Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:31:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PAPERBACK - Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies  (Read 27190 times)
m_rippon

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:14:00 PM

I've just received twelve pages from Elias about Lealana. Three pages of detailed information about the company and its coins followed by nine pages about nine coins. There are photographs of the front and back of each coin. There is a table which depicts the mintage of different styles of each coin, the material, weight, and grade (if any). Each page provides data about the coin and reveals any unusual or intriguing features such as the lack of a "pit" for some of the 10 LTC silver coins (2013).

It's impressive work. I'll be reading it tonight and letting Elias know my thoughts.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:42:03 PM

I want number 24 please! PM me with payment details and such.
elianite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1137

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 11:37:05 PM

I want number 24 please! PM me with payment details and such.

PM sent!

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
m_rippon

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:16:39 PM

Elias, I'm sure people would be interested to know roughly how many manufacturers you are writing about. From the spreadsheet you sent me, it looks like an impressive and substantial number.
CryptoImperator
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1312

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 10:38:50 AM

Good luck with the book elianite! Hope it includes our recently released Gold Doge Smiley

I will not PM you with other accounts, double check via mail or Twitter that you are dealing with the correct account. Be careful, I will not send you any links.
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 08:05:49 PM

Good luck with the book elianite! Hope it includes our recently released Gold Doge Smiley

Without question. the coin is quite something!

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 08:31:27 PM

Elianite and m_ribbon, will you share any screenshots of he book once it comes together? Will this be hardback or softback? What are the dimensions of the book? I'm glad to see the list of reserved spots is growing...I might be a buyer soon (need to save up some 'coin!)

Good luck and congrats!

Hi, these questions may have been missed or maybe they've already been answered. Can you give me some insights or direct me to where they answers may be located?

Thanks and good luck!

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 08:54:27 PM

Elianite and m_ribbon, will you share any screenshots of he book once it comes together? Will this be hardback or softback? What are the dimensions of the book? I'm glad to see the list of reserved spots is growing...I might be a buyer soon (need to save up some 'coin!)

Good luck and congrats!

Hi, these questions may have been missed or maybe they've already been answered. Can you give me some insights or direct me to where they answers may be located?

Thanks and good luck!

To answer your questions;

- The book will be soft-back
- The dimensions are expected to be about 9" by 6"
- Naturally, it will be printed in color

Below, are some of the Lealana pages that are mostly complete.

uvdmnte

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:32:23 AM

Hi there..I want  number 23 please. PM me payment details..thanks
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:22:03 PM

I feel like we are getting close to the release.   Cool

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:19:59 AM

if 20 is still available, let me know. Well. Either way, let me know what is available and how to pay (I'm in the usa). This seems pretty cool. It's hard to navigate all the physical coins and hopefully this helps! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 02:32:45 AM

Any updates on when this will be done?
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2217
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:49:56 AM

would also like to reserve a copy if theres any left?

space for rent, shilling for sats
elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:18:54 AM

lots of replies today!

Yes, previously announced completion deadline still stands; It will be ready in December.
I will soon be sending various manufacturers PDF's of the written content of that is about them for fact-checking.

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:22:35 AM

Any updates on when this will be done?

Would make a nice holiday present!! Smiley

That it will be Wink

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 01:12:35 AM

Update:

I have opened up an additional 10 numbers that can be reserved

Also, I received a question regarding shipping to Australia. Australia is now included along with EU, US, and Canada as having no extra shipping cost. All shipping will be via International Surface unless you wish to pay an additional $15 for airmail or even more for something fancy Smiley

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 01:39:34 AM

I hope you sell a lot of these books. I think the physical crypto coin market will just continue to get stronger and stronger. Are you going to be signing the first editions of these books?
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:59:59 AM

So when is the deadline for the release of these books?? Or will it just be waiting until the max reserve spots of 100 get placed?

elianite (OP)
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 02:32:22 AM

I hope you sell a lot of these books. I think the physical crypto coin market will just continue to get stronger and stronger. Are you going to be signing the first editions of these books?

I will sign each of the 1st edition books.

So when is the deadline for the release of these books?? Or will it just be waiting until the max reserve spots of 100 get placed?

The deadline I have made for myself is that this book will be completed in 2015, which means December. Once the book is ready, it will go to print; I am not waiting on any particular number, though I did say earlier that I needed atleast 25 (which I now have). Anything more up to 100 is ofcourse nice Smiley
If for example the book is completed in mid November with 32 reservations, then so it shall be. I might of course print a few more to sell later (up to 100 total) if I want to, but we will see.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 02:52:12 AM

I will sign each of the 1st edition books.

The deadline I have made for myself is that this book will be completed in 2015, which means December. Once the book is ready, it will go to print; I am not waiting on any particular number, though I did say earlier that I needed atleast 25 (which I now have). Anything more up to 100 is ofcourse nice Smiley
If for example the book is completed in mid November with 32 reservations, then so it shall be. I might of course print a few more to sell later (up to 100 total) if I want to, but we will see.

So all the books reserved now will be signed? Not just the first 25?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: