Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How low before you buy in?  (Read 3949 times)
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:47:16 PM

Bitcoin is like anything new on the net, acceptance takes time, could be a year, could be 10. There is no point trying to rush things because we'll be rushing to nowhere and when it collapses under its own weight it will put folks off for good, there's competition coming. Better to build up slowly on solid foundations and beat them simply by being better.

+1  - I feel the same way.  I am currently working on projects to help build more plumbing for BTC.   I am watching the charts and will be making some purchases once I see what I am looking for.   That goodness for reading all those technical analysis books.

D

You guys don't get it, do you? How are these ridiculous price swings helping? It's good to put people off because that helps build a solid foundation? This is the silliest thing I have ever heard. So if Bitcoin would swing even more wildly, it would be even better? If liquidity is even less than now, this is great?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:49:31 PM

Bitcoin is like anything new on the net, acceptance takes time, could be a year, could be 10. There is no point trying to rush things because we'll be rushing to nowhere and when it collapses under its own weight it will put folks off for good, there's competition coming. Better to build up slowly on solid foundations and beat them simply by being better.

+1  - I feel the same way.  I am currently working on projects to help build more plumbing for BTC.   I am watching the charts and will be making some purchases once I see what I am looking for.   That goodness for reading all those technical analysis books.

D

You guys don't get it, do you? How are these ridiculous price swings helping? It's good to put people off because that helps build a solid foundation? This is the silliest thing I have ever heard. So if Bitcoin would swing even more wildly, it would be even better? If liquidity is even less than now, this is great?

especially if all it takes is for one guy to influence the whole market......
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 06:03:56 PM

D

These swings are caused by a few people with large caches dumping their accounts. We are paying for the stupidity of people trusting unsecured wallets. When folks stop giving away their money to scammers, Bitcoin price will go up and stabilize.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 06:08:33 PM

D

These swings are caused by a few people with large caches dumping their accounts. We are paying for the stupidity of people trusting unsecured wallets. When folks stop giving away their money to scammers, Bitcoin price will go up and stabilize.
You've listed three unrelated and probably untrue things as if its meant to make sense... did you mean to do that?

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 06:15:57 PM

D

You've listed three unrelated and probably untrue things as if its meant to make sense... did you mean to do that?
Unrelated? Sure they are complexly related, but not unrelated. There are many different types of scams and/or poorly designed business operations, and it's hard to tell the difference. I simply don't trust anyone with *my* Bitcoin except an exchange for a short time.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 07:13:44 PM

OK, sellers I have started to set orders - from the difference I made on the way down. Only a couple 1000 $$$, for now, but I'll make bigger and bigger orders on the way down if you insist giving me your coins cheaper and cheaper.

And just for your motivation: These orders are from the profit I made on the way down so far.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.