News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Supply Reduction:
10,000 to 1 - 20 (57.1%)
1,000 to 1 - 8 (22.9%)
Do not reduce - 7 (20%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10  (Read 157845 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:57:44 AM

- dashcoin is a good name, years from now nobody would think of renaming this coin for the fear of general public acceptance of the name.

- dashcoin is a clone, a mirror image of the first cryptonote coin, bytecoin and without the 82% premine. until now BCN is still being developed and so is dashcoin.

- dashcoin is decentralize, I believe many people own this coin even though they don't post in this thread and maybe some of them mined/bought last year and hadn't updated yet on DSH.

- there are people who believe that dashcoin will have a future and that includes me.

- i believe in crypto currency and decentralization, if this coin is going to be gone because DSH can be bought out of existence and lawyered out existence I would say this will be the end of my belief.

with the points i stated above...how will darkcoin fit here?
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:02:30 AM

The European Union is a group of individual nations. They are also a legal entity. They vote on major issues as a community just as the Dashcoin community has done. It is for the Dashcoin community to decide what it is. If they are not a community, then I too will simply act as an individual and walk away to leave them to their fate. I dislike uninformed opinion.

I dislike the suggestion of a buy-out compromise
papa_lazzarou

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:03:53 AM

I also dislike being used to push someone else's hidden agenda.

At first sight it seems your client is a dark investor who wants to prevent a possible legal dispute regarding the Dash brand. You assume the role of a facilitator to reach a peaceful solution to that dispute, however you offer your help to the "Dashcoin Community" in submitting an objection application to prevent Dark from trademarking Dash.

Also, contrary to what you claimed in your main post directed at the community, the tone of Evan's response is not "exploratory as to what the Dashcoin Community wants in order to resolve the dispute between Dashcoin and Darkcoin/Dash" not even very loosely interpreted. You are also pressuring Evan regarding other matters not related at all with the rebranding to dash.

This makes me highly suspicious of your intentions.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:04:11 PM

i transferred coins from my mining wallet to my wallet about 2 days ago, there are still coins in "locked amount" and i think there is some coins that didn't transfer.

is there a new way to reset the wallet (latest version)? when i use reset command it only shows "Reset is complete successfully" immediately, unlike from the old wallet that shows all transactions and takes time.
papa_lazzarou

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:20:13 PM

i transferred coins from my mining wallet to my wallet about 2 days ago, there are still coins in "locked amount" and i think there is some coins that didn't transfer.

is there a new way to reset the wallet (latest version)? when i use reset command it only shows "Reset is complete successfully" immediately, unlike from the old wallet that shows all transactions and takes time.

Do you have the old keys file? Try reimporting then into version 1.0.3.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 4970

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:47:49 PM

I also dislike being used to push someone else's hidden agenda.

At first sight it seems your client is a dark investor who wants to prevent a possible legal dispute regarding the Dash brand. You assume the role of a facilitator to reach a peaceful solution to that dispute, however you offer your help to the "Dashcoin Community" in submitting an objection application to prevent Dark from trademarking Dash.

Also, contrary to what you claimed in your main post directed at the community, the tone of Evan's response is not "exploratory as to what the Dashcoin Community wants in order to resolve the dispute between Dashcoin and Darkcoin/Dash" not even very loosely interpreted. You are also pressuring Evan regarding other matters not related at all with the rebranding to dash.

This makes me highly suspicious of your intentions.

I've been wondering about how many of these peops trying to pressure DASH just bought DSH for this purpose.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:05:37 PM

For those interested in the Darkcoin foundation's legal dispute with Karmic Labs over the trademark DASH. Here is a synopsis. The Darkcoin foundation started an opposition to the registration of the Trademark "DASH", by Karmic Labs, over the prior use of "Dashcoin", by the Dashcoin community. They claim "ownership" as far as I understand because they "bought" Dashcoin and the related common law trademark rights. The original idea was to kill Dashcoin but of course the Dashcoin community just kept going on.

You may wish to go to http://tmsearch.uspto.gov and search for registration number 86377359. Now in the results page click on TSDR and one can download all the documents. The most interesting is the "Answer" under Proceedings where Karmic Labs claims "unclean hands" http://definitions.uslegal.com/u/unclean-hands/ on the part of the Darkcoin Foundation as a defense.  

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
MarleysGhost

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:42:09 PM

Thank you for the private replies that some of you were kind enough to give me. I first became aware of the situation between Dashcoin and Darkcoin/Dash through a third party. I don't have a client. A client pays. I have simply been acting as 'a McKenzie Friend'. I signed my private communications to you all as 'McKenzie's Friend'.

There were no secret agendas to push. For my part, I was motivated by the injustice I saw and the possibility of helping the under-dog. Some of you might understand where I was coming from and the pleasure that can be had by winning such a fight. I have been involved in legal disputes at the highest level and have achieved good results. When that type of pay-off enters the blood stream, it can become addictive; like a performer receiving regular applause, and feels continually compelled to come back for that endorphin fix.

In trying to resolve a situation, you have to consider all available options. My personal choice, if I had been a member of the Dashcoin Community, would have been Option 2: Stop Darkcoin with their trademark application, and stop them from using the word 'Dash'. If anyone is to involve themselves in a battle it is advisable to test the resolve of the troops. My private messages to you all emphasised that as a community you should decide what you wanted. I also indicated that you should communicate privately by IRC, or whatever was best for you. That has been ignored and individuals have spouted their opinions publicly.

I make no apologies for applying 'pressure' on Evan Duffield. There was more to come if needed. Some of you might have understood what I meant by 'a loose translation' of Evan Duffield's exploration of what it would take to resolve the situation. Most of you have received copies of that message. Evan was explorative of what I wanted. I switched the emphasis to what the community wanted. Some might view this as putting out the 'feelers' for a bribe.

This brings me to the fact that individuals can be 'bought off' very easily. It has been done before and most likely will be done again. If Darkcoin/Dash succeed in their trademark application, they could insist that exchanges like Poloniex de-list Dashcoin. Prior use arguments are only useful before the trademark is granted. Trademarks are virtually absolute after being granted. You have a time limit to put in a prior use objection, if that is what you want.

I know that there are some decent people within the Dashcoin Community and to some I have sent further private messages. I wish you well. For my part, I choose not to be involved with this issue any further.

As far as others are concerned, I leave you with these words to peck over like pigeons in the street.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:21:53 AM

How exactly will Dash be trademarked when its used everywhere from Amazon Dash to Kardashian dash?

Ha! Kar-Dash-ian. Instant classic  Grin

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:50:05 AM

How exactly will Dash be trademarked when its used everywhere from Amazon Dash to Kardashian dash?

I was wondering that as well.  When I did a search on the TESS site there were numerous entities using the name DASH.  Actually 1181 but not all of those are DASH exclusively.  I found Halliburton, Amazon, and numerous other large corporations with registration applications.  It's doubtful that the former Darkcoin is going to be able to trademark DASH.  They might have a $16 million market capitalization but these other companies are dealing with tens if not hundreds of billions.  Many of those applications go back before the Darkcoin genesis block was even created. 

It's likely safe to say that the former Darkcoin will not be granted a trademark for DASH and I think they know it by now. 
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:04:58 AM

I was wondering that as well.  When I did a search on the TESS site there were numerous entities using the name DASH.  Actually 1181 but not all of those are DASH exclusively.  I found Halliburton, Amazon, and numerous other large corporations with registration applications.  It's doubtful that the former Darkcoin is going to be able to trademark DASH.  They might have a $16 million market capitalization but these other companies are dealing with tens if not hundreds of billions.  Many of those applications go back before the Darkcoin genesis block was even created. 

It's likely safe to say that the former Darkcoin will not be granted a trademark for DASH and I think they know it by now. 

Okay well first of all trademarks are specific to a product category. KarDAHSians has nothing to do with a cryptocurrency unless the are selling software or possibly financial products.

Second, I don't think it's a bad idea for someone closely involved with the dashcoin community to file objections with trademark office as MarleysGhost suggested, not only to Evan's application but to the others as well. The term has been widely used by a large number of separate people and businesses for 1+ year now. Anyone claiming to be an exclusive user of the term to identify a source in a related line of business is mistaken or being misleading.

But I'm not closely involved with dashcoin, so it isn't my call, just my opinion.

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:47:27 AM

Okay well first of all trademarks are specific to a product category. KarDAHSians has nothing to do with a cryptocurrency unless the are selling software or possibly financial products.

Second, I don't think it's a bad idea for someone closely involved with the dashcoin community to file objections with trademark office as MarleysGhost suggested, not only to Evan's application but to the others as well. The term has been widely used by a large number of separate people and businesses for 1+ year now. Anyone claiming to be an exclusive user of the term to identify a source in a related line of business is mistaken or being misleading.

But I'm not closely involved with dashcoin, so it isn't my call, just my opinion.

I am fully aware of everything you stated.  There are a number of software and financial entities that show up with dates prior to the former Darkcoin genesis block even being born.  I just found it somewhat naive that some were touting the trademark registration as a done deal as if that would somehow increase the price of the former Darkcoin.  That was some time ago and there hasn't been any conversation from the former Darkcoin people for some time now.  It's possible that they could be granted the trademark but I wouldn't bet a wooden nickle that it will ever happen.  Besides, I don't see how that would be of much benefit as it's common knowledge of the issues with Darkcoins launch and the fact that the majority of masternodes are held by just a few individuals.  The code is open source.  Any entity of any significance that wants to use it  will just continue to use bitcoin or clone the Darkcoin source for their own needs.  I don't see the former Darkcoin seeing any significant adoption and it will likely remain a day trading entity controlled by a few as it is today.

I also have no involvement with Dashcoin.  I have just been following the saga after being completely disgusted by the former Darkcoin tactics and the arrogance that was displayed.     
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:21:33 AM

Do you have the old keys file? Try reimporting then into version 1.0.3.

my mining wallet is version 1.0.3 and it does not have keys file.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:28:05 AM

In trying to resolve a situation, you have to consider all available options. My personal choice, if I had been a member of the Dashcoin Community, would have been Option 2: Stop Darkcoin with their trademark application, and stop them from using the word 'Dash'. If anyone is to involve themselves in a battle it is advisable to test the resolve of the troops. My private messages to you all emphasised that as a community you should decide what you wanted. I also indicated that you should communicate privately by IRC, or whatever was best for you. That has been ignored and individuals have spouted their opinions publicly.

i like this idea, like MarleysGhost my personal choice is stop them..if darkcoin can really force exchanges to delist dashcoin if they got the trademark then we should stop them from getting the trademark.

can dashcoin community really do this? what would it take to accomplish this?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:16:04 AM

I am fully aware of everything you stated.  There are a number of software and financial entities that show up with dates prior to the former Darkcoin genesis block even being born.  I just found it somewhat naive that some were touting the trademark registration as a done deal as if that would somehow increase the price of the former Darkcoin.  That was some time ago and there hasn't been any conversation from the former Darkcoin people for some time now.  It's possible that they could be granted the trademark but I wouldn't bet a wooden nickle that it will ever happen.  Besides, I don't see how that would be of much benefit as it's common knowledge of the issues with Darkcoins launch and the fact that the majority of masternodes are held by just a few individuals.  The code is open source.  Any entity of any significance that wants to use it  will just continue to use bitcoin or clone the Darkcoin source for their own needs.  I don't see the former Darkcoin seeing any significant adoption and it will likely remain a day trading entity controlled by a few as it is today.

I also have no involvement with Dashcoin.  I have just been following the saga after being completely disgusted by the former Darkcoin tactics and the arrogance that was displayed.     

That's almost exactly how I see it too.
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:16:06 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 06:49:04 PM by kazuki49

I also have no involvement with Dashcoin.  I have just been following the saga after being completely disgusted by the former Darkcoin tactics and the arrogance that was displayed.      

Dashcoin was the first cryptonote coin I found (only mined did not bought any), Monero is leading the pack now but I won't forget this little one even if its just to frustrate Darkcoin scamish endeavours. As a member of dashcoin community I'll not accept the coin being "shutdown" by external forces.
papa_lazzarou

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:09:54 AM

Second, I don't think it's a bad idea for someone closely involved with the dashcoin community to file objections with trademark office as MarleysGhost suggested, not only to Evan's application but to the others as well.

Dash has already received open and veiled threats regarding getting kicked off Poloniex if dark throws enough money their way.
What tools do we have to protect ourselves when the system does not work? The answer to this question is important not only to Dash.

Maybe I am being naive but I would really like to find out how resilient a project like this can be on its own.

But hey, I don't own the place. I'm just one of the guys trying to keep it in working order.
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:18:35 PM

Poloniex is not affiliated with any coin, and they do not charge money to list or delist coins.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:47:43 PM

this should put things in perspective:

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:22:12 AM

any ideas when Dashcoin block reward halves?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: