Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:49:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Australia's Finest Beef Jerky  (Read 4610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
OCD JERKY (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 05:00:27 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 11:33:28 AM by OCD JERKY

Hello,

We are a beef jerky startup making a move into the bitcoin space. We love jerky and bitcoin -Two of the greatest things there are. Heres our first post introducing ourselves: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020001.0

https://i.imgur.com/BrihtQA.png
The Jerky:

Premium quality handcrafted beef. Only the finest herbs, spices and sauces are used to flavour prime Aussie beef. Marinated for 24hrs and charcoal filter air dried.

A modern gourmet delicacy inspired by traditional culture. OCD’s artisan craftsmen are devoted to producing the worlds finest beef products. Never before has there been such luxury in handcrafted goods.

Our online store is now set up and live with BTC payments! We thought we would set up our thread here to make some friends and build our reputation. It is also quite fun trading like this  Grin

We want jerky fans to come forward and announce yourselves!

There are 5 delicious flavours: Original, Double black (American hickory smoke), lime cracked pepper(SOLD OUT FOR SUMMER RELEASE), Original heat (chilli) and Cracked pepper.

Tell us what you think, which is your favourite flavour?

We ship worldwide!

28g: $4 USD
50g: $6 USD
128g: $12 USD
250g: $21 USD

Any orders through this thread have a %10 discount on the jerky and if you use our online stall make sure that you use the %10 discount code "bitcoin" Wink

Tell me more about what you do with your bitcoins? We dont convert them to fiat. We save them and grow them!

International shipping up to 1kg $16 USD

If you like you can also order here with fiat http://www.ocdjerky.com/

98problems

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:30:56 PM

international shipping price is really high its even not worth buying it because of that

MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:55:45 PM

I would buy so much of this if shipping to the USA was cheaper  Cry

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
OCD JERKY (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 04:48:04 PM

I would buy so much of this if shipping to the USA was cheaper  Cry

international shipping price is really high its even not worth buying it because of that

Good news gets better!

We don't want shipping to deter any jerky lovers so were going to reduce shipping to $16USD and absorb the cost for a short period. Don't forget, were also offering a %10 discount on the jerky Wink 

We found the average shipping price to be $21USD. Some countries are expensive and others fairly priced. Our idea was to throw in a 28g if the destination was under and bear the cost of an expensive country until we optimise our system. In future I think we will develop custom pricing for each continent and search for deals with our shipping friends.

The two gentlemen above scored a free 28g 5 flavour pack each! Were going to cover the shipping and even throw in a few stickers.

Were always going to look after bitcoiners. We love community feedback and appreciate your thoughts. By listening to what people think we can keep on improving!
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:41:08 PM

Where does it ship from?
OCD JERKY (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 06:16:46 PM

Haha, nice one!

It is made in our super-lab: Perth, Western Australia. Also ships from Perth.

ThunderCatSteve

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:19:03 PM

:c Damn.. Can't afford any right now... but payday..hahaha yup..gonna get some on payday hopefully.
OCD JERKY (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 06:23:44 PM

:c Damn.. Can't afford any right now... but payday..hahaha yup..gonna get some on payday hopefully.

You wont say no to a free 5 flavour pack?

(we have 1 more to go out to a bitcoin loving jerky connoisseur)
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Ooh, I'd love to get a sample pack, and would even pay for the shipping to the US.

BTW, in reply to one of the above about shipping to the US, if you guys do make it and garner enough interest, one obvious solution would be to find a US-based distributor.  Most of your goods would probably fit into either a small or medium sized flat-rate USPS shipping box or padded envelope, which are all under $13 anywhere in the US.  Shipping a large amount once overseas and then doing the sending once local will probably be much more cost-efficient in the long run.

I'm in the NorthEast US and have some garage space available for rent if it ever comes to it.... Wink
ThunderCatSteve

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:35:02 PM

Will you ship to the USA?

BTW, in reply to one of the above about shipping to the US, if you guys do make it and garner enough interest, one obvious solution would be to find a US-based distributor.  Most of your goods would probably fit into either a small or medium sized flat-rate USPS shipping box or padded envelope, which are all under $13 anywhere in the US.  Shipping a large amount once overseas and then doing the sending once local will probably be much more cost-efficient in the long run.

I'm in the NorthEast US and have some garage space available for rent if it ever comes to it.... Wink

Yea, i'm in the northwest and would also be willing to assist with Western USA/Western Canada Shipments.
I've had experience with distribution and re-shipping for over 8 years.
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:52:30 PM

Yea, i'm in the northwest and would also be willing to assist with Western USA/Western Canada Shipments.
Got me beat, I've no experience in that area, I just like jerky and am willing to help... Smiley

If there are 2 samples left, they could ship both to one of us to save on their end and then we could work out a deal between us if you'd like.
ThunderCatSteve

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:55:22 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2015, 07:06:29 PM by ThunderCatSteve

Yea when i was in highschool my mom got really big into opening an online store, And it went well for a long time till her wholesaler went out of business. So i've had tons of experience filling orders, shipping from state to state and from US to Canada.
That was my " chores " at home during highschool lol..

I'm excited to try some of this jerky..

OCD JERKY (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 07:05:35 PM

Will you ship to the USA?

Thats a great idea. Once we establish the market it certainly will be an efficient method for distribution. I'll be interested to crunch some numbers on this. I like the offer on the garage depot, its amazing what you can do with spare space!

*We ship worldwide

Your the last down for the 5 flavour pack, congratulations! P.s we will cover shipping Wink

Thats really cool. You guys are all so helpful! Once we get things rolling in the USA we already have some friends to point us in the right direction.

(Were sending out a 5 flavour pack to the two of you. Were also covering shipping)

Theres no more free ones to go but we are doing -%10 for our bitcoiners!
ThunderCatSteve

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:23:02 PM

You guys should make Cheeseburger Beef jerky for us 'Mericans...

Here's how...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGcJ8RQ_CPk
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:23:06 PM

The jerky looks so good, I had to order some.  I ordered about .5Kg worth of jerky. 

I will let everyone know when I receive it.

Hmm, I am getting hungry thinking about the jerky lol

ThunderCatSteve

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 09:25:21 PM

With my free sample you guys are sending me you can expect an in-depth review.

I love beef jerky...
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:20:33 PM

A Review.

My beef jerky arrived, I sent BTC first, no escrow used and they came through.

The packaging: It very nice it is thick paper lined with foil.  As foil is a much better barrier to oxygen then plastic, I expect this to have a very long shelf life.  Once you open the package there is also a zip-loc on top making it resealable.

The beef:  This is not some store bought cheap jerky with stamped flat beef.  This jerky is nice strips of beef, some pieces had some slightly marbling which I do not mind.  All the cut pieces had some good thickness to them.  Very fresh and flavorful.

Original:  I nice medium flavor, taste is similar to a marinated steak with a slight soy sauce flavor. No spicy at all.

Double Black: Similar to the original but with a slight smoke flavor to it and less soy sauce flavor probably due to the smoking. 

Original Heat: This taste is mostly the peppers on this one you do taste a slight taste of the beef but the peppers are over powering with taste, while I would consider the heat low to medium it does build as you keep eating.  It is modest enough though most people will not have problems with a few pieces.

Cracked Pepper: This has a good cracked black pepper taste, with the taste of the original in the background.  It has a low heat from the black pepper, but the taste is really good, this is some fresh black pepper.  Even though the black pepper taste is strong there is some flavor from the original following the pepper.

Lime Cracked Pepper: Decent amount lime flavor in this one, enough to give it a little tartness.  The black pepper flavored has been taken down a few notches on this one compared to the Cracked Pepper, although the marinade of the original is still adding to the taste.

Conclusion:  This is high quality beef jerky with very good tastes and much better then I can buy in an of my grocery stores.  I will be ordering more I could easily make a meal out of this.  As far as my top three for my personal tastes. I like; Double Black, Original and Cracked Pepper the most out of the five. 

Thanks for reading,
MC

ThunderCatSteve

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:36:22 PM

My Sample of jerky has arrived today! :d Can't wait till im off work to try it!!!!
ThunderCatSteve

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:15:38 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 07:16:45 AM by ThunderCatSteve

Original : This was definitely a great grade of beef, very tough and chewy like good jerky should be.. The taste was phenomenal.. 9.9/10

Double black (smoked) : Now, i was a bit skeptical about " Double Black " With no idea what the flavor would be like.. Well i assumed the original heat would be my favorite... but Double Black won the fucking show... The Taste..Smell.. The consistency of flavor and smoked dark color... This was definitely made by fucking professionals, and you can be damned sure this is one of the best jerky's in the god damned universe....You'd be a fucking moron for not ordering 12 pounds of this delicious man made beef of the gods, It's as if it was sent straight down from mount olympus by the god Zues himself... straight to your god damned doorstep... 100/10

lime cracked pepper : I've always been a fan of lime flavored snacks, This Zesty/Sour hint of flavor the the Lime Cracked Pepper gives, is definitely a great great recipe. The taste and smell of lime is very pungent and will 100% cause your mouth to water..

Original heat (chilli) : ...Ow... Just... Ow... Spicy..Tough...It's like a kick to the mouth, but the foot is made of grade A Aussie beef..seasoned to the fucking max with hot chilli spices... Just one look at this beef and it will have your asshole tingling...

Cracked pepper. : This was the first flavor i tried out of the package. It definitely got me excited to try the rest of the flavors. I've always been a life long fan of jerky, well hell... Beef in general.. Cracked pepper has always been a personal favorite of mine, The stuff these guys @ OCD Jerky are making.. is just hands down, top notch stuff... Everything they advertise is just so on point... Everything is just perfect... I highly recommend trying this Cracked pepper, you'll definitely love just as much as i did.

ORDER THIS JERKY RIGHT FUCKING NOW, OR ELSE A ROAMING DEATH SQUAD OF HOWLING KANGAROOS WILL GANG BEAT YOU UNTIL YOU DO.

worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:19:25 AM

I just saw this thread.  I would love to order some of your jerky, how do I do it?  Should I send you a PM?

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: