Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:30:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek officials have previously pointed to Russia as a possible alternative sour  (Read 2392 times)
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:08:50 PM

They only have 2 ways out from this dead end:

1) Go on with the reforms and keep paying the debt, which will frustrate everyone that voted them.
2) Take the risk and become sovereign, with the possibility of shit backfiring and ending up even worse.

It makes sense to take the risk and become sovereign, thus defaulting on their debt, but to go on with reforms paying out the debt? I guess most Greeks think that someone else should pay for the reforms in question, and to a point I understand them...
Most of the debt is not legitimate, it's not Greek's citizens that their politicians were corrupted for decades piling up debt and more debt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 03:42:22 PM

They only have 2 ways out from this dead end:

1) Go on with the reforms and keep paying the debt, which will frustrate everyone that voted them.
2) Take the risk and become sovereign, with the possibility of shit backfiring and ending up even worse.

It makes sense to take the risk and become sovereign, thus defaulting on their debt, but to go on with reforms paying out the debt? I guess most Greeks think that someone else should pay for the reforms in question, and to a point I understand them...
Most of the debt is not legitimate, it's not Greek's citizens that their politicians were corrupted for decades piling up debt and more debt.

How is it not legitimate? I guess, to make it no longer legitimate the Greek populace should make revolution and topple their government by force. But then the Greek property abroad could be confiscated as retaliatory measures taken by the holders of debt (if there is any, of course)...

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:23:50 AM

Grexit is the only solution for Greece. Once out Greece needs to re align itself with healthier and less corrupt political and socio economic practices. Greeks should not only unite in the marches against this and that but should work harder and become stronger as a nation. When every mother wants to send her son or daughter to university but no one wants to go back to the villages and work the land, therein you have the main problem we have in my home country Greece..  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
leen93

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:48:27 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/greece-will-need-to-tap-2-billion-from-public-funds-to-pay-its-civil-service-workers-at-the-end-of-the-month-10186486.html

Greece will need to tap €2 billion from public funds to pay its civil service workers at the end of the month

News is getting worse and worse every day...
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:13:37 PM

Well, the Tsipras-Putin turned out to be a non event. I guess Greece doesn't have much which could be of any interest to Russia.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:58:40 PM

Well, the Tsipras-Putin turned out to be a non event. I guess Greece doesn't have much which could be of any interest to Russia.

Well theoretically they could offer a transit corridor for Russian gas. But even that did not materialize:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russia-hasnt-reached-deal-3-145340961.html

I any case, I really doubt the funds received from this cooperation would have been sufficient to significantly improve the situation.

If there is any cooperation between Greece and Russia, you can expect that Russia will ensure they don't waste money like the EU did. Putin is smart, he might use Greece for strategic purposes to split up the EU.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 02:22:18 PM

China will play an important role as well, since the Chinese are really interested in the Piraeus port. Russian and China will probably help Greece for exchanges like the Piraeus port etc.

Greece can sell the Piraeus port and pass a law to get it back later.

Laws and massive armies do not mix.  Screwing over China AND russia is up there with the stupidest moves in history.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 04:16:47 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/greece-will-need-to-tap-2-billion-from-public-funds-to-pay-its-civil-service-workers-at-the-end-of-the-month-10186486.html

Greece will need to tap €2 billion from public funds to pay its civil service workers at the end of the month

News is getting worse and worse every day...
Everyone that isnt a naive kid knows that the debts will never get paid. It really comes down to how fast is it refinanced with new debt. That rate has to be below a certain level to be acceptable.

The ECB will be implementing QE within the next 4 months. There may be an unstated side deal here for the ECB to buy up lots of Greek new issues,, especially if there is a market shortage of other Eurozone bonds.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:16:43 PM

Well theoretically they could offer a transit corridor for Russian gas. But even that did not materialize:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russia-hasnt-reached-deal-3-145340961.html

I any case, I really doubt the funds received from this cooperation would have been sufficient to significantly improve the situation.

If there is any cooperation between Greece and Russia, you can expect that Russia will ensure they don't waste money like the EU did. Putin is smart, he might use Greece for strategic purposes to split up the EU.

ya.ya.yo!

Wow, I hadn't seen that coming. Could be big.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/22/business/international/greece-tsipras-russia-gazprom-pipeline.html?_r=0

A lot will depend on Italy, it would the first customer.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:51:56 PM

Greece and Russia would seem to be an unstable alliance, but I do not live in either nor am an expert.

Yes, Russia could build their NatGas pipeline through Greece, that would be good for both countries, but as mentioned above, there is not all that much money in it for Greece.

Ah, without good collateral, I doubt that Russia or China would loan Greece much money.  No help there!  I don´t see Russia ponying up billions of Euros to help Greece when Russia has its own problems.

Unless Russia and/or China gets a naval base.  That would be a game changer.  But, how would Greeks feel about that?  And would the Greeks be able to "pass a new law to take them back"?  Hmm...
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:55:33 PM

Laws and massive armies do not mix.  Screwing over China AND russia is up there with the stupidest moves in history.

Do you think that the Russians and the Chinese will invade Greece if their assets are forcibly nationalized? I don't think so. A war can be extremely expensive. It can cost more than $100 billion. A loss of $2b or $3b arising out of forcible nationalization is nothing when compared to it. Arbitration courts are a much better option.
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:35:30 PM

i don't think that anybody will give Greece money without getting something. They started selling islands in order to collect money. That is a very bad situation they are in but that is life everybody has ups and downs Smiley
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:32:38 AM

Russia has no money ,thay can be bankrupt in two years,chinse,thay already bought Pireus port,but thay are not intersted in keepin greece economy alive
Important point is that Greece is Nato member and USAdont want let go Greece in Russia or Chinaarms ,becouuse of his geopolitical location

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:14:14 AM

Russia has no money ,thay can be bankrupt in two years,chinse,thay already bought Pireus port,but thay are not intersted in keepin greece economy alive
Important point is that Greece is Nato member and USAdont want let go Greece in Russia or Chinaarms ,becouuse of his geopolitical location

If Russia sells energy for bitcoin, not USD, then it will have some hard money. USD is controlled by US.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:48:25 AM

If Russia sells energy for bitcoin, not USD, then it will have some hard money. USD is controlled by US.

You nerds gotta bring bitcoin everywhere, even when there's a situation where a country is selling energy, you want the transaction to be in bitcoins. First of all, if such a trade takes place, US will be 10x suspicious and plan aggressive tactics against Russia. Russia doesn't want that attention, it wants to stay prepared and defeat U.S with smart tactics and not head to head war. Why the fuck would they sell energy for bitcoin anyway? WHY? To stay anonymous? Seriously?
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:24:35 AM

You nerds gotta bring bitcoin everywhere, even when there's a situation where a country is selling energy, you want the transaction to be in bitcoins. First of all, if such a trade takes place, US will be 10x suspicious and plan aggressive tactics against Russia. Russia doesn't want that attention, it wants to stay prepared and defeat U.S with smart tactics and not head to head war. Why the fuck would they sell energy for bitcoin anyway? WHY? To stay anonymous? Seriously?

If Russia does such a horrendous thing to sell energy disregarding the fact that about how much danger it puts them into, it would still end pretty badly for them. First of all, I don't think so they need to do that. U.S and Russia going on a war is something which can actually happen, guys. Russia has the best resources and even if they don't have a lot of money, I don't think they have debt anywhere close to the US.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: