Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is strategy  (Read 1372 times)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 10:49:37 AM

I going to go about my business. No investing in miners, altcoins, etc, etc, etc. I am simply just going to try and forget it.

Yeah, I
its so hard to just leave your investment and forget about it. For me I just want to invest in altcoins, because their fluctuations are more frequent. And with the bitcoin price lowering, its not looking too good.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 12:13:30 PM

I also believe that this is a nice strategy. We may see another drop or two. We're not safe yet. Maybe even a new long-time low. But that strategy is a very good one if you believe in Bitcoin's long-term success! (I do, as well)

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:45:17 PM

I have fallen out of the bitcoin world many months back. I'm starting to think the dust has settled now.

I setup coinbase to buy $10 a day of the next year and a half until the next block halving sometime in 2016.

I going to go about my business. No investing in miners, altcoins, etc, etc, etc. I am simply just going to try and forget it.

That's how I did it... got in and forgot about it... ok well, I am still active in some Bitcoin forums of course Cheesy
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 04:55:23 PM

I have fallen out of the bitcoin world many months back. I'm starting to think the dust has settled now.

I setup coinbase to buy $10 a day of the next year and a half until the next block halving sometime in 2016.

A prudent strategy in any form of investing, you are basically dollar cost averaging, therefore you are less likely to be affected by price swings. Best of luck to you!

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:59:40 PM

I also believe that this is a nice strategy. We may see another drop or two. We're not safe yet. Maybe even a new long-time low. But that strategy is a very good one if you believe in Bitcoin's long-term success! (I do, as well)

if you really believe in the long term future of bitcoin then you can just sit and relax. but that's not the case for a lot people. they say i'm in for the long term, but as soon as the price drops they quickly sell. called weak hands.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:13:55 PM

if you really believe in the long term future of bitcoin then you can just sit and relax. but that's not the case for a lot people. they say i'm in for the long term, but as soon as the price drops they quickly sell. called weak hands.

if you really believe in the long term of bitcoin, you should buy more, not just hold and sit there, thus i seconded the choice of the OP, a good strategy indeed, but in my case i would do only 5, well it depend on how many money you can afford to lose
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 12:00:59 PM

I do it for the thrills

Skeksis

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:09:38 PM

Boring. Where's the fun and excitement in that? I've gotten back into mining! Seems that the value of Bitcoin and the difficulty of mining have throttled each other so now times are good to get back in!

I don't think it's boring. Sure mining looks exciting but most can't afford to get into it. I think buying a little what you can afford and holding it until the halving would be a good idea. You could trade in the meantime for a bit of excitement but that's risky and you could lose it all.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: