Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:16:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Halving: Could It Actually Kill BTC?  (Read 2686 times)
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 02:21:18 AM

I don't think it will be so black and white. If the price can not support the amount the miner's want after the halving there will be a large falling out. Bitcoin may become even more niche than it already is but there will always be die hards out there that will continue to use bitcoin and mine for free. Who knows maybe it will even spring back stronger than before after bitcoin proves that it can't be killed.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:28:04 AM

I agree with the OP. I don't know why so many people automatically assume that halving mining rewards would double the price.

Personally I think this is where bitcoin will prove whether it'll succeed or fail. If it doesn't get past the halving, it'll fail. If it does, I think it's very unlikely for bitcoin to fail afterwards. And I'd certainly be willing to take any amount of loan to buy as much bitcoins as possible then, if someone offered to loan me money.

it's simply because they like to see their investment pay off big time. i don't believe bitcoins future depends on the next halving. it will however have an impact on the price. just not as much as people think.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:34:46 AM

I agree with the OP. I don't know why so many people automatically assume that halving mining rewards would double the price.

Personally I think this is where bitcoin will prove whether it'll succeed or fail. If it doesn't get past the halving, it'll fail. If it does, I think it's very unlikely for bitcoin to fail afterwards. And I'd certainly be willing to take any amount of loan to buy as much bitcoins as possible then, if someone offered to loan me money.

it's simply because they like to see their investment pay off big time. i don't believe bitcoins future depends on the next halving. it will however have an impact on the price. just not as much as people think.
The event itself isn't so significant, but people's reactions, the psychology of what happens after the halving event might be. Will people mass panic because the price didn't go up like expected? Will miners start leaving the game, and people assume (whether with good reason or not) that bitcoins security is suddenly too low, and start panicking? Or will miners stay, giving confidence to the system, proving again that bitcoin can succeed with lower mining rewards?

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:45:25 AM

I was just thinking this morning, about the reward halving upcoming sometime 2016. Most ppl here are pretty assured that when the halving happens it will guarantee that BTC will increase in value. There have been plenty of guarantees over the last year or so and none have panned out so far. If BTC remains at its current performance level, wouldn't the halving merely drive any miners operating at a thin margin out, make mining not profitable enough for new miners to get in the game and basically slow the network? I understand supply and demand, but demand drives that, not necessarily supply. If no one wants a 200$ btc, it doesn't matter how many there are or how hard they are to mine?

just a shower thought, what's your take? and please, limit your "BTC CAN NEVAR DIE and you sir are a cock!" statements to provable truths, not opinionated speculation please. BTC could die and very well might. I hope not, but that isn't the point of this thread.

What do you think will really happen when the halving comes? anyone thought through any scenarios?

Survival of the fittest among the miners.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BlackSpidy

Activity: 513
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:41:58 AM

I think that there will always be a market for bitcoin. It could be worth $200, $2000 or $2, (even $0.2) people will exchange goods and services for them. For that reason, I believe it has already succeeded as a currency. It may not be as widespread, stable, etc. as some of the big ones, but it is more successful than some. The fact it's still being used makes it more successful than some currencies.

By 2025, at least one small nation will be using bitcoin and little else as currency.

▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄  ▄███████████████▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄█████████████████████▀█████▄▄
████▀ █████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄ ▄▄▄ ▄████
█████ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄████▄ ▀████ ▐███▌ ████
████████▄▄▄███████████▄ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀ ▀████
████████████▀▀█▀ ▀█▀▀███▄ ▀███▄███████
█████████████ ▄███▄ ██████▄ ▀█████████
████████████ ▐█████▌ ███████▄ ▀███████
▀▀▀▀█████████ ▀███▀ ██████████▄ ▀█████
      ▀█████▄▄█▄ ▄█▄▄███████████
        ▀▀██████████████████▀██▀
           ▀▀██████▀███▌▀██▀
               ▀██▀  ▀▀
...REVOLUTIONIZING...
THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY

█ ██ ███ █████████████████████████████████ ███ ██ █

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄██████████████▄
█████████▀▀▀▀███
███████▀     ███
███████   ██████
█████        ███
███████   ██████
███████   ██████
▀██████   █████▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄
  ▄▄   ██▄▄▄
 ▐██▄▄█████▀▀
█████▀▀ ███
   ███  ▄█████▌
  ▄██████▀██▌
  ▀▀▀██    ██
     ▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
█ ██ ███ ████████████████ ███ ██ █
TOKEN SALE ENDS
...ON MAY 15...
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:47:02 AM

I think the difficulty will drop by a lot. Who knows what that will do to the price though. Things will get interesting whenever the block halving happens though.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:47:59 AM

Those people are fools.  It might increase in value, it might decrease in value, it might stay the same.  There are far too many influences on the exchange rate to assume that just because the mining subsidy will be cut in half the exchange rate will rise.

Some truth to this, yet everything can be boiled down to two things: Supply and Demand.
We cannot predict the demand, but we know that the halving is cutting the supply of new coins
in half, and that's a big part of the equation.

If y = 5x (where x is, for example, a random number between 0 and 1) then we can say that the "5" is a big part of the equation.  This does not however make the output any more predictable than the input.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 04:20:47 AM

I think the difficulty will drop by a lot. Who knows what that will do to the price though. Things will get interesting whenever the block halving happens though.

I disagree.  They will develop better asics.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 04:25:26 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 04:42:49 AM by Cconvert2G36

The people mining on that scale won't be surprised by the halving, and their current hardware will likely be obsolete by that day.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:04:09 AM

Difficulty will stay the same (rising slightly) due to better asics.  But some miners who can't adapt fast enough have to close shop.  So those rewards that supposedly go to them will go to the better mining farms. 

As for BTC's price.  Who knows.  But one thing is for sure...  BTC minng farms will have to spend more for equipment to maintain enough power to mine the same amount of BTC.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:25:36 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 11:40:14 AM by Amph

chart show x2 in price

https://blockchain.info/en/charts/market-price?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

november 28 2012 the halving, it show about 11-12 dollars, when before that date it was 4-6

It started creeping up in May 2012.  Know what else happened in May of 12'?  The only 'exchange' (bucketshop) that offered leveraged trading was shutdown.  I wonder if the rise in price had more to do with the inability for people to keep shorting BTC on leverage than it did because of a looming reward adjustment.

well i don't know, you was here since 2012  Smiley, you should tell us what happened, and what caused that small rise, probably a combination of both
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:28:50 AM

Exit scam.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/08/bitcoinica-users-sue-for-460k-in-lost-bitcoins/

How else? Das ist bitcoin.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:55:17 AM

Price will increase or difficulty will adapt, that easy.
This, mining pool operation didn't just invest millions in infrastructure to takes long term losses. They calculated the halving and all other aspects before they invested in mining rigs, electricity etc.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:53:38 AM

Price will increase or difficulty will adapt, that easy.
This, mining pool operation didn't just invest millions in infrastructure to takes long term losses. They calculated the halving and all other aspects before they invested in mining rigs, electricity etc.

Or the price decreases or stays the same killing the weaker miners.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:10:51 AM

chart show x2 in price

https://blockchain.info/en/charts/market-price?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

november 28 2012 the halving, it show about 11-12 dollars, when before that date it was 4-6

It started creeping up in May 2012.  Know what else happened in May of 12'?  The only 'exchange' (bucketshop) that offered leveraged trading was shutdown.  I wonder if the rise in price had more to do with the inability for people to keep shorting BTC on leverage than it did because of a looming reward adjustment.

This is a great question. It's amazing there has been so little discussion of this topic.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:15:01 AM

Those people are fools.  It might increase in value, it might decrease in value, it might stay the same.  There are far too many influences on the exchange rate to assume that just because the mining subsidy will be cut in half the exchange rate will rise.

Some truth to this, yet everything can be boiled down to two things: Supply and Demand.
We cannot predict the demand, but we know that the halving is cutting the supply of new coins
in half, and that's a big part of the equation.

If y = 5x (where x is, for example, a random number between 0 and 1) then we can say that the "5" is a big part of the equation.  This does not however make the output any more predictable than the input.

not completely predictable, no...but then again, we have no reason to suspect the demand will change.  and if it does change, a reasonable theory is that the demand will increase as an effect of the decreasing supply rate. 

Deadmau5

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:40:07 AM

I'm really looking forward to seeing what effect the halving will have on bitcoin's price. I think most people are expecting it to rise but I guess it only will if the demand for coins is higher then. Given that its not till next year I think we'll have a lot more mainstream adoption by then so hopefully it will happen.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:15:37 AM

not completely predictable, no...but then again, we have no reason to suspect the demand will change.  and if it does change, a reasonable theory is that the demand will increase as an effect of the decreasing supply rate.  

This is certainly not an unreasonable theory.

However, it seems just as plausible to me that demand will actually decrease with the halving.  It could easily be that for all the bitcoins being produced by miners today, most of them are being bought up by wealthy speculators.  These speculators might agree with your theory and so intend to make a profit by buying now and selling after the halving (or even later).  Such speculators increase the demand today and dampen it in the future.  If this practice is sufficiently common then overall demand could fall at the halving.

There are many factors which influence the market rate and a reasonable theory needs only select one and assert its dominance over the others.  This is particularly visible when people argue whether increased merchant adoption (using services such as BitPay) creates upward or downward pressure on the price.

For myself, I do suspect that the price will rise following the halving.  I simply claim that one cannot argue this logically; one has to weigh different factors and make a judgment.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 10:36:27 AM

I will always use the term higher probability and to say that it's absolute guarantee sounds odd to say the least. If there is such a thing, that person would not even be here posting. Probably the guy would be somewhere in the Caribbean enjoying his life since he'll be hitting bull's eye with every shot that he takes. There are a lot of scenarios and many more that even some of us could not imagine. But somehow I would still go back to the supply and demand basic that we learn from the start. Note that my opinion might sound a bit bullish when talk about halving and how it could impact the price.

We are now seeing some form of demand for btc right? If it's not, I'm sure every coin that ends up in the market would push the price lower since sellers would undercut each other in order to sell. Yeah, you might argue that certain miners would rather hold on to their coins and sell at the right time, but generally whatever reason you can come up with, these miners need to get the coins out to cover operating cost. Right now what we are seeing is mostly supply outnumbering demands and that is why we are on the downtrend. From time to time, price will shoot up (due to some buying) but as far as this goes, we have to acknowledge that it can never sustain itself and eventually price will go down. Somehow, what we are seeing here is still some form of demand that is reflected to support the price of bitcoin.

Now imagine, if we take that same demand that we are seeing today and apply it after the halving. Note that I'm not saying demanding is increasing because to say that it is, means basically a wild assumption. It might even be lower than what it is today. So assuming the demand is close to or almost similar as it is today by June/July next year and miner's reward has been cut from 25 bitcoins to 12.5 bitcoins per block. For price to go up, demand has to overcome supply and since now we have taken the assumption that demand maintains and supply has been reduced by half, shouldn't we see price going up? Unless, the factor of decrease in demand is more than half, then it's the opposite. So here, I would say there's every chance with better prospect.

Oh and talking about the miners, I think we all underestimated the actual cost of mining. It's far lower than that. Even when halving occurs, miners will still stand the chance to make profit. Never mind about some of them shutting down because eventually there will be others who knows how to mine efficiently will appear and fill the gap. So another aspect to watch out after that halving period is whether hash rate is dropping, if it's not, then we know they are okay.

indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 11:54:39 AM

Nothing to worry about

The chip developers have a new generation of super chips ready to go

they have been holding them back and as halving arrives the hash will double  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: