Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:53:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are lucky to be a part of this.  (Read 3633 times)
Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:58:11 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 06:18:29 PM by Fuzzy

Luck indicates that our concious decisions to take a chance on an unproven technology did not play a role.

There are plenty of people who have heard of Bitcoin that have dismissed it and missed out on this "luck".

EXACTLY. I already have people telling me "You just got lucky, blah blah blah". NO, FUCK YOU, you guys knew about bitcoin the moment I did, but unlike me, you brushed it off as not being worth your time/effort/investment, where I saw the potential and got busy.

I didn't sit on my ass playing games and stuffing my face, I hustled with with all the research, planning, trouble shooting, months of free time eaten away fiddling with overheated rigs and overloaded power lines, not to mention the cost of the whole operation, and now that my payoff is more than your net worth, you to write it off as "luck"? Fuck off you lazy hippie.

/rant

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:05:36 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 06:24:15 PM by Vladimir

Luck indicates that our concious decisions to take a chance on an unproven technology did not play a role.

There are plenty of people who have heard of Bitcoin that have dismissed it and missed out on this "luck".

EXACTLY. I already have people telling me "You just got lucky, blah blah blah". NO, FUCK YOU, you guys knew about bitcoin the moment I did, but unlike me, you brushed it off as not being worth your time/effort/investment, where I saw the potential and got busy.

I didn't sit on my ass playing games and stuffing my face, I hustled with with all the research, planning, trouble shooting, months of free time eaten away fiddling with overheated rigs and overloaded power lines, not to mention the cost of the whole operation, and now that my payoff is more than your net worth, you to write is off as "luck"? Fuck off you lazy hippie.

/rant

Indeed. Give it some time and your reward will be more than their not annual but lifetime salary. And they will never admit that you had enough brain to recognize merits of a new singularity on intersection of many complex disciplines such as economics, politics, finance, cryptography and computer science. You not just had a brain to recognize it, you also had balls to act on it. You also had a heart to share it all with them. But chances are that they have belittled you as a small time pump and dumper and ponzi promoter. Whatever... their loss.

I recently had an email exchange with one of my old acquaintances with whom I shared my discovery of Bitcoin back in very early 2011 (0.45$ per BTC times). I at that time suggested him to invest 10k$ into BTC, just to get belittled as a semi-criminal HYIP promoter, and ponzi operator. It seems that guy still thinks it is a ponzi... O well, whatever floats your boat my friend.

BTW he gave me this link  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UKC7iaBKvs as proof of his point. FFS!

There also was another guy who was in position to buy 200k$ worth of BTC at < 0.5$ and I made very detailed proposals. He decided to pass. That would be about 25 million USD now, give or take.

-
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 06:09:55 PM

I didn't sit on my ass playing games and stuffing my face, I hustled with with all the research, planning, trouble shooting, months of free time eaten away fiddling with overheated rigs and overloaded power lines, not to mention the cost of the whole operation, and now that my payoff is more than your net worth, you to write is off as "luck"? Fuck off you lazy hippie.

/rant

Indeed. Give it some time and your reward will be more than their not annual but lifetime salary. And they will never admit that you had enough brain to recognize merits of a new singularity on intersection of many complex disciplines such as economics, politics, finance, cryptography and computer science. You not just had a brain to recognize it, you also had ball to act on it. You also had a heart to share it all with them. But chances are that they have belittled you as a small time pump and dumper and ponzy promoter. Whatever... their loss.

Hear hear!

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:25:22 PM

/rant

Indeed. Give it some time and your reward will be more than their not annual but lifetime salary. And they will never admit that you had enough brain to recognize merits of a new singularity on intersection of many complex disciplines such as economics, politics, finance, cryptography and computer science. You not just had a brain to recognize it, you also had balls to act on it. You also had a heart to share it all with them. But chances are that they have belittled you as a small time pump and dumper and ponzi promoter. Whatever... their loss.

I recently had an email exchange with one of my old acquaintances with whom I shared my discovery of Bitcoin back in very early 2011 (0.45$ per BTC times). I at that time suggested him to invest 10k$ into BTC, just to get belittled as a semi-criminal HYIP promoter, and ponzi operator. It seems that guy still thinks it is a ponzi... O well, whatever floats your boat my friend.

BTW he gave me this link  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UKC7iaBKvs as proof of his point. FFS!

There also was another guy who was in position to buy 200k$ worth of BTC at < 0.5$ and I made very detailed proposals. He decided to pass. That would be about 25 million USD now, give or take.

It's been the most incredible trip.

Over two years ago I said to a friend:  "You know how once in awhile you look back at something you blew off, and regret it?  Not this time."

Oh... and hey Vladimir:  I remember your first sub-title under your avatar.  How're you doing with that?   Wink

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:33:20 PM

Oh... and hey Vladimir:  I remember your first sub-title under your avatar.  How're you doing with that?   Wink

well... with all the boating accidents... and fucking idiots and scammers in Bitcoin Magazine wasting one year of my life.... I am flat out broke now.

-
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 10:38:33 PM

65 USD/BTC, with market capitalization (slowly ?) approaching one billion US dollars...

Oh my god...

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:23:51 PM

Oh... and hey Vladimir:  I remember your first sub-title under your avatar.  How're you doing with that?   Wink

well... with all the boating accidents... and fucking idiots and scammers in Bitcoin Magazine wasting one year of my life.... I am flat out broke now.

I do hope that your idea of broke is as different from mine as I suspect it might be.

You've always been the greatest of advocates - you certainly galvanized me every now and then.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
carborundum

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:27:35 PM

Why did I stop mining during the slump???
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 11:33:21 PM

Jesus H. Christ

What's the H stand for? Heaven? Just asking. Sorry, off topic.

JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 11:36:24 PM

I've made %600 profit since heavyly buying massive amount BTC when price drops like crazy last year, I'm lucky to be part of this  Grin 

My friends and family are lucky that I'm a part of this. I gave away 10 BTC Casascius coins for christmas when they were worth under $200 USD.   Grin
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
March 21, 2013, 11:42:54 PM

Jesus H. Christ

What's the H stand for? Heaven? Just asking. Sorry, off topic.

The H stands for Harold, as in, "Our Father, who art in heaven, Harold be thy name  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: