Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:16:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What can I do?  (Read 2159 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 01:26:58 PM

Guys I have his account already!
I told him that I would pay him another 0.02 for the account so he gave me the password and I changed it.

What should I do now???
Thanks!

If you're a man of your word, you can send 0.02BTC but if your intention was to get it by sort-of-lying, the. You don't want to pay. IMHO it is good to pay him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:02:56 PM

I told him that I would pay him another 0.02 for the account so he gave me the password and I changed it.

What should I do now???
Thanks!

If I can say my opinion, you should not pay him another 0.02 btc because he has already violated the "loan contract" and now it seems that he wants only blackmail you for gain another .02 btc. However the final choice is up to you, and I think no one will trust his exchange anymore.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:08:27 PM

What should I do now???
Thanks!

If you're a man of your word, you can send 0.02BTC but if your intention was to get it by sort-of-lying, the. You don't want to pay. IMHO it is good to pay him.

Good to pay him? LOL.

I wouldn't send him anything. That account is worthless now and you should expect more negative feedback that won't be removed.
Josef27

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:10:12 PM

Well, TXWA (It's the account, isn't it?) broke the deal first by changing back the account's password that supposed to be a collatelar for a loan, so he the one who is lying. So I recommend to keep the account until he pays the 0.025BTC

But its up to you.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:13:40 PM

He pulled an exit scam. There is a claim that he scammed $500 from one of his customers. The loan was most likely him trying to get an incremental amount from a victim, the additional.02 btc is just trying to get more. I would personally give the account back as it is probably not going to be worth the .04 that you will have paid for it.

I would take this as a learning opportunity for how to properly protect yourself.
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:19:53 PM

He pulled an exit scam. There is a claim that he scammed $500 from one of his customers. The loan was most likely him trying to get an incremental amount from a victim, the additional.02 btc is just trying to get more. I would personally give the account back as it is probably not going to be worth the .04 that you will have paid for it.

I would take this as a learning opportunity for how to properly protect yourself.

Not many ways to protect yourself against people like that. Scam was already done by the time he got the account. Even if he secured it, it would be worthless due to the negative feedback. Unless accounts with negative feedback can be used for sig campaigns?

Negative feedback should not be removed since it was linked to a scam exchange.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 02:21:04 PM

Good to pay him? LOL.
 =snip=

I said what I would have done.

One of the meaning of good: "Expressing approval".

Isn't it better to sell it? Although you won't get 0.02BTC by selling it, you can atleast get a small amount.

Also, as this is now a collateral, will it be marked with negative trust?

xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:25:03 PM

Good to pay him? LOL.
 =snip=

Isn't it better to sell it? Although you won't get 0.02BTC by selling it, you can atleast get a small amount.

Why would he pay another 0.02 and sell it for less then 0.04 (total he would have paid)?

It's linked to a scam exchange and negative feedback should not be removed. Should be left as a warning to those who haven't seen this and the scam accusation.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:25:31 PM

A double scam? No thanks, you should say to him " go fu*k yourself, you and your stupid exchange" and after open a scam accusation so everyone can left him a negative trust.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:26:31 PM

There is no way to protect yourself against people like that. Scam was already done by the time he got the account. Even if he secured it, it would be worthless due to the negative feedback. Unless accounts with negative feedback can be used for sig campaigns?

Negative feedback should not be removed since it was linked to a scam exchange.
Well you shouldn't accept accounts that are engaged in those kinds of business as even if he didn't scam, there is a chance the account would get negative feedback if they run into problems or start to have very poor communication.

This thread was opened roughly 12 hours prior to the thread saying they scammed, and the scam accusacation said they scammed the same day, so it is probable that he scammed after it was public that he stole the account back.

There are a small number of accounts that can be used in signature campaigns however generally only the very low paying ones accept negative trust and even then the campaign pays a reduced rate for negative trust. IMO it is really not worth it because you would be earning so little and probably not more then the value of your time.  
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:30:16 PM

Good to pay him? LOL.
 =snip=

the account is a member (almost full member) account and member accounts barely fetch more then .04 with neutral trust and there is barely a market for negative trust accounts and they are very hard to move. He would need to put a lot of effort into the account to get anything out of it at all.
jorjito25 (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:32:57 PM

I know the account is worthless now but im not paying him more or giving back.
Fuck him and his account!

I would like to get my 0.02 back but I think that I wont get it...

Guys Thank you very much for ur oppinions.

I dont know what to do with his account right now. ..
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:34:32 PM

I know the account is worthless now but im not paying him more or giving back.
Fuck him and his account!

I would like to get my 0.02 back but I think that I wont get it...

No Sad you won't receive back your 0.02 btc because he is a scammer, someone else should write a comment in his thread (so no one wil deposit his money on his scam exchange)
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:37:11 PM

Maybe if u guys remove the negative feedbacks I could sell the account in future...
That would be nice.
And now you know that im the owner of the account.
Other way ill put it on the bin! XD
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:41:21 PM

Maybe if u guys remove the negative feedbacks I could sell the account in future...
That would be nice.
And now you know that im the owner of the account.
Other way ill put it on the bin! XD

Sorry, mine won't be removed. Get negative feedback removed, he buys back the account and uses it for future scams when this all blows over. Right? He most likely knew negative feedback was coming which is why he offered it as collateral.. He probably didn't know you weren't going to secure it properly.

This is the risk of buying or accepting accounts as collateral.
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:46:18 PM

Yes u are right!
And any trusted person wants it? Can the account be use for something?

Anyway now everyone know that im not him so I think that I am a good person so... Why to carry all this red feedback?
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:12:36 PM

I came extremely close to trying to buy btc from this persons website. I am glad that now I have solid connections when I am trading. Sorry OP that this person did this. But like you said, who would have thought over $5.
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:15:15 PM

I came extremely close to trying to buy btc from this persons website. I am glad that now I have solid connections when I am trading. Sorry OP that this person did this. But like you said, who would have thought over $5.

Thanks! I know that is only 5 dollars but I cannot take out of my mind...  when I think that he won I feel too bad...
I wish the worst for him.

Edit: And I know that he will never be happy. That makes me feel right!
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:48:52 PM

This is what im doing with the account.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1017391.new#new

I want to get rid of it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: