Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you reinvest in BS&T if pirate returns your deposit next week
Yes
No
Pirate won't create second generation of BST

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you reinvest in BS&T if pirate returns your deposit next week?  (Read 4846 times)
pauljr8

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 03:43:39 PM

You're kidding right? With hundreds of people doing nothing but hoping for a word from the anointed one that doesn't come while the value of their investments rise and fall out of their control I think not. Furthermore with no evidence that any promised payouts commenced 3 days after freezing our coins, what are we to do but speculate especially since the only word coming from pirate was to tell us that we don't know how hard it is to do the payouts. No pirateat40 has lost all credibility in his ability to deliver whether being in over his head or just a common thief.
Rockefoten

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:25:29 PM

I don't think we will see another run of BS&T, but if we do I won't reinvest. Pirate sure gave a great return, but after closing up I have gotten the impression that he doesn't care about trying to reassure lenders. If he intends to return the money it wouldn't have taken too much of his time to give more frequent updates to lenders to try and reassure them that things are proceeding with payouts.
As others have mentioned, it's as if he is trying to create a sense of panic among lenders in order to buy up the cheap debt...
In the future, if I invest, it will be with people who at least try to appear to care about their investors/lenders.
Timbert33

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:47:39 PM

Why is this??  He has Millions of dollars of coin.  Why doesn't he have a staff or assistants??

BFL has probably taken in less BTC then Pirate, they have staff..  The bitcoin magazine definately has taken in less, they have staff..

Oh right.  BFL.. they have staff and still can't answer emails.  They have staff and it still only takes 6-8 weeks to get stuff out the door.  They have staff and they still haven't updated the news on their wordpress website.

Oh right. Bitcoin magazine.. how many times was it delayed now?

Pirate's been much more responsive than both your examples put together.  Some people just need something to bitch about it seems.

Yeah, really, are you pirate or a shill, or are you just deeply invested and deluding yourself? I mean you defend every aspect of his business at every opportunity even though it's clear he's at the very least an irresponsible retard, and at worst a huge scammer. How on EARTH can you think it's possible to have a legitimate business that returns 7% a week for months on end? And if you DID have a business that did that, wouldn't you work on paying your interest and getting the business to belong solely to you as quickly as possible (which wouldn't take long at that growth rate)? Then you would increase your profits greatly, instead of wasting it paying interest.

Nothing about this entire situation makes sense, and I feel kinda bad for anyone retarded enough to believe this shit is legitimate.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 05:58:41 PM

Yeah, really, are you pirate or a shill, or are you just deeply invested and deluding yourself? I mean you defend every aspect of his business at every opportunity even though it's clear he's at the very least an irresponsible retard, and at worst a huge scammer. How on EARTH can you think it's possible to have a legitimate business that returns 7% a week for months on end? And if you DID have a business that did that, wouldn't you work on paying your interest and getting the business to belong solely to you as quickly as possible (which wouldn't take long at that growth rate)? Then you would increase your profits greatly, instead of wasting it paying interest.

Nothing about this entire situation makes sense, and I feel kinda bad for anyone retarded enough to believe this shit is legitimate.

I'm not nor have I ever claimed pirate is without fault.  I am not pirate and many people who have met me in person can at least verify.  I don't live anywhere near Texas nor do I claim to be.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Timbert33

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:04:46 PM

I'm not nor have I ever claimed pirate is without fault.  I am not pirate and many people who have met me in person can at least verify.  I don't live anywhere near Texas nor do I claim to be.

Ahh, I apologize then. Just seems like I've seen a lot of your posts defending his actions, but they are usually kind of side points, not DIRECTLY defending him. But yeah, I don't understand how this whole situation got to this point lol. Guess that's what happens when you combine greed with business naivete, which appear to be qualities that many bitcoin users have plenty of each of.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:08:26 PM

Ahh, I apologize then. Just seems like I've seen a lot of your posts defending his actions, but they are usually kind of side points, not DIRECTLY defending him. But yeah, I don't understand how this whole situation got to this point lol. Guess that's what happens when you combine greed with business naivete, which appear to be qualities that many bitcoin users have plenty of each of.

I recognize there are similarities between what has happened with pirate versus what has happened with other scams, but it pisses me off when people outright lie and otherwise trash people without anything legitimate to back up what they say. 

EIEIO:

Bascule

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:38:46 PM

Imsaguy is running his own ponzi.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:43:44 PM

Nice try, but no.  It has a bunch of hardware behind it.  I've got plenty of people that will attest to that.

EIEIO:

Bascule

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:57:49 PM

Nice try, but no.  It has a bunch of hardware behind it.  I've got plenty of people that will attest to that.

You might have some hardware, but your enormously interesting opportunity is an enormously interesting Ponzi scheme.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 07:06:01 PM

You might have some hardware, but your enormously interesting opportunity is an enormously interesting Ponzi scheme.

Proof?

EIEIO:

Bascule

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:28:13 PM

Proof?

The proof needs to come from you, you're the one soliciting money.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 09:57:47 PM

Proof?

I don't prove it to people that start out calling me a ponzi.  Had you been an interested investor, it'd have been a different story.

EIEIO:

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 12:58:50 AM

Don't be delirious, pirate will not return your coins, instead he will sell those 500K coins, which will bring the exchange rate to 0.15-0.20 range, according to MtGox depth table.

as if he would sell them all at  once Roll Eyes

he could hold them for years if he does it right and make millions
Bascule

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:01:46 AM

Proof?

I don't prove it to people that start out calling me a ponzi.  Had you been an interested investor, it'd have been a different story.

Of course it would. Love the term investor BTW, it sounds so much more professional than sucker.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 06:35:47 AM

Proof?

Of course it would. Love the term investor BTW, it sounds so much more professional than sucker.

How about the term "Professional Sucker" ?
Serenata

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 08:22:19 AM

I've run companies larger than BST as CEO (not in finance) and honestly if I made those kinds of moves without telling the client base formally and correctly what they could expect from my changed business operations I'm quite sure the board would have canned me without the golden parachute attached.

He's a one man shop.  He doesn't have a staff.  He doesn't have a board.  Its just him.  With tons of people expecting 24x7 availability.  You're comparing apples to oranges.

Why is this??  He has Millions of dollars of coin.  Why doesn't he have a staff or assistants??

BFL has probably taken in less BTC then Pirate, they have staff..  The bitcoin magazine definately has taken in less, they have staff..

It depends on what his business is and how he wants to run it.

To answer the OP...
I think Pirate has made one mistake, he let his operation grow without setting some restrictions. This has led to BS&T taking too much of his time. I wouldn't mind re-investing again my profit (not my capital), if things turn out OK.

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:42:01 AM

I've run companies larger than BST as CEO (not in finance) and honestly if I made those kinds of moves without telling the client base formally and correctly what they could expect from my changed business operations I'm quite sure the board would have canned me without the golden parachute attached.

He's a one man shop.  He doesn't have a staff.  He doesn't have a board.  Its just him.  With tons of people expecting 24x7 availability.  You're comparing apples to oranges.

It depends on what his business is and how he wants to run it.

If it opens again its likely to be similar as last time
i will invest the coins but i cant tell you where or how etc ............or else i couldnt do what i do
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 01:32:39 PM

Proof?

Its called mining.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: