Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:29:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you would be able to get back in early 2009, what would you do?  (Read 3452 times)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:15:15 PM

So, if you come back in 2009, how would you structure your BTC related investments. Please post only scenarios which are financially viable. For example, I would take my $7 mil and buy every BTC domain known to man is not going to work. Only stuff you were able to do at that point in time pls.

Let us hear how would you make your millions in case you had a time machine to come back to 2009.  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:34:42 PM

i would buy the biggest and badasses farm that could ever exist, and take the control of at least 33% of the network, to this i might add more miners to take the control of 33% of every other algo, then i would donate 10% of my btc to poor or people with economic problem
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:43:14 PM

i would buy the biggest and badasses farm that could ever exist, and take the control of at least 33% of the network, to this i might add more miners to take the control of 33% of every other algo, then i would donate 10% of my btc to poor or people with economic problem

I said realistic what if scenarios. Were you really able to buy that kind of farm in 2009? Did you funding for that at that point in time?

Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:54:47 PM

Ok a realistic scenario. I'd take a credit, borrow money from everyone I knew, sold everything I could and put all that money into Bitcoin. I'd also buy some GPUs and start a small mining farm. Then I'd hold it all until April 2013 and dump it all at the top of that big pump just to buy more in the following months. Then I'd probably sell some of it in December and become a millionaire and kept the rest because it can become even bigger.
My investment structure would look like this: live in a trailer or a cabin like a hermit for the next 3-4 years and wait until my coins jump from 0.5USD to 1000USD Cheesy

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:56:25 PM

I said realistic what if scenarios. Were you really able to buy that kind of farm in 2009? Did you funding for that at that point in time?

well yes, if i had started early, i would have acquired at least 100k bitcoin(maybe even more), even if we consider your amount only(7M) you can already build a very big farm
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:58:48 PM

well yes, if i had started early, i would have acquired at least 100k bitcoin(maybe even more), even if we consider your amount only(7M) you can already build a very big farm

Would you tell anyone about it? Would you try to convince your friends and family to step in?

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:06:18 PM

Would you tell anyone about it? Would you try to convince your friends and family to step in?

i would convince my family/parents to work with me on it, in this way i can save money on staffing, the problem would be about the cost of electricity, i will need to move to another place, where electricity is cheap enough
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:17:49 PM

I would have invested about 10k, savings i had around that time which would have been 40 000 BTC then i would have sold at the peak for 50 000 000 $
I would have also told my friends and family to do the same.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 07:22:06 PM

Let us hear how would you make your millions in case you had a time machine to come back to 2009.  Grin
Start funding the creation of a decentralized darknet marketplace, so it'd be both anti-fragile and voluminous today.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:33:11 PM

Nothing difficult, just easy stuff that will get you the most out of your investment.

I would try to get the highest possible mortgage that my income will allow. I simply buy in a huge load of coins and sit on them with a big smile on my face.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:36:53 PM

I would sell everything I own and buy as much BTC as possible. I would probably be homeless for the next 4 years lol.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:47:37 PM

It would've finished 2009 at $10,000 if there was a sniff of what we know now.

If we go by the first exchange rate published anywhere, which I think was 1309 or so bitcoins for a dollar, you could've bought up every single coin at the time for a couple of grand. Lots of people can afford that.

I would've been modest and kept 21,000 for myself. I probably wouldn't have been able to resist piling up a lot more to give away and blow minds as the years went by.

If I'd gathered gargantuan numbers, I'd sell off a couple of hundred a day in return for donations to charities of my choice.

sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:24:28 PM

I would have packed in smoking and spent all my cigarette money on bitcoins until they hit 50 cents each.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:31:04 PM

You only need to spend a few thousand dollars early on to be very wealthy in late 2013, and that assumes you give away or lose 1/2 of your coins! I would invest at least $20,000 so I can have plenty of room for fun and sharing.

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:09:42 PM

I dont think I would do anything that drastic. I would make 4 decent rigs, top shelf GPUs for that time, 4 GPUs each rig and let those hash through 2009,2010 and 2011. Also I would sell my house, car, phone, clothes and my tooth brush and buy some BTC.

Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:18:41 PM

You only need to spend a few thousand dollars early on to be very wealthy in late 2013, and that assumes you give away or lose 1/2 of your coins! I would invest at least $20,000 so I can have plenty of room for fun and sharing.
Yea sharing... It's always easy to share the money you don't have and then you hit a jackpot and turn into a scrooge. Wink

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:22:40 PM

Yea sharing... It's always easy to share the money you don't have and then you hit a jackpot and turn into a scrooge. Wink

Well, there's a case to be made for keeping silent too. You open yourself up for a world of pain if it becomes common knowledge that you've made bank. People can get awfully strange and entitled if they know you outgun them financially.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 09:28:16 PM

“The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us.”
-Michel Foucault

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:29:42 PM

Well, there's a case to be made for keeping silent too. You open yourself up for a world of pain if it becomes common knowledge that you've made bank. People can get awfully strange and entitled if they know you outgun them financially.

You would also avoid being locked up in some institutions. I see future, you say, I know about this magic coin, I know it is going to rise in the future.....yeah right.

coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:23:32 PM

It wouldn't work, we'll all be fighting in time-space. Satoshi always wins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: