Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:43:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you would be able to get back in early 2009, what would you do?  (Read 3452 times)
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:53:39 PM

I would start a religion based on time travel. It will supplant Scientology as the dominant commercialized religion in the world.

Oh yeah, and I would buy as much bitcoin as possible, but that's secondary.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 01:39:59 AM

I actually took out a loan for property mortgage back in 2009. If I had that information I knew today, I would just stop the loan and use the down payment meant for the property to buy up bitcoins. Plus I would even sell my car, including everything I have at that time to get as many coins as possible. I don't mind waiting for 4 years before I can turn everything around with that amount of coins.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:27:22 AM

i would indeed like anyone else buy as many coins as possible. not a very difficult decission. i would buy bitcoin with my entire life savings.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:36:20 AM

So, if you come back in 2009, how would you structure your BTC related investments. Please post only scenarios which are financially viable. For example, I would take my $7 mil and buy every BTC domain known to man is not going to work. Only stuff you were able to do at that point in time pls.

Let us hear how would you make your millions in case you had a time machine to come back to 2009.  Grin

There is a paradox situation with this one, because if you are to be able to change the past, you would definetly change the future outcome also.
Its nice to dream about buying btc at a bargain prices, but large changes in bitcoins start might cause things not to evolve the way they did without your interaction,
in the end you could have all the knowledge about bitcoin from now, back in 2009, and your investments and tampering could make a future change in a way that
bitcoin doesnt even get past 5$ again.. imagine that.. knowing, and in the end , baghold once again, because there are no buyers..

cheers
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 03:44:16 AM

The problem with buying too much is, you risk destroying the eco-system and making bitcoin fail.

I'd probably cap myself at 210k coins max. I might keep a small stash of ~30k just for giveaways and such.

Oh, I'd also sell lazslo a few pizzas for sure. I'll even be nice enough to put foie gras, wagyu beef and truffles on the pizzas, and give him a complementary bottle of wine.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:37:03 AM

if back to 2009, I will collect bitcoin as much as possible and wait for a few years, and when in 2013 the price in figure $1000 I will sell it, then I will stop playing bitcoin and start a business in the real world, such as restaurants, making boarding house and the other: )
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:39:02 AM

The problem with buying too much is, you risk destroying the eco-system and making bitcoin fail.

I'd probably cap myself at 210k coins max. I might keep a small stash of ~30k just for giveaways and such.

Oh, I'd also sell lazslo a few pizzas for sure. I'll even be nice enough to put foie gras, wagyu beef and truffles on the pizzas, and give him a complementary bottle of wine.

This one seems quite efficient. You gain the most for peanuts. Also the argument about time-space continuum s valid. Maybe BTC would be $5 today or the diff would be gozilions cause of your mining investments in 2009 and this would prevent BTC development.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:40:07 AM

So, if you come back in 2009, how would you structure your BTC related investments. Please post only scenarios which are financially viable. For example, I would take my $7 mil and buy every BTC domain known to man is not going to work. Only stuff you were able to do at that point in time pls.

Let us hear how would you make your millions in case you had a time machine to come back to 2009.  Grin

I'd buy all the major bitcoin domain step 1, wouldnt cost that much.  

Step 2, Use all the rest of funds i had at that time to buy bitcoin.

Step 3, Convert all BTC to Litecoin when it started

Step 4, Convert all litecoin back to BTC when Litecoin hit $50

Be super rich.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:33:40 AM

I would buy as much bitcoin as possible and build a huge mining farm. I would focus on controlling the biggest mining farm with around 45-50% of the  total hash rate. I would also invest in bitcoin related startups and businesses.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:37:05 AM

Easy question - pretty easy answer. Just buy a couple hundred thousand coins (considering 20K was worth a pizza, it would probably cost you a couple hundred bucks), store them away and remind myself to research all the tax laws later on. Then convert at any point over $100 (preferably back when it was worth $1K), pay whatever capital gains taxes and sit pretty with like 20 million dollars. Don't think I'd need much more - anymore would just be an ego boost to be honest.
Mr.K

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:37:44 AM

If i was able to get back in early 2009, i would learn more about Bitcoin and buy a batch of Bitcoin.
But if is just if!!!
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:09:17 AM

If i had time machine i will go back to 2009 whatever money i have now and buy bitcoins and sell it when bitcoin was at top dollar and buy some more at current price. Grin
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 08:16:08 AM

i would buy the biggest and badasses farm that could ever exist, and take the control of at least 33% of the network, to this i might add more miners to take the control of 33% of every other algo, then i would donate 10% of my btc to poor or people with economic problem

so back then 20 PCs should be enough 

Grin

coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:33:37 AM

2009 is not enough for me... to really fix things up for myself I'd probably have to go back all the way to 1999. I would do a lot of things differently.

btcfinans

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:42:27 AM

I d advise my 2009 version: "Take it easy fella everythings gonna be okay"

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:58:09 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2015, 12:09:12 PM by LaudaM

I said realistic what if scenarios. Were you really able to buy that kind of farm in 2009? Did you funding for that at that point in time?
well yes, if i had started early, i would have acquired at least 100k bitcoin(maybe even more), even if we consider your amount only(7M) you can already build a very big farm
Unfortunately you are talking nonsense again. Where would you pull the funding from? You're participating in a signature campaign and doing a lot of posts so you probably need it.
Back in those days you needed a lot of CPUs, meaning a lot of full computers. Having quite a portion of the network did cost a lot even though there. That's not very realistic.

You would be probably better off buying as soon as someone offered Bitcoin at any rates back then. You could have easily acquired 100k Bitcoin. At least that's what I would do.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:06:05 PM

i would buy the biggest and badasses farm that could ever exist, and take the control of at least 33% of the network, to this i might add more miners to take the control of 33% of every other algo, then i would donate 10% of my btc to poor or people with economic problem

so back then 20 PCs should be enough 

Grin

Does anyone remember what was the hottest GPU at that time and what was the price? I had Nvidia at that time so that would not work.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2672
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 02:26:46 PM

I'd mine. Not so I could be super rich by now (although that might be nice), but to simply be more involved in the growth and future of bitcoin.

Me

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 02:45:20 PM

I'd mine. Not so I could be super rich by now (although that might be nice), but to simply be more involved in the growth and future of bitcoin.

Me
Just mining would have been a mistake. In 2009 the exchange rate was $1 = 1,309.03 BTC. Investing $1000 would give you 1 309 030. Technically you could buy up all the coins on the market for a small amount of money. Mining and buying at the same time would be the perfect target. You'd always have BTC to support your future investments.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:48:07 PM

If I got back in early 2009, I would tell Satoshi how amazing he is, sell of my property and give the money to him, get his phone number, then like anyone else, I would buy and mine as many bitcoins as I can then finally in 2014 I would call-up Satoshi and give him 50% of my investment in his technology.

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: