Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:25:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here comes the big money...  (Read 3556 times)
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:03:46 PM

http://ca.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idCAKBN0MX1EB20150406
Bitcoin technology startup hires Morgan Stanley manager
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:16:49 PM

http://ca.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idCAKBN0MX1EB20150406
Bitcoin technology startup hires Morgan Stanley manager
ok, but that is very loosely related to the topic of this thread.
Big money?

this space is intentionally left blank
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:39:11 PM

I hope these will cause nice price rises with BTC when they come to fruition.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:46:16 PM

So much money has already gone into various companies in the Bitcoin ecosystem. It's only a matter of time until more funding money goes into buying Bitcoins directly.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:00:47 PM

Wall street big money, this have been mentioned for thousands times, but seems they never come with their big money and big pump to market. Anyway I'm glad we back to $260 today.

I feel like sophisticated finance is not the type to accumulate like every day people. I imagine some sort of crazy math refined by stress testing rakes up all the money from normal speculators, no matter which direction they want to go.  We know they're definitely in Bitcoin. Why would you rather pump up the price making everyone rich when you could keep more of the fiat influx to yourself setting up trading ranges you can more or less control i.e. profit in both directions? But maybe I'm too paranoid.

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:05:53 PM

Wall street big money, this have been mentioned for thousands times, but seems they never come with their big money and big pump to market. Anyway I'm glad we back to $260 today.

I feel like sophisticated finance is not the type to accumulate like every day people. I imagine some sort of crazy math refined by stress testing rakes up all the money from normal speculators, no matter which direction they want to go.  We know they're definitely in Bitcoin. Why would you rather pump up the price making everyone rich when you could keep more of the fiat influx to yourself setting up trading ranges you can more or less control i.e. profit in both directions? But maybe I'm too paranoid.

Well, the best move - in case you want to be in the game - would be to enter and play according to their strategy and don't be influenced by them in any way. Buy and hold, no matter what, could be a suitable strategy Smiley

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:00:24 AM

Well, the best move - in case you want to be in the game - would be to enter and play according to their strategy and don't be influenced by them in any way. Buy and hold, no matter what, could be a suitable strategy Smiley
buy and hold strategy usually doesn't work well in rigged markets - see last 4 years in gold for example.

this space is intentionally left blank
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:33:34 AM

I think the crypto scene has become quite the enticing investment right about now. With wallet providers being insured and exchanges seeming to be proactive about their security I see no reason why anyone wouldn't invest. Hoping for good times ahead!

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:44:44 PM

Being on WSJ is not really a big deal.

Its when outlets like CNN have a actual long articles and making their marketing to make bitcoin a good thing, is when I start eyeing in on things.

CNN`s reader base is probably x10 more larger then is for WSJ and I only say this from experience. 2 years ago, I heard of bitcoin only because of a CNN article wrote some great about it.

Then after that, I dug around and fell upon this forum.

You picked a good year to start, hopefully this year will be as good or better than 2013.

Here comes the big money:
The bears in this thread are obviously frightened, knowing that the Bitcoin economy and investments are growing at a fast pace.
Doom and gloom is not needed when a huge party is getting underway!  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: