Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:56:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you would be able to get back in early 2009, what would you do?  (Read 3452 times)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:25:10 PM

If I got back in early 2009, I would tell Satoshi how amazing he is, sell of my property and give the money to him, get his phone number, then like anyone else, I would buy and mine as many bitcoins as I can then finally in 2014 I would call-up Satoshi and give him 50% of my investment in his technology.

So you probably spend your days ass kissing Satoshi? I have to say that s a new solution nobody has come up with.  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:29:39 PM

If I got back in early 2009, I would tell Satoshi how amazing he is, sell of my property and give the money to him, get his phone number, then like anyone else, I would buy and mine as many bitcoins as I can then finally in 2014 I would call-up Satoshi and give him 50% of my investment in his technology.

So you probably spend your days ass kissing Satoshi? I have to say that s a new solution nobody has come up with.  Grin

You might scare him away and that would be the end of it. Satoshi is above such earthly things as ass kissing. Or if you did get Satoshi's phone number you might wind up in a shipping crate in Afghanistan listening to Barney the Dinosaur for 96 hours. We'll never know.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:33:04 PM

So you probably spend your days ass kissing Satoshi? I have to say that s a new solution nobody has come up with.  Grin

You might scare him away and that would be the end of it. Satoshi is above such earthly things as ass kissing. Or if you did get Satoshi's phone number you might wind up in a shipping crate in Afghanistan listening to Barney the Dinosaur for 96 hours. We'll never know.

I m sure that at the point of creation of his life work, all Satoshi had in mind was some foreigner arriving to his place to share his ideas with.

NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:07:11 PM

So you probably spend your days ass kissing Satoshi? I have to say that s a new solution nobody has come up with.  Grin

Well, every little, helps  Grin

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 06:53:22 AM

I would not have gotten back with my ex for the sake of the kids, that's what. That would have saved me over € 50.000 in debts and a lot of screaming and fights which did none of us good. That is what I would do if I could go back. And then ofcourse invest big on bitcoin Tongue

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:32:57 PM

I would not have gotten back with my ex for the sake of the kids, that's what. That would have saved me over € 50.000 in debts and a lot of screaming and fights which did none of us good. That is what I would do if I could go back. And then ofcourse invest big on bitcoin Tongue

If I had a time-machine and only 1 chance to use it, I would pass it on to you bro. You would use it better then I would.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:37:18 PM

I'd buy even four pizzas for Laszlo Hanyecz Smiley.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 07:14:21 PM

If I had a Hot Tub Time Machine to go back to 2009, I'd do 3 things:

1)Buy up as many BTC's on whatever exchange was open at the time.  If it's Mt Gox, so be it.  I'd roofie Mark Karpeles, take some compromising pics of him with a Transgender prostitute and a goat, then black mail him into stepping down as CEO.

2)Setup the baddest mining farm that money could buy at the time.  AMD's to fill up a warehouse.  Mine non stop and setup a legit cloud mining service, CHUCKHASH.IO

3)Tell Ross Ulbricht and Charlie Shrem that I came from the future, show them my Hot Tub Time Machine, cover up their paper trails, and to step down from their posts to seek other Crypto opportunities

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:16:51 PM

i would make sure my hot ex-girlfriend doesn't dump me and i would buy a ton of btc to enjoy and make it rain with/on her :p
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:41:45 PM

i would make sure my hot ex-girlfriend doesn't dump me and i would buy a ton of btc to enjoy and make it rain with/on her :p

Heh. Nah, it s better to let her dump you and then get rick. So you can tell her after she dumped a millionaire.... Grin

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:12:49 PM

Heh. Nah, it s better to let her dump you and then get rick. So you can tell her after she dumped a millionaire.... Grin

Hah good one, parking my brand new lambo on purpose on a spot where she takes the bus with other students and everyone jaw drops when they see me in my car with a dope tune playing and then she notices me when i step out of the car like a playa haha, omg bitcoin please reach 10k Embarrassed
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:53:36 PM

The situation in 2009 is almost as it is today: Almost no one can see the potential of bitcoin  Cheesy

People are facing the similar decision making difficulty when it comes to bitcoin, no matter it is 2009 or 2015: It can either be very big, or almost nothing

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:57:02 PM

The situation in 2009 is almost as it is today: Almost no one can see the potential of bitcoin  Cheesy

People are facing the similar decision making difficulty when it comes to bitcoin, no matter it is 2009 or 2015: It can either be very big, or almost nothing

1 major difference. U cant make shit load of BTC for the price of 2 pizzas.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:58:29 PM

So, if you come back in 2009, how would you structure your BTC related investments. Please post only scenarios which are financially viable. For example, I would take my $7 mil and buy every BTC domain known to man is not going to work. Only stuff you were able to do at that point in time pls.

Let us hear how would you make your millions in case you had a time machine to come back to 2009.  Grin
Sell my house, sell everything inside my house, sell my car (if I had one).
Get all that useless fiat and go all in with Bitcoin.
Hold for 15 years and realize I dont even need to sell.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:43:00 PM

Those who had shit load of BTC had thrown them away easily because it worth almost nothing by then, just like you throwing out shit load of satoshis without regret (Maybe you will regret after 6 years, maybe not, it is the same situation in 2009)

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:37:53 PM

Those who had shit load of BTC had thrown them away easily because it worth almost nothing by then, just like you throwing out shit load of satoshis without regret (Maybe you will regret after 6 years, maybe not, it is the same situation in 2009)

This is true. Very few people believed in BTC in 2009. Those that did believe, capitalized on it big time. Isn't this the same with all big tech and ideas?

bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

I would mine and hodl.
Synister

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:02:38 PM

haha, maybe if I was back in 2009 I would buy bitcoin as much as possible and sell it in 2013
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:19:59 AM

Buy 100k BTC.

Tell everybody that annoy me in my life to fuck off.

Sell half at peak 1200$.

Rub it in their faces in 2012-2013.

Sell the other half at the 2019 peak at 54 876$

You got im from the future.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:33:04 AM

i would buy the biggest and badasses farm that could ever exist, and take the control of at least 33% of the network, to this i might add more miners to take the control of 33% of every other algo, then i would donate 10% of my btc to poor or people with economic problem

I said realistic what if scenarios. Were you really able to buy that kind of farm in 2009? Did you funding for that at that point in time?
Well, that's as realistic as imagining you own some sort of time machine that allows you to travel back in time right.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: