Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: He can't get a heart transplant because he's autistic really?  (Read 1824 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:25:39 PM

there are priorities, an otherwise healthy 18 year old girl with high chances of survival and lots of money would get a heart pretty quickly

She'd win your heart, drakahn?
No, just a matter of potential, A fertile otherwise healthy male works just as well, but if it we're up to me we would already be using cloned hearts, or at least full mechanical hearts.... 3D printed custom hearts... genetically modified baboon hearts.... you know, anything we could make in numbers bigger than we would need, just in case a contagious heart disease pops up and pulls a spanish flu.

And my heart is staying with me until I get my robot body, Anyone know where I can sign up to be the first human test of a digital brain upload?

All very wonderful ideas. Save there be only one caveat; there is no profit in curing a medical problem.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drakahn

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:28:45 PM

there are priorities, an otherwise healthy 18 year old girl with high chances of survival and lots of money would get a heart pretty quickly

No, just a matter of potential, A fertile otherwise healthy male works just as well, but if it we're up to me we would already be using cloned hearts, or at least full mechanical hearts.... 3D printed custom hearts... genetically modified baboon hearts.... you know, anything we could make in numbers bigger than we would need, just in case a contagious heart disease pops up and pulls a spanish flu.

And my heart is staying with me until I get my robot body, Anyone know where I can sign up to be the first human test of a digital brain upload?

All very wonderful ideas. Save there be only one caveat; there is no profit in curing a medical problem.
If I had my way "profit" would be a very limited idea

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
sadpandatech

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:54:35 PM

If I had my way "profit" would be a very limited idea

I concure to a degree. Sadly for the Docs, they have little choice in this modern age of forced insurance acceptance, law suit funds, for profit hospitals that make it very difficult for good docs/surgeons to run their own, etc, etc.. :/

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:12:30 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2012, 04:22:08 AM by 420

There's already a few cures for certain cancers, I think one had a 40% success rate

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 01:05:38 AM

There's already a few cures for cancer

Incorrect. There are a few treatments for many but not all cancers.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:40:20 PM

why not just go highest bidder
If it was legal to pay for a new heart, Then their would be hundreds of "organ growing facilities" Comprised of 'cow like' women forced to reproduce asap, Just so the owners of the "organ growing facility" can harvest your newborn childs fresh healthy organs. They whould sell for quite a high price i imagine.

Lets not forget about all the other benefits from such a facility!, All that meat, all those umbilical cords! And the kidneys and livers! So much money!.
Scarcasm aside, That would be horrifying to see.
But at the same time if the girl sells herself on her own accord knowing everything thats going to happen, And the world doesnt Freak Out about the organ harvesting.
Then i would bid for an organ, Wouldnt you?

TL;DR Because thats Wrong by social morals

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:08:09 AM

If it was legal to pay for a new heart, Then their would be hundreds of "organ growing facilities" Comprised of 'cow like' women forced to reproduce asap, Just so the owners of the "organ growing facility" can harvest your newborn childs fresh healthy organs. They whould sell for quite a high price i imagine.

Lets not forget about all the other benefits from such a facility!, All that meat, all those umbilical cords! And the kidneys and livers! So much money!.
But at the same time if the girl sells herself on her own accord knowing everything thats going to happen, And the world doesnt Freak Out about the organ harvesting.

I disagree @ 'hundreds'

drakahn

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:11:10 AM

I disagree @ 'hundreds'

For what reason? 7 billion potential customers, if heart replacements became profitable mcdonalds would offer them with every 50000 bigmacs

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:42:57 AM

I disagree @ 'hundreds'

For what reason? 7 billion potential customers, if heart replacements became profitable mcdonalds would offer them with every 50000 bigmacs

usa is still the best standard of living and the most medically advanced (questionable?)

currently the medical field is regulated. Doctors aren't going to trust black market organs.

drakahn

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:44:01 AM

I disagree @ 'hundreds'

usa is still the best standard of living and the most medically advanced (questionable?)

currently the medical field is regulated. Doctors aren't going to trust black market organs.
What black market? the start of this quote pyramid starts with "If it was legal to pay for a new heart,"

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:54:46 AM

And then into jumps into women slaves LOL

drakahn

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 11:10:47 AM

They are working mothers, not slaves...

>.>

someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 02:01:34 PM

http://www.change.org/petitions/help-my-autistic-son-get-a-life-saving-heart-transplant?utm_campaign=share_button_mobile&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=9098309

I signed this petition just because after reading this its just a horrible way to be denied surgery. I'd like to see what this community thinks of it. And if you agree sign!
I'm pretty damn sure that it's a lot more than "he's autistic"

I'm autistic myself and I doubt that I'd be denied a heart replacement just because of that, it's more that he's "unable to list his medications", when he's on 19 medications, it could be fatal to replace his heart as he could be on certain medications to assist with his heart problems that he hasn't listed, and could probably cause complications after the surgery.

"and the Princess Peach doll he carries for comfort," - I don't know why the doctor would need to care about that, if he had to bring the doll into surgery, they could just remove it from him while he's under anaesthetics and have no issues, the doctors would probably be able to deal with that just fine.

Either way I've signed the petition, though it seems doubtful that the major reason is due to his autism.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 04:33:05 PM

They are working mothers, not slaves...

>.>
Well im glad to see that both sides of the statement are being explored!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 04:46:11 PM

I believe this would violate the Americans with disabilities act and therefore would be illegal. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: