Poll
Question: How Should BFL Handle Shipment of the new ASIC Mining Hardware
First Come First Served
1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 Plan
Randomly
Other

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ASIC Shipment Plan  (Read 13797 times)
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 01:21:23 PM

Not that anyone has heard yet.  If anything the price of ASIC units will go down over time as difficulty rises due to much reduced ROI. Luckily for the ASIC companies, once the chips are set the cost per chip is trivial.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:38:22 PM

Hi All,

Does any one know when does BFL stop taking per-orders, any approximate date? 

I am trying to gather funds by next month to place per-order for few BFL Jalapeno's. Would like to have Idea about cut off time for per-orders.

Ashitank
I don't think there will ever be a point when they stop taking orders.  It'll be either a pre-order, a back-order, or an order.  When you have funds, you'll be able to do one of the three.

Yes I understand that, but My question relates to expiry of Pr-orders of Jalapeno in sense change from per-order to normal order will change cost of unit from 149$ to --> $? , so wanted place per-order before price changes from that of per-order price to normal order increased price.
Hmmm... this is the first I've heard of the price changing after pre-orders are up.  Where did you read/hear about the price changing after preorders are done?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:00:52 PM

Hi All,

Does any one know when does BFL stop taking per-orders, any approximate date? 

I am trying to gather funds by next month to place per-order for few BFL Jalapeno's. Would like to have Idea about cut off time for per-orders.

Ashitank
I don't think there will ever be a point when they stop taking orders.  It'll be either a pre-order, a back-order, or an order.  When you have funds, you'll be able to do one of the three.
Yes I understand that, but My question relates to expiry of Pr-orders of Jalapeno in sense change from per-order to normal order will change cost of unit from 149$ to --> $? , so wanted place per-order before price changes from that of per-order price to normal order increased price.
Hmmm... this is the first I've heard of the price changing after pre-orders are up.  Where did you read/hear about the price changing after preorders are done?
I'm curious too. I've never heard anything of a price drop...

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:02:44 PM

No where really.

I thought demand will out grow supply & we will have jacked up prices to bear, if this is not the case I am happy.
jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:47:42 PM

No way, prices are going to plummet due to insignificant incremental cost to produce units after development.

This is pure economics. The small units will become 8 GH as they just slap on twice as many chips and they will be the same price.

The only problem is once this price war starts it's a race to the bottom. Hopefully we will find a market equilibrium and then things will settle.

Buying in the middle somewhere is where most people can get hurt depending on how quickly the price drop occurs in relation to difficulty increase and BTC market price.
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:17:57 PM

Not that anyone has heard yet.  If anything the price of ASIC units will go down over time as difficulty rises due to much reduced ROI. Luckily for the ASIC companies, once the chips are set the cost per chip is trivial.

Avalon is going from $1299 preorder to $1999 standard.

dip
BFL_Josh

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 10:21:50 PM

We have absolutely no plans to raise the price after the pre-order phase.  I'm having trouble envisioning a scenario where we would do that.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 05:49:01 PM

We have absolutely no plans to raise the price after the pre-order phase.  I'm having trouble envisioning a scenario where we would do that.

Josh, understanding that you don't have to say anything at all, in light of all this recent brou-haha over past fraud by officers of BFL, can we get an update on ASIC production, maybe some photos, specs... something to calm the masses ?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 05:52:53 PM

We have absolutely no plans to raise the price after the pre-order phase.  I'm having trouble envisioning a scenario where we would do that.
Josh, understanding that you don't have to say anything at all, in light of all this recent brou-haha over past fraud by officers of BFL, can we get an update on ASIC production, maybe some photos, specs... something to calm the masses ?
I don't care that the masses say, as long as I get my Singles. Tongue

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 06:37:51 PM

IF  im not mistaken, their 1/3 rule is only for the first month orders. Which I think is okay. Now, after the first month orders, its obvious that, upgrade or not, each  order should be delivered as they come in..
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 08:50:28 AM

Here's the policy clarification again:

http://www.butterflylabs.com/products/

The initial orders will be grouped into a batch prior to shipment.  This will ensure no one is an unfair beneficiary of disproportionate hashing power.  Having said this, we only have so much production capacity and the initial order group will still do very very well.  That being the case, here are the rules we will stick to in releasing these units.

1/3rd of the units will go in order priority of purchase date.
1/3rd of the units will go to trade in customers.
1/3rd of the units will go to random orders placed in the first month (6/23 - 7/23).

Both priority customers and trade in customers may benefit from random selection prior to their natural shipping order.

Refunds and charge backs:  All sales are final unless we fail to perform.  That includes both performance and shipping targets.  60 days past target and we'll happily refund your purchase.  If you would really like a refund anyway, just ask and we'll probably be able to take care of you.  Nonetheless, we reserve the right to handle it on a case by case basis.

Just quoting this for reference. I wonder why BFL deleted this post.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: