News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Supply Reduction:
10,000 to 1 - 20 (57.1%)
1,000 to 1 - 8 (22.9%)
Do not reduce - 7 (20%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10  (Read 157845 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:27:51 AM

... but the biggest vote for me comes from Dash (Darkcoin) itself, in buying Dashcoin's website and trying to usurp Dashcoin's name - they must value it!

the reasons i liked this coin is the name "dashcoin" i even called it dash, the very low cost of its maintenance, and it is the clone of the first cryptonote coin (bytecoin) which is still being developed and without the 82% premine...if the dashcoin community becomes bigger and fun, i would like dashcoin even more.

if dashcoin implements it 10000:1 coin reduction and enters BTC market, imagine the confusion darkcoin made...this thread will become really bloody when dash/darkcoin buddies enters here  Grin

a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:34:02 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 12:46:40 AM by a_cat_named_joe

For more information on the Dashcoin vs Dash controversy:

https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/coin-of-the-week-episode-7-hyperstake-hyp

Let's hope that common sense prevails.  Wink
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:57:33 AM

On a legal note:

Was the name 'Dashcoin' trademarked? The answer would appear to be no.

If it was trademarked, in which countries was it trademarked? Dashcoin has global shareholders.

Were any other intellectual property rights secured on Dashcoin's first public use? The answer would appear not.

The Dashcoin blockchain was created by its shareholders i.e. those who owned, bought and traded with their own unique Dashcoin addresses. They are, it would seem, Dashcoin shareholders, using the name Dashcoin. They contributed to the Dashcoin web pages - and to the Dashcoin 'goodwill'.

Can any one person 'sell' Dashcoin? Not, I would imagine without the shareholder's consent, or without a proper legal framework being constructed.

Have the Darkcoin/Dash people used the altcoin name 'Dashcoin'? It would appear not, and that name is still being used by the original shareholders.

Here's where it gets interesting from a legal point of view. There is the Tort of 'passing off'. This is where the goodwill established in a name is used by a person, or an organisation, in a such way as to make others think that they are the original entity with the goodwill. One of the tests for passing off is confusion, where others think that the new user is the original entity with the goodwill. This 'misrepresentation' does not have to be intended - it just has happen in a way to mislead the public's thinking (Still with me?!)

On the Poloniex chat facility today, there were several people who thought Dashcoin and Dash were one and the same. I did until recently. It could be argued that Darkcoin's re-emergence as Dash has caused 'confusion' and has in some form taken away some of the original Dashcoin's 'goodwill'. Therefore, it could be viewed that Dash (Darkcoin), by using the word 'Dash' has committed the the Tort of passing off.

If Darkcoin/Dash have any scruples, you would think they would back off and stop using the name Dash. Why is it so important that they have it? Why did they attempt to buy into the Dashcoin name?

Dont even get me started on all the countless poor confused soals that join #Dashcoin channel on IRC looking for help with their broken Darkcoin wallet. Some of them dont even go back to Dark, after seeing the light. Wink

a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:07:26 AM

Just as I thought. It would seem that DARKcoin has a bad reputation and that's why they attempted to buy into DASHcoin.
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:34:26 AM

Interesting coin...definitely checking this one out.

I'm not a fan of Darkcoin aka DASH, I sold at its peak back in the day (like a pro for once) and never looked back.  I'd much rather support Dashcoin, especially when it is so undervalued.  Compare Dashcoin's value to Bytecoin's (which Dashcoin is a fork of) and notice that it is more than 100x less in price...that's pretty amazing considering Bytecoin's "mysterious" history.  DSH is extremely undervalued IMO...basically it is the real deal and not premined or conflicted like some of the others.  I prefer XDN at the moment but DSH could really grow some feet, fast.
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:20:29 PM

It is certainly a coin to hold. I'm happy to see it being maintained by capable folks, Dashcoin at this point, because of the history, represents true decentralization more than being another cryptonote fork.
babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:45:17 PM

Is Dashcoin on any other exchanges besides Poloniex XMR/DSH?
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:12:16 AM

Is Dashcoin on any other exchanges besides Poloniex XMR/DSH?

currently dashcoin is only traded at Poloniex
MarleysGhost

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:33:51 AM

I am researching the circumstances of and the justification for Darkcoin's change of name to 'Dash'. I have found some of the comments made in this thread interesting. I have also posted on the Dash Bitcoin Forum pages 5094-5097 regarding this and have received some responses.

I would invite anyone who can shed light on this matter to message me privately.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:34:20 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 05:16:28 PM by arielbit

I am researching the circumstances of and the justification for Darkcoin's change of name to 'Dash'. I have found some of the comments made in this thread interesting. I have also posted on the Dash Bitcoin Forum pages 5094-5097 regarding this and have received some responses.

I would invite anyone who can shed light on this matter to message me privately.

this link is from dashcoin's previous thread.. previous dev last post (feb 8, 2015) page 66, at page 67 some dashcoin community members learned of evan's purchase. it is a shorter read there from page 67 to 80 instead from darkcoin's thread, there are some info you might find interesting there.

start here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.msg10393542#msg10393542
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 08:28:19 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2015, 09:11:46 PM by DenisZabar

I already posted here question about bug in wallet. I cant send any amount because wallet is in stack mode.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=258bebt&s=8#.VX80o0aQ0-U I am using windows7 x64 .Same shit on
win8 x64

EDIT: I can send/receive with nongui version normaly.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:33:50 AM

what's up with the hash rate? dash is not that expensive to be mined with a network hash rate of 160+KH
DenisZabar

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 08:46:53 AM

what's up with the hash rate? dash is not that expensive to be mined with a network hash rate of 160+KH

Huge pump and dump on poloniex.

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:54:41 AM

I already posted here question about bug in wallet. I cant send any amount because wallet is in stack mode.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=258bebt&s=8#.VX80o0aQ0-U I am using windows7 x64 .Same shit on
win8 x64

Hi,

What GUI are you using? And what is 'stack mode'?
DenisZabar

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 06:22:13 PM

win8 x64

Hi,

What GUI are you using? And what is 'stack mode'?

Version 1.1.1, please check image.

When i try to send there is displayed sending.... and thats it. Cant send any amount.

MarleysGhost

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:14:42 AM

Evan Duffield has responded to a message that I sent to him. Loosely interpreted and summarised, the tone of Evan's response is exploratory as to what the Dashcoin Community wants in order to resolve the dispute between Dashcoin and Darkcoin/Dash. I have sent copies of that communication to prominent members of the Dashcoin Community.

With regards to an action of 'Passing Off', I would advise against that for now. Whilst there may be some merit in it, such actions are time consuming and can take years to complete, with the losing side often having squirreled away all assets to become a 'Man of Straw'. Claiming costs and damages from a 'man of straw' is not a good outcome. To my mind, the Dashcoin Community have far more effective weapons at their disposal with which to protect their interests. For instance, putting in an objection to all applications for the trademark 'Dash' in the class that covers electronic currency on the ground of prior use.

If Darkcoin/Dash succeeeds with their trademark application, it could make life difficult for Dashcoin. Intellectual Property Offices worldwide seek out examples of prior use when an application is made to them. They should be made aware of that prior use by the Dashcoin Community as soon as possible.

It would be useful to find out what the Dashcoin Community wants. A preliminary option appraisal might consist of:

Option 1. Do nothing. Always an option.

Option 2. Stop Darkcoin/Dash from using the name Dash.

Option 3. Accept some form of a buy-out compromise. This could involve a direct payment as a community member with an adjustment for the amount of Dashcoin held.

As a community please let me know what you want. I will help in any way I can.

DashCoinInfo (OP)

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:10:34 PM

Dashcoin is not an entity,  Dashcoin is a technology. Dashcoin does not have any lawyers, there are no core Devs, Designers, Marketing, There are no board of directors, in other words, Dashcoin does not have any feeling or emotion or have legal concerns.  Dashcoin only does one thing and it does it very well, it provides means of wealth transfer using Cryptonote blockchain technology for Fast, Safe and Secure transfers.

Dashcoin could not care less even if it could care about the actions of Darkcoin. Darkcoin can not do anything to Dash just as Dash will not do anything to Dark, time will decide which coin will survive in the long run given structure of both.

Dark ties itself to more and more centralized services, individuals, masters nodes, 3rd parties and attempt to “meet” all gov regulations, in process it adds more potential points of failure where anyone of those weak links can break the “chain” and kill the coin. Now Dashcoin aims for the opposite, it aims to remove any centralized obstacle that would jeopardize the longevity of Dashcoin.

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:19:03 PM

Dashcoin is not an entity,  Dashcoin is a technology. Dashcoin does not have any lawyers, there are no core Devs, Designers, Marketing, There are no board of directors, in other words, Dashcoin does not have any feeling or emotion or have legal concerns.  Dashcoin only does one thing and it does it very well, it provides means of wealth transfer using Cryptonote blockchain technology for Fast, Safe and Secure transfers.

Dashcoin could not care less even if it could care about the actions of Darkcoin. Darkcoin can not do anything to Dash just as Dash will not do anything to Dark, time will decide which coin will survive in the long run given structure of both.

Dark ties itself to more and more centralized services, individuals, masters nodes, 3rd parties and attempt to “meet” all gov regulations, in process it adds more potential points of failure where anyone of those weak links can break the “chain” and kill the coin. Now Dashcoin aims for the opposite, it aims to remove any centralized obstacle that would jeopardize the longevity of Dashcoin.

This is, in essence, my thoughts exactly.

The community is made up of individuals. All we will be able to do is speak our minds as individuals.

And I am sure there are many opinions on what we should do. I want to keep using The Real Dash and try to develop services around it and bring more people into to helping maintain this coin. We have already made the point that Dash cannot be bought-out.

I'm sure this doesn't please the dark investors but that's not my problem.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:53:07 PM

has anyone tried cooking the GUI wallet for OSX?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
MarleysGhost

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:27:06 AM

This is, in essence, my thoughts exactly.

The community is made up of individuals. All we will be able to do is speak our minds as individuals.

And I am sure there are many opinions on what we should do. I want to keep using The Real Dash and try to develop services around it and bring more people into to helping maintain this coin. We have already made the point that Dash cannot be bought-out.

I'm sure this doesn't please the dark investors but that's not my problem.

The European Union is a group of individual nations. They are also a legal entity. They vote on major issues as a community just as the Dashcoin community has done. It is for the Dashcoin community to decide what it is. If they are not a community, then I too will simply act as an individual and walk away to leave them to their fate. I dislike uninformed opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: