Whether its good news or bad, they make advertising money off hits, so they will push any story regardless if it really means much in the real world.
LOBSTER

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:35:47 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 05:26:56 PM by LOBSTER

I actually don't want a "boost". What Bitcoin needs is long-term acceptance to everyone in the world and not just the greedy investors who want the fast money.
xmasdobo

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:54:18 PM

http://www.wsj.com/articles/big-investor-involvement-could-boost-bitcoin-1428259814

http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2015/04/05/bny-mellon-explores-bitcoins-potential/

Wall Street was clearly waiting for regulation and the outlook is becoming much clearer.  The etf is something they feel they can work with.
The big money will enter when least expected and the fudster will cry for days.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:43:25 PM

http://www.wsj.com/articles/big-investor-involvement-could-boost-bitcoin-1428259814

Wall Street was clearly waiting for regulation and the outlook is becoming much clearer.  The etf is something they feel they can work with.

This is what we are looking for esp the ETF. New money coming in from traditional global investors, will def increase the price.

IF it passes, and someone does create the ETF (insert rich person who forms it) then we probably see it jump overnight like the mt.gox situation. Then you got billionaires like warren buffet who doesnt know a damn thing, will still invest some small portion to test since its a traditional form of investment.

Inotanewbie

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 05:48:22 PM

Don't worry, we will slowly slide back down to 240 soon.

Oh the days when i used to worry about a $20 swing haha.  Even a $200 swing up would see me pretty calm these days but it could mean the next bubble if that happened Smiley

I am the same my newbie days of caring when the next swing would be was annoying to say the least. I would keep an eye on it to see how it was rising but i would not be fussed either about a $200 up swing this forum would be going mental lol

The guy above has it right i don't think they will be here to pump this they have had years to pay attention to it and have chose not to regulation is really not going make them jump up and down saying yes i have to be in that, if anything they would have been in without regulation.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:26:36 PM

I actually don't want a "boost". What Bitcoin needs is long-term acceptance to everyone in the world and not just the greedy investors who want the fast money.

while this is good and all, bitcoin need absolutely to rise in price right now, as it is really undervalued, a rise in price would bring more investors to come also, not talking about a pump, but a steady rise

the adoption is somehow releated to price
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:36:50 PM

They jsut want to write articles that will attract attention period.  Whether its good news or bad, they make advertising money off hits, so they will push any story regardless if it really means much in the real world.
Exactly. So far we have plenty of smoke (news) and relatively little fire. I wouldn't get too excited with just the news, but once we have some real events happening.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:34:04 PM

I think you're right. The articles (advertisements in my mind) from the big press outlets seem to be getting more priming-the-pump'ish just this year.

Two years ago some of us would've shit a brick at being mentioned in WSJ.

What about security though? Even if there are regulations in place, it still seems investors are weary because nothing has really been figured out about incidents like mt gox, and hundreds of millions of dollars worth of btc seemingly disappearing

Insurance of their ETF holdings would put their mind at ease.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:54:18 PM

Being on WSJ is not really a big deal.

Its when outlets like CNN have a actual long articles and making their marketing to make bitcoin a good thing, is when I start eyeing in on things.

CNN`s reader base is probably x10 more larger then is for WSJ and I only say this from experience. 2 years ago, I heard of bitcoin only because of a CNN article wrote some great about it.

Then after that, I dug around and fell upon this forum.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:57:06 PM

Wall Street was clearly waiting for regulation and the outlook is becoming much clearer.  The etf is something they feel they can work with.
The big money will enter when least expected and the fudster will cry for days.

That's right. Before the news comes out that WallStreet is fully in Bitcoin they have already bought a good amount of coins.

Same with stocks. Before major news they make sure they bought in already. After that, regular Bitcoin traders will start to buy in and cause a good peak.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Being on WSJ is not really a big deal.

Its when outlets like CNN have a actual long articles and making their marketing to make bitcoin a good thing, is when I start eyeing in on things.

CNN`s reader base is probably x10 more larger then is for WSJ and I only say this from experience. 2 years ago, I heard of bitcoin only because of a CNN article wrote some great about it.

Then after that, I dug around and fell upon this forum.
as soon as you see positive propaganda in the main stream media, it means we are already in the mania phase and you should look for the exit rather than for the entry point. For now, we are in the no man's land, and if you are brave enough you may add to your stack at these prices (if you believe that Bitcoin can be successful in the longer term). But don't look for the news that make the price rise right now.

Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:16:17 AM

But don't look for the news that make the price rise right now.

Why not? Because you say so?
umairsaleem

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:00:19 AM

Anyway the truth is even you found some good news, the price will hardly rise for it.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:14:12 PM

Re-read my post once again to find the answer to your why question.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:33:24 PM

The only time I can recall a direct price rise relating to good happenings was during the senate hearings in late 2013. It exploded the second positive words started to dribble out the old guys' mouths.

Other than the ETF launching, can anyone think of other events that might have such an effect?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: