Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Turkish Muslims now permitted to use toilet paper  (Read 1880 times)
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 01:06:32 PM

In addition to other religious threads.

http://rt.com/news/247857-turkey-muslims-toilet-paper/

“If water cannot be found for cleansing, other cleaning materials can be used. Even though some sources deem paper to be unsuitable as a cleaning material, as it is an apparatus for writing, there is no problem in using toilet paper,” the ruling says, as reported by Hurriyet Daily News.

Congratulations.

P.S. But water is better anyway. Cheesy
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:05:32 PM

In addition to other religious threads.

http://rt.com/news/247857-turkey-muslims-toilet-paper/

“If water cannot be found for cleansing, other cleaning materials can be used. Even though some sources deem paper to be unsuitable as a cleaning material, as it is an apparatus for writing, there is no problem in using toilet paper,” the ruling says, as reported by Hurriyet Daily News.

Congratulations.

P.S. But water is better anyway. Cheesy

Read:

The use of toilet paper has been declared halal by Turkey's religious authority Diyanet, after centuries of forbiddance by Islamic toilet etiquette. The Turkish Directorate of Religious Affairs has issued a fatwa (Muslim religious ruling) stating that it's now acceptable to use toilet paper for personal hygiene, but only if water is nowhere to be found.

It is a "country religion" decision, I think it doesn't exist any law in Islam that forbid you to use toilet paper (but maybe I am wrong). This is the first time that I have read a news of this type.
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:06:08 PM

I think it doesn't exist any law in Islam that forbid you to use toilet paper
Unfortunately it does, though it's not prohibited directly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_toilet_etiquette
http://www.myreligionislam.com/detail.asp?Aid=6096

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:05:10 PM

Turkey is widely considered as the most progressive Muslim nation in the world. If these sort of stories are coming out from there, what we can expect from countries such as Saudi Arabia and Sudan, which are considered as some of the most orthodox?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:42:47 PM

uhm - from a scientific view toilet paper is big nonsense.
the best way to clean yourself after the big buisness is water (bidet) or (baby) wipes, although the last might be problematic cause of allergies.

there are several studies about it, im just to lazy right now to google it Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:44:13 PM

"For cleaning, one should use water, three stones, or one's left hand."

How does the three stones work?

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:15:44 PM

What is this nonesense? I have been using toilet paper since I was a kid. It is not a "restriction". It is just hygiene tips. And since when toilet paper was a better choice than a bidet (That if some idiots here still think Muslims think they should use one and prohibited from the other or a combination of both.)

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:18:29 PM

What is this nonesense? I have been using toilet paper since I was a kid. It is not a "restriction". It is just hygiene tips. And since when toilet paper was a better choice than a bidet (That if some idiots here still think Muslims think they should use one and prohibited from the other or a combination of both.)

Are you a muslim? So Was I correct in my thought?

It is a "country religion" decision, I think it doesn't exist any law in Islam that forbid you to use toilet paper (but maybe I am wrong). This is the first time that I have read a news of this type.

I am asking this because I want to know more, and it is better to know from a muslim instead search on google. Let me know thanks. If you will say it is not a "law" in the Islam then the OP is wrong.
lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:10:48 PM

I am asking this because I want to know more, and it is better to know from a muslim instead search on google. Let me know thanks. If you will say it is not a "law" in the Islam then the OP is wrong.

Yes I am a Muslim yes I am from the deepest of the deepest place in the Muslim world and yes toilet paper is very foreign to us, Now for the other readers instead of the "EwwwEwww". Listen to this story:

One time I was in Thailand going out with a group of friends and one of them was from the Netherlands. We literally talked for ten minutes about shitting. He was telling me how an amazing experience it was for him to use the floor seating toilet. Thai people know  how it aligns the lower colon. Also he was amazed by the idea of the bidet. But also how toilet paper was still important to wipe whatever was stuck in between the cheeks and well some of us are hairy down there and needs the friction of the paper. We settled the conversation that the combination of Toilet paper, Bidet and floor seating is the cleanest best experience that will leave you feeling "clean" and refreshed.

Moral of the story? Most of us don't even know how to shit properly. We will learn when we have the balls to actually discuss shitting.

People shit differently in the this world. The way we sit, How to clean and what do we use to clean our behind. It is mazing how this did not progress and I think it is because we all kinda "ashamed" of something so natural and so basic as the "call of nature".

Now back to you my friend, redsn0w:
All this came from one thing that the prophet Mohammad said. And he said it only once. I think it is pretty obvious and whoever would think it is a restriction needs to calm down and actually listen. What he said is the following:

"When you have to go to the empty land, Use water to clean yourself. If you cannot find any, Find any leafs, if you cannot find any, Use stones to wipe". Empty land is an old polite arab way of saying -Going to answer the nature's call-

To me that means dude, clean your ass after you shit. Find the best way that would be cleaner but if you can't seek another and another, just CLEAN after you are done.

For some, and I still can't see why, they think that it means NO, use only water.. but f you can't then siiigh.... hmmm...shiiiit.... yes yes allright I guess you can use toilet paper..... I don't like it though.... but yeah you can......

If someone here think it meant that, then you sir are an EPIC idiot. Good day

(I don't think red sn0w thinks that, just saying because idiots around here would think I meant that)

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:21:15 PM

Yes I am a Muslim yes I am from the deepest of the deepest place in the Muslim world and yes toilet paper is very foreign to us, Now for the other readers instead of the "EwwwEwww". Listen to this story:

One time I was in Thailand going out with a group of friends and one of them was from the Netherlands. We literally talked for ten minutes about shitting. He was telling me how an amazing experience it was for him to use the floor seating toilet. Thai people know  how it aligns the lower colon. Also he was amazed by the idea of the bidet. But also how toilet paper was still important to wipe whatever was stuck in between the cheeks and well some of us are hairy down there and needs the friction of the paper. We settled the conversation that the combination of Toilet paper, Bidet and floor seating is the cleanest best experience that will leave you feeling "clean" and refreshed.

Moral of the story? Most of us don't even know how to shit properly. We will learn when we have the balls to actually discuss shitting.

People shit differently in the this world. The way we sit, How to clean and what do we use to clean our behind. It is mazing how this did not progress and I think it is because we all kinda "ashamed" of something so natural and so basic as the "call of nature".

All this came from one thing that the prophet Mohammad said. And he said it only once. I think it is pretty obvious and whoever would think it is a restriction needs to calm down and actually listen. What he said is the following:

"When you have to go to the empty land, Use water to clean yourself. If you cannot find any, Find any leafs, if you cannot find any, Use stones to wipe". Empty land is an old polite arab way of saying -Going to answer the nature's call-

To me that means dude, clean your ass after you shit. Find the best way that would be cleaner but if you can't seek another and another, just CLEAN after you are done.

For some, and I still can't see why, they think that it means NO, use only water.. but f you can't then siiigh.... hmmm...shiiiit.... yes yes allright I guess you can use toilet paper..... I don't like it though.... but yeah you can......

(I don't think red sn0w thinks that, just saying because idiots around here would think I meant that)

i agree, but most of the religious fundamentalist have no access to common sense  Undecided
(not even talking about science)

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:25:02 PM

I think Japan wins when it comes to cleaning your ass, their toilets do it for you (and dry you with warm air).  Wish we had this in the states, toilet paper is nasty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan
lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:28:53 PM

I think Japan wins when it comes to cleaning your ass, their toilets do it for you (and dry you with warm air).  Wish we had this in the states, toilet paper is nasty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan

YEAH that was AMAZING when I tried it for the first time. But it doesnt beat the control the bidet gives you. But still it is  pretty cool feature (Tried it in Terminal Mall in Bangcock)

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:00:13 AM

nightmarish to be a geologist there- you'd have a country fulla shit covered rocks to study,
based on the number of shits people had taken over the millenia.

This is no joke. Being a geologist is a tough job. During my studies, there were times when I had to wander through uninhabited regions all alone, walking 30 km every day in search of some crappy rock sample. Although I had a brief stint as a geologist, I believe that I made the right choice by shifting to the GIS sector 10 years ago.  Grin
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:12:52 AM

One time I was in Thailand going out with a group of friends and one of them was from the Netherlands. We literally talked for ten minutes about shitting. He was telling me how an amazing experience it was for him to use the floor seating toilet. Thai people know  how it aligns the lower colon. Also he was amazed by the idea of the bidet. But also how toilet paper was still important to wipe whatever was stuck in between the cheeks and well some of us are hairy down there and needs the friction of the paper. We settled the conversation that the combination of Toilet paper, Bidet and floor seating is the cleanest best experience that will leave you feeling "clean" and refreshed.

Thanks for the reply (and also for the story) now I understood it is only a result (if there isn't present water, etc). Innit, I knew it was only another useless article and not 100% real., have a nice day.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:03:38 AM

Hmm. I know a couple of Turkish guys but none of them had any issue with using toilet paper. Maybe they are not that strictly religious.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 10:16:24 AM

=snip=
=snip=

=snip=

After reading your post, I've become convinced that Japenese "How To" toilets signs needs to be replicated & deployed worlwide.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:22:16 PM

Hmm. I know a couple of Turkish guys but none of them had any issue with using toilet paper. Maybe they are not that strictly religious.

Most of the Turks were not that religious two decades ago. But times are changing. Ever since Recep Tayyip Erdoğan got the power, Islamism have been creeping up there. The secular character of the Turkish state have been completely lost.
lophie

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:27:18 PM

My friend once told me that he'd never buy any street food in a Muslim country, because they are used to wiping their butts with their hands and then proceed to prepare food. Hygene is a real problem especially in the poor regions and their religion doesn't help here. Really how many Muslims have bidets? 10%?

90%. The concept of toilet paper is foreigner to most of them.

Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:01:13 PM

Russian Today ....... printed can be used as toilet paper LoL
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:48:56 AM

Russian Today ....... printed can be used as toilet paper LoL

Russia Today is a TV channel, which is popular across the globe. It is not a form of printed media. Hah... and for toilet paper, you can use the Kiev Post. Suits the purpose better.

http://www.kyivpost.com/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: