Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miracles of Bible...  (Read 4601 times)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:39:55 PM

Every religion has some facts which we agree with or disagree with but we don't have a right to mock a religion

We absolutely do have the right to mock religion. Are you even aware of what happens when theists genuinely believe that nobody has the right to mock,disrespect or even question their religion? They are frequently found to be seeking to impress their never-present deity-of-choice by way of brutally murdering those who just happen to be the wrong flavour of their own religion, let alone the barbaric slaughter of intellectuals who may propose objective reasoning and critical thinking take precedence over the conditioned intellectual dishonesty that theism demands.

Oh, sure, YOUR religion ain't like that, right? Right?

But perhaps you need to consider that the same exact fallacious reasoning which convinces you your brand of 'special' is superior to other religion's brand of 'special', is what drives the fundamentalist justification for their heinous acts.

You are simply an apologist for theism and equally as guilty of fuelling hate within the fundie as their own warped belief system, by way of your tacit approval of the notion that nobody has the right to mock or criticise the 'deeply held' beliefs of those who are desperate to feel 'special'.

Sure, believe you are 'special' in a superior way to other theist flavours, which is what you must think otherwise you would elect to follow a brand that you felt was actually the 'right' one, but don't you dare think you are entitled to demand deference and respect for your infantile lack of intellectual integrity.

Just on the side note, the perfectly atheist commies and their "worshippers" did exactly the same Smiley.
Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:42:07 PM

I didn't say they were, I said that it is the same dysfunctional mindset required for theism as for racism and homophobia.

For what you call "racism" some IRL experience used to be enough Smiley.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:43:04 PM

Just on the side note, the perfectly atheist commies and their "worshippers" did exactly the same Smiley.

Ah, yes, the Atheists as Communists schtick, never get tired of hearing that old one.

Atheism is not Communism. Communism is Communism.

Forbidding religion is not the same as educating people enough to intellectually understand why religion is delusional nonsense.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:44:27 PM

I don't understand what you mean by this, could you expand on it?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:13:24 PM

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:32:00 PM

Again, it appears you are implying that the Communist practice of forbidding religion is equal to the Atheist position of rejecting the theist assertion for the fact it is a fallacious argument.

Care to explain why?

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:07:01 PM

Ah, yes, the Atheists as Communists schtick, never get tired of hearing that old one.
Atheism is not Communism. Communism is Communism.
Forbidding religion is not the same as educating people enough to intellectually understand why religion is delusional nonsense.

Commies, in fact were atheists. I'm not saying that all atheists are commies. What I'm saying is some atheists are acting pretty similar way as religious fanatics at their best when someone talking about God in their presence.

I don't understand what you mean by this, could you expand on it?

If you encounter the same harmful behavioural pattens several times from some ethnic groups then you will naturally form preconceptions.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:12:34 PM

The world of religion is becoming history and atheism is simply not a bad word anymore. That is what I think led to the current arguments that attempt to tie atheism with something people don't like. Or to try arguing that it is really a religion. A religion without a God?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 08:49:29 PM

Again, it appears you are implying that the Communist practice of forbidding religion is equal to the Atheist position of rejecting the theist assertion for the fact it is a fallacious argument.

Care to explain why?

re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms:   faith, belief, worship, creed; More
a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"
a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
"consumerism is the new religion"

God does not exist under communism. Yet as social creatures humans need a figure to worship. This is why you have a red square with a gigantic portrait of the one who had replaced God, Lenin, Stalin mummified, etc... The cult of personality under communist societies is the answer of forbidding one opium and replace it with another mummified cancer...

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:55:42 AM

Commies, in fact were atheists. I'm not saying that all atheists are commies. What I'm saying is some atheists are acting pretty similar way as religious fanatics at their best when someone talking about God in their presence.

Make up your mind which point you're trying to make here. I don't think anybody claimed that Communists were not Atheists, but there is a massive distinction between being told that religion is forbidden by the State and having the intellectual capability yourself to recognise the multiple fallacies required to maintain a religious 'belief' based on dogma.

As for your "I'm not saying that all atheists are commies", why bring it up then? Atheism is, by definition, *solely* a position held by a person which rejects the theist position on the basis that it is a logically fallacious assertion.

Communism is absolutely some else entirely, but I get that theists like to, as RodeoX quite rightly pointed out, attempt to demonise-by-association a word which has long since lost its negative image as more people have gained the intellectual capability to properly understand what it actually means.

Atheism is a religion like "Not collecting stamps" is a hobby.

If you encounter the same harmful behavioural pattens several times from some ethnic groups then you will naturally form preconceptions.

That's called prejudice.

But you need to understand the major difference between the fact that knowing somebody is a theist, from which you can reasonably apply a set of values that person must have without ever meeting them, and knowing somebody has, say, black skin, from which you cannot reasonably assert any values as skin colour does not tell you a single thing about the type of person they are.

Quote from: Snail2
Yet as social creatures humans need a figure to worship.

That's a baseless assumption you are attempting to imply is a fact in order to bolster your position. Being 'social creatures' does not correlate with 'needing' a figure to 'worship'.

The two things are unrelated.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:58:00 PM

Make up your mind which point you're trying to make here. I don't think anybody claimed that Communists were not Atheists, but there is a massive distinction between being told that religion is forbidden by the State and having the intellectual capability yourself to recognise the multiple fallacies required to maintain a religious 'belief' based on dogma.

As for your "I'm not saying that all atheists are commies", why bring it up then? Atheism is, by definition, *solely* a position held by a person which rejects the theist position on the basis that it is a logically fallacious assertion.

Communism is absolutely some else entirely, but I get that theists like to, as RodeoX quite rightly pointed out, attempt to demonise-by-association a word which has long since lost its negative image as more people have gained the intellectual capability to properly understand what it actually means.

Atheism is a religion like "Not collecting stamps" is a hobby.

That's called prejudice.

But you need to understand the major difference between the fact that knowing somebody is a theist, from which you can reasonably apply a set of values that person must have without ever meeting them, and knowing somebody has, say, black skin, from which you cannot reasonably assert any values as skin colour does not tell you a single thing about the type of person they are.

Quote from: Snail2
Yet as social creatures humans need a figure to worship.

That's a baseless assumption you are attempting to imply is a fact in order to bolster your position. Being 'social creatures' does not correlate with 'needing' a figure to 'worship'.

The two things are unrelated.

Why can't communism be communism without a centralized daddy like figure to guide its people? Because communism needs sheep to slaughter. That is what history has told us thus far, with millions of dead sheep as proof... Way more than any free, any free market driven societies...

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:06:38 PM

Why can't communism be communism without a centralized daddy like figure to guide its people? Because communism needs sheep to slaughter. That is what history has told us thus far, with millions of dead sheep as proof... Way more than any free, any free market driven societies...

Again with the forced association of atheism with Communism, why?

This is not a discussion about communism, this is about theism and atheism, why are you repeatedly bringing in a social system that is nothing to do with atheism and everything to do with communism?

Snail2
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:03:18 PM

This is not a discussion about communism, this is about theism and atheism, why are you repeatedly bringing in a social system that is nothing to do with atheism and everything to do with communism?

They are the most prolific atheists in history. Naturally everybody associating atheism with Communism.

Communism isn't just a social system it's a full featured ideology with it's own moral and ethics, basically a kind of religion.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:26:04 PM

They are the most prolific atheists in history. Naturally everybody associating atheism with Communism.

Communism isn't just a social system it's a full featured ideology with it's own moral and ethics, basically a kind of religion.

That still does not excuse the repeated attempts to create the dishonest association between Communism and Atheism. The Communists also ate bread, does that mean everybody who eats bread is a communist and a discussion about bread should, in fact, be about Communism instead?

They did not dictate that atheism be the norm in order to promote atheism as an intellectual position, they dictated atheism be the norm because they did not want to lose control of the people to the Russian Orthodox Church.

To question those at the top of any powerful organisation is to be a threat to that organisation.

The Chinese, for example are predominantly atheist, yet they still believe no end of superstitious nonsense because their atheism is not one borne of rejecting theism as an unsound premise because, if that was the case, they would also reject their superstitious claptrap too.

So, yet again, we are back at this situation where you are desperately still trying to make excuses for your false insistence that atheism should be associated with Communism simply because you want it to be in order to paint it as negatively as possible rather than actually being honest enough to acknowledge that Atheism is simply the rejection of the theist assertion, "There is a God", on the basis that said assertion is baseless.

Where does the rejection of a fallacious assertion equal sociopolitical ideology? I'll answer that for you - It doesn't.

Are you ready to be honest about your 'Holy' book's origins yet?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:29:37 PM

Yep.

Not all atheists are communists, far, far from it. But if you do not belong to the liberation theology mindset, and you are a communist, then you cannot believe in any deity. It is that simple.

Yet we are all wired to believe and trust as social creatures. That is why you have a delicatessen disguised as a mausoleum  with a mummified piece of green meat deity inside, still worshiped by millions...

A strawman is a strawman is a strawman and communism is still a cancer, even for atheists... No miracle cures for that fact. Not even in 2000 years.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:33:23 PM

* I am not telling what you think isn't right or wrong.

Well I am telling you that in order for you to believe that *any* religious book contains truthful answers to the questions of life you have opted to employ fallacious reasoning or, for that matter, you are insufficiently able to practice objective reasoning or critical thinking.

For you to 'choose' the Islamic version of 'truth' is no difference to any other theism. Your book contains statements which purport to be true, yet common sense would tell you, for instance, that if I were to say to you that I had a vision of a god speaking to me while I was having an epileptic fit, chances are pretty damn likely the experience I had was caused by neurological misfiring taking place.

But because your book is chock full of 'mystical' woo and magic, which you again fail to question sufficiently, you choose to believe that your 'prophet' was, indeed, a messenger spoken to regularly by a god.

Because, you know, he said so.

Your failure to recognise that him saying so is no different, IN ANY WAY, from me saying so, is why your erroneously believing you have a worthwhile investment in that particular brand of intellectual dishonesty, continues to deceive the one small part of your mind that is capable of acknowledging that you're not being particularly honest about how you choose to look at your theism-of-choice.

I get that everybody wants answers to the deep, meaningful, questions. What I don't get is the willingness most show towards simply accepting when one person, or a group of people, profess to have those answers and that all you have to do is accept their word for it. In any other aspect of your life you would not accept that, but when it comes to theism, you give it a 'special' pass on looking too closely at it for fear of seeing all the cracks and flaws it is riddled with.

Here's something for you, to keep this post on topic, most American Christians profess their love of the Bible, particularly the King James Version, which is full of 'thee' and 'thou' and much in the way of olde-worlde English terms and phrases. Except that at the time King James commissioned it, most people didn't actually speak that way anymore, but he specifically required his version of the Bible maintain the old-fashioned-even-for-back-then style of language because he felt, quite rightly it turned out, that people would be more inclined to feel it had gravitas and deep meaning.

So, today, we see the Xtian yanks citing Bible quote after Bible quote with their hearts aflutter at the use of 'thee' and 'thou' etc. etc. completely oblivious to the fact that it is an artificial spin on the original texts.

Well, this is only your belief. So, it is your religion. In a test of religions, I wonder whose would show true strength?

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:37:00 PM

Not all atheists are communists, far, far from it. But if you do not belong to the liberation theology mindset, and you are a communist, then you cannot believe in any deity. It is that simple.

Yet we are all wired to believe and trust as social creatures. That is why you have a delicatessen disguised as a mausoleum  with a mummified piece of green meat deity inside, still worshiped by millions...

A strawman is a strawman is a strawman and communism is still a cancer, even for atheists... No miracle cures for that fact. Not even in 2000 years.

Why the fuck are you still talking about communism? What has communism got to do with this discussion? We are talking atheism and theism, Christianity and Islam's 'holy'books, and you appear to be so afraid of a rational discussion involving objective reasoning that you keep derailing the thread to make multiple posts about communism.

If you want to talk about communism, make a thread for it.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:37:33 PM

Atheism is a religion because, we don't have enough knowledge to say for a fact that God doesn't exist, and because there is a lot of evidence in nature that suggests that He does exist.

So, is that the way that communism becomes a religion? Is it simply that communists believe that God doesn't exist that makes communism a religion?

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:39:05 PM

Why the fuck are you still talking about communism? What has communism got to do with this discussion? We are talking atheism and theism, Christianity and Islam's 'holy'books, and you appear to be so afraid of a rational discussion involving objective reasoning that you keep derailing the thread to make multiple posts about communism.

If you want to talk about communism, make a thread for it.

You jokers are so funny when you become emotional in a logical talk.     Grin

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:47:45 PM

Well, this is only your belief. So, it is your religion. In a test of religions, I wonder whose would show true strength?

BADecker, you are a psychotic troll who either is incapable of forming an intelligent argument or you refuse to. Even other theists see how unhinged and bizarre your assertions are.

My assertions are not a 'belief' they are well-reasoned and supported logical arguments. Atheism is to religion like 'Off' is a TV Channel.

:rolleyes:

What is it about theism that encourages so much dishonesty? Don't bother answering that, it is patently clear why it does because it is fundamentally about being dishonest otherwise it cannot survive.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: