News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Supply Reduction:
10,000 to 1 - 20 (57.1%)
1,000 to 1 - 8 (22.9%)
Do not reduce - 7 (20%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10  (Read 157839 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:44:28 AM

Sorry for this newbie question. Smiley

In Poloniex, I see DASH and DSH wallets. I believe they are different coins due to forks?

ehTeel bad for you guys.

Maybe DASH with get renamed and fix everything for you all Smiley.

Oh...One coin is more expensive than the other in Poloniex. The price difference is significant.

That is correct, DASH is way over priced and DSH is under valued.

Given that DSH has better tech than DASH.

LOL!!!!!   Roll Eyes

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 02:54:10 AM

I love how you guys are moderating this thread and erased my previous post.  So for all off us out here that hold this coin.  Please provide us with a white paper and all of the up coming innovation and a list of who our devs are on this coin.  What are the reasons as to why I should keep accumulating.  What is the media strategy, what are the list of current merchants accepting DSH.

For the record...I'm not here to troll and spew filth like you did for months over on our forum.  I'm here to ask some simple questions.  Cheers

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:22:31 AM

I love how you guys are moderating this thread and erased my previous post.  So for all off us out here that hold this coin.  Please provide us with a white paper and all of the up coming innovation and a list of who our devs are on this coin.  What are the reasons as to why I should keep accumulating.  What is the media strategy, what are the list of current merchants accepting DSH.

For the record...I'm not here to troll and spew filth like you did for months over on our forum.  I'm here to ask some simple questions.  Cheers

Wtf?  No one erased your post? You're the one lingering around in this thread and spewing none sense about "erased posts", by definition,  you are the one trolling.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 03:28:18 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2015, 07:39:39 AM by arielbit

I love how you guys are moderating this thread and erased my previous post.

how? where? this thread is not moderated  Huh

Please provide us with a white paper and all of the up coming innovation and a list of who our devs are on this coin

this coin is a "perfect clone of bytecoin" without the 82% premine --> there... you got all the answers for that.

kushedout and papa_lazzarou i think is in charge of cloning and the OP.

What is the media strategy, what are the list of current merchants accepting DSH.

none. everything is depends on the community on what they would do with this coin.

What are the reasons as to why I should keep accumulating

all crypto coins are speculative, dashcoin included..so it is up to any individual to buy or sell any amount they want ... anyway this is a very cheap coin so i think there are no big time butt hurting on this one.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:06:16 AM

I recently noticed the block reward is at 1/3 now from last year and the hashrate is almost x10 compared from jan 2015

jan, 2015 ~ 45 block reward

jan, 2016 ~ 15 block reward

DSH mining is getting scarce and unprofitable...price might increase..
mathgal23

Activity: 150
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:32:33 AM

I recently noticed the block reward is at 1/3 now from last year and the hashrate is almost x10 compared from jan 2015

Or maybe the hash rate will start to fall.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:26:24 AM

it's been quite a while since the hash rate increased (maybe botnets mining), but unlike During GPU and CPU mining was profitable, trade volume was bigger back then, compared now when hash rate increased the trade volume becomes smaller (i think due to the miner with huge hash rate is not selling).

agrod

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:15:12 AM

it's been quite a while since the hash rate increased (maybe botnets mining), but unlike During GPU and CPU mining was profitable, trade volume was bigger back then, compared now when hash rate increased the trade volume becomes smaller (i think due to the miner with huge hash rate is not selling).
It is unlikely the hashrate to come from just one miner, because of the big fluctuations in the hashrate and a relatively flat hashrate from known sources.
Maybe Bytecoin's devs are accumulating before they opensource the GUI. Or Changelly accumulates to not influance the price when people sell. Or big miners see a potential in Forknote.
In any case, Dashcoin is very undervalued. We will have our answers soon as the block reward gets smaller.
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 12:07:53 PM

Sorry for this newbie question. Smiley

In Poloniex, I see DASH and DSH wallets. I believe they are different coins due to forks?

I am guessing you dont like to read. Because the post above yours somewhat answers your question.

But, yes, they are different coins and not forks.

In short, DASH (aka xcoin, aka darkcoin) decided to rebrand for the 3rd time, use the same name as Dashcoin (DSH) and confuse the shit out people.

Instead of being rude, you should take the time to read that I was making fun of DASH by copying your name, and since they change it so often maybe the fourth name could be TRASH.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:56:09 PM

It is unlikely the hashrate to come from just one miner, because of the big fluctuations in the hashrate and a relatively flat hashrate from known sources.
Maybe Bytecoin's devs are accumulating before they opensource the GUI. Or Changelly accumulates to not influance the price when people sell. Or big miners see a potential in Forknote.
In any case, Dashcoin is very undervalued. We will have our answers soon as the block reward gets smaller.

single or multiple miners...we can say they are not selling, that's why the market volume became smaller...

Dashcoin will look better with the GUI ... "If" Bytecoin did not really take off or died because of the 82% premine, Dashcoin will be the choice for continuing Bytecoin code.

...maybe bytecoin devs are moving to dashcoin silently...."hopefully"  Cheesy
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:54:19 PM

Cointelegraph article about Dash.

DASH: Young Cryptocurrency With An Interesting Story
Despite its youth, the DASH cryptocurrency has a history full of events. The project was launched on January 18, 2014 as XCoin. Considerable interest in this new currency arose from the start and this was caused because mining of XCoins was possible even with the graphic processors of videocards while mining of Litecoin and Bitcoin on CPU and GPU stopped being the profitable a long ago...
http://cointelegraph.com/news/116049/dash-young-cryptocurrency-with-an-interesting-story
Kushedout
Legendary

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:03:16 PM

Despite its youth, the DASH cryptocurrency has a history full of events. The project was launched on January 18, 2014 as XCoin. Considerable interest in this new currency arose from the start and this was caused because mining of XCoins was possible even with the graphic processors of videocards while mining of Litecoin and Bitcoin on CPU and GPU stopped being the profitable a long ago...
http://cointelegraph.com/news/116049/dash-young-cryptocurrency-with-an-interesting-story

This is never going to stop. ... WRONG DASH THREAD!!!

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 10:19:21 PM

I understand that there are members here bitter that the owner/developer of dashcoin sold the right to the name to the DASH community.  If dashcoin was/is a viable stand alone coin, even thought the original developer didn't think so, why not rebrand to something the the new community and new owners/developers are excited about.  There would always be the arielbits of the world out there that would bang their chest and cry fowl...but I'm thinking if there is something new and happening here why not rebrand?  Unless of course there is something to be said on riding the popularity of DASH.  And that is a viable strategy too...and has its own merits.  Just a discussion, and not trolling or trying to stir anything, but facilitating a conversation.  I hold this coin too...

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Kushedout
Legendary

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:57:01 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 11:08:47 PM by Kushedout

I understand that there are members here bitter that the owner/developer of dashcoin sold the right to the name to the DASH community.  If dashcoin was/is a viable stand alone coin, even thought the original developer didn't think so, why not rebrand to something the the new community and new owners/developers are excited about.  There would always be the arielbits of the world out there that would bang their chest and cry fowl...but I'm thinking if there is something new and happening here why not rebrand?  Unless of course there is something to be said on riding the popularity of DASH.  And that is a viable strategy too...and has its own merits.  Just a discussion, and not trolling or trying to stir anything, but facilitating a conversation.  I hold this coin too...

1) Let me put it this way.... "We were here first".

2) An open source decentralized blockchain can not be sold or bought, Dashcoin has proven this. as far as I know, only a domain name and some log on info was sold/bought.  IF Dashcoin was "bought", why isn't it being fazed out? killed off?  Put an end to? Rebraned? looks to me that nothing of relevance was bought. To me the Dashcoin dev came up by selling "thin air". I am sure both the seller and the buyer new this, the fact that the coin belongs to the community, period. The only way Dashcoin can be "killed off" is for the last person to stop mining it and I don't see that happening anytime soon Smiley

3)Your motivation to do defend darkcoin and lurk in Dashcoin seems to be strictly financial (nothing wrong with that), where arielbits, I am sure also has financial motives, but his actions have proven that he is also man of principle, standing up for the "small guy", pointing out the elephant in the room, motivated by the fact that he has the "right" on his side.

So yeah,  "Dark, DASH, XCOIN" should just rebrand again, its not like it'll be the first, second or third time, I am sure they are used to it already  Grin.  

Maybe they should rename to Bitcoin next, they can claim they bought www.Bitcoin.abc* so they can rightfully use it.  Roll Eyes

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:19:03 PM

I understand that there are members here bitter that the owner/developer of dashcoin sold the right to the name to the DASH community.  If dashcoin was/is a viable stand alone coin, even thought the original developer didn't think so, why not rebrand to something the the new community and new owners/developers are excited about.  There would always be the arielbits of the world out there that would bang their chest and cry fowl...but I'm thinking if there is something new and happening here why not rebrand?  Unless of course there is something to be said on riding the popularity of DASH.  And that is a viable strategy too...and has its own merits.  Just a discussion, and not trolling or trying to stir anything, but facilitating a conversation.  I hold this coin too...

2) An open source decentralized blockchain can not be sold or bought, Dashcoin has proven this. as far as I know, only a domain name and some log on info was sold/bought.  IF Dashcoin was "bought", why isn't in being fazed out? killed off?  Put an end to? Rebraned? looks to me that nothing of relevance was bought. To me the Dashcoin dev came up by selling "thin air". I am sure both the seller and the buyer new this, the fact that the coin belongs to the community, period. The only way Dashcoin can be killed off is for the last person to stop mining it and I don't see that happening anytime soon Smiley

3)Your motivation to do defend darkcoin and lurk in Dashcoin seems to be strictly financial (nothing wrong with that), where arielbits, I am sure also has financial motives, but his actions have proven that he is also man of principle, standing up for the "small guy", pointing out the elephant in the room, motivated by the fact that he has the "right" on his side.

So yeah,  "Dark, DASH, XCOIN" should just rebrand again, its not like it'll be the first, second or third time, I am sure they are used to it already  Grin.  

Maybe they should rename to Bitcoin next, they can claim they bought www.Bitcoin.abc* so they can rightfully use it.  Roll Eyes

Now now...no need to get snarky.  I certainly don't need to defend DASH.  

I personally don't see why rebranding is looked as being some kind of negative think.  In my business as an owner of a winery and beverage company...rebranding and re-positioning of ones identity is a must.  Demographics change...anyone that has owned and operated businesses knows this.  Things evolve.  My company spends nearly a 100k a year in branding and market positioning.    

And in regards to Bitcoin...thats probably the one item here that needs the most amount of help with branding.  Its certainly not positive in the real business world or in any world for that matter.  In talking with my bankers and business associates, they are not happy that we associate ourselves with Bitcoin and crypto currancy in general...and not because we(crypto currency)are a threat to them...my banks regional business is equivalent to BTC's marketcap, we are looked as joke.  What concerns them is the brand identity of BTC with nefarious activity.  And that goes for 99% of the people I mention Bitcoin too....so a rebrand would probably help immensely .

Kushedout
Legendary

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:36:27 PM

2) An open source decentralized blockchain can not be sold or bought, Dashcoin has proven this. as far as I know, only a domain name and some log on info was sold/bought.  IF Dashcoin was "bought", why isn't in being fazed out? killed off?  Put an end to? Rebraned? looks to me that nothing of relevance was bought. To me the Dashcoin dev came up by selling "thin air". I am sure both the seller and the buyer new this, the fact that the coin belongs to the community, period. The only way Dashcoin can be killed off is for the last person to stop mining it and I don't see that happening anytime soon Smiley

I personally don't see why rebranding is looked as being some kind of negative think.  In my business as an owner of a winery and beverage company...rebranding and re-positioning of ones identity is a must.  Demographics change...anyone that has owned and operated businesses knows this.  Things evolve.  My company spends nearly a 100k a year in branding and market positioning.    

And in regards to Bitcoin...thats probably the one item here that needs the most amount of help with branding.  Its certainly not positive in the real business world or in any world for that matter.  In talking with my bankers and business associates, they are not happy that we associate ourselves with Bitcoin and crypto currancy in general...and not because we(crypto currency)are a threat to them...my banks regional business is equivalent to BTC's marketcap, we are looked as joke.  What concerns them is the brand identity of BTC with nefarious activity.  And that goes for 99% of the people I mention Bitcoin too....so a rebrand would probably help immensely .

Ok, fine, Dashcoin is not re-branding or renaming. We'll just wait till darkcoin goes trough one of its mood swings again and decides to, by your definition "rebrand" and "rename" by mine. Problem solved.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:40:12 PM

I understand that there are members here bitter that the owner/developer of dashcoin sold the right to the name to the DASH community.  If dashcoin was/is a viable stand alone coin, even thought the original developer didn't think so, why not rebrand to something the new community and new owners/developers are excited about.  There would always be the arielbits of the world out there that would bang their chest and cry fowl...but I'm thinking if there is something new and happening here why not rebrand?  Unless of course there is something to be said on riding the popularity of DASH.  And that is a viable strategy too...and has its own merits.  Just a discussion, and not trolling or trying to stir anything, but facilitating a conversation.  I hold this coin too...

there is no "new community" or "new developer"

there was simply a failed Evan Duffield takeover or failed Darkcoin/DASH takeover
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 12:09:14 AM

Seriously...what is your anger issues man.  How about take all the vitriol and create something positive here and maybe respond in a professional and civilized manner.  I do this for a hobby and play around with this for fun.   Maybe you think its fun being and acting all weird and angry like you do.  You'd get way further by reaching out and embracing people and seeing every situation as a window of opportunity.  But hey...you run your community in the manner you wish.  I was just making a conversation and observation. 

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:16:36 AM

I would like to share why I invested in Dashcoin...

I like the name.

It is a 100% clone of bytecoin --> the first cryptonote coin

I didn't see it dying due to lack of funds for the developer.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:20:30 AM

Seriously...what is your anger issues man.  How about take all the vitriol and create something positive here and maybe respond in a professional and civilized manner.  I do this for a hobby and play around with this for fun.   Maybe you think its fun being and acting all weird and angry like you do.  You'd get way further by reaching out and embracing people and seeing every situation as a window of opportunity.  But hey...you run your community in the manner you wish.  I was just making a conversation and observation. 

I'm not angry, why would I?

I just make the letters go BIG to make it very clear what's the REAL situation of Dashcoin...because it was so obvious you are stirring or squeezing an agenda that is moving away from the name "Dashcoin" and to rebrand to something else

for me..DASH has given Dashcoin an exposure...and we will enjoy it  Wink 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: