Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Tuesday now, seems nothing will happen.  (Read 2606 times)
hannesnaude

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Firstbits : 1Hannes

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:27:18 PM

Last I heard assets with pirate exposure were still selling for 80% of face value. Anyone have an update?

24h average on the GLBSE is at ~50%.

I am shocked it is that high.

It can't go lower than that while Matthew is offering even odds on a default. Assuming an investor has the cash available and trusts Matthew, he can get 50% of his "investment" back by simply making a bet with Matthew for 50% of his exposure.

Pirate defaults : Investment lost, bet won.
Pirate pays out 100% : Investment safe, bet loses.
Best case : Pirate pays out 99% and bet wins.

I really don't understand Matthew's motivation here. To risk 10k BTC on some guy (who you yourself claim not to trust) paying out, simply to make a point about how people should say:

It is probably a ponzi.
rather than
It is a ponzi.
 Huh

All I can say is he probably knows something we don't.

EDITED: Realised an investor wouldn't need to have the cash available, since he will only have to pay Matthew once Pirate has paid out.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:37:59 PM

Last I heard assets with pirate exposure were still selling for 80% of face value. Anyone have an update?

24h average on the GLBSE is at ~50%.

I am shocked it is that high.

It can't go lower than that while Matthew is offering even odds on a default. Assuming an investor has the cash available and trusts Matthew, he can get 50% of his "investment" back by simply making a bet with Matthew for 50% of his exposure.

Big assumption there. Could just as likely lose everything.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: