Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:51:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Net Neutrality in India  (Read 2344 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 05:38:34 AM

I agree with you except one thing. Christians schools' majority of staffs are Christians but in Muslims schools it isn't like that. They recruit non-Muslims too just like Hindu schools.

Who said that?  Shocked

I studied in a Convent school and I had mostly Hindu teachers. Yeah, it was run by Nuns but because it is a convent school and Government aided. I honestly never considered religion as an important factor and hence I never noted the religion of my teachers or friends but now I am feeling that religion is a very important factor. Is it so important?

When anybody asks me how many employees are there in my office, I saw 4000 employees are there. I don't say 500 Muslims, 200 Catholics, 100 Hindus and so on.

I'm sorry but this sounds quite odd when somebody discriminates in terms of religion/caste/country/culture. If a person is injured on the road, I don't ask them what religion they belong to as first they are human beings.

I don't like my own religion as except me, 90% of catholics give importance to the word RELIGION. I don't agree with their views nor their beliefs. I asked a priest to bless my grandmother's grave and he said it's not his job. From that day, I felt there's no use of being a catholic or belong to any other religion as all they care is for themselves. If you are a good human being, I am your friend else not.

All Gods are one. No matter how God looks like.

I didn't say religion is important factor in school and/or office. I said in general how the school is when he mentioned about it. I don't discriminate people because of religion. I have friends from most religions. Anyway, come back to the topic. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:26:14 AM

Internet is the most powerful invention of our time, it has changed the game just like the wheel and agriculture did for mankind. Any attempt to make internet dependent of fancies and greed of politicians and big corporate houses will defeat the very purpose of internet.
Net neutrality is really important for India like developing country.
panju1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:18:29 PM

Internet is the most powerful invention of our time, it has changed the game just like the wheel and agriculture did for mankind. Any attempt to make internet dependent of fancies and greed of politicians and big corporate houses will defeat the very purpose of internet.

Public opinion (at least among the internet class) is really in favour of net neutrality.
The government has to weigh public opinion against the telcos' money.
Net neutrality may be important, but you can't be sure that the government will make the right decision.  Smiley
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:27:08 PM

Net Neutrality in India is simply not possible. The Internet Service Provider Companies charges very high prices as compared to other countries. And the reason is India's Population is mostly consist of youth and youth is so addicted to internet that they are ready to pay even high rates and companies are taking benefits of it.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:15:21 PM

Yup that's true that net neutrality is very much important for the developing country like India as now everything works on internet but due to Government of India participation in it the service providers are charging very heavy rates as compared to other countries which should be lowered down.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:31:05 AM

Yup that's true that net neutrality is very much important for the developing country like India as now everything works on internet but due to Government of India participation in it the service providers are charging very heavy rates as compared to other countries which should be lowered down.

Yeah Indians are being cheated by the service providers as they are charging them very heavily and in return not providing the best services possible and now the scenario is everything goes in hand to hand with internet so the consumers are even ready to pay more for the services.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:13:34 PM

Yeah Indians are being cheated by the service providers as they are charging them very heavily and in return not providing the best services possible and now the scenario is everything goes in hand to hand with internet so the consumers are even ready to pay more for the services.

There are two major reasons for this.

A. Taxes - Taxes are extreme. Service Tax, VAT, Spectrum fee, Corporate tax.etc will account for more than 75% of the broadband bill in India.

B. Lack of competition - There are only a dozen or so broadband providers in India, and all of them are pathetic in providing the basic services.

Unless someone organizes mass protests against this system, nothing is going to change.
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:28:43 AM

There are two major reasons for this.

A. Taxes - Taxes are extreme. Service Tax, VAT, Spectrum fee, Corporate tax.etc will account for more than 75% of the broadband bill in India.

B. Lack of competition - There are only a dozen or so broadband providers in India, and all of them are pathetic in providing the basic services.

Unless someone organizes mass protests against this system, nothing is going to change.

Yeah A battle that could decide the future of Internet in India is being fought online, between telecom users and operators. In less than a week more than 8 lacs Indians have sent emails to India's telecom regulator demanding a free and fair internet services.

Net neutrality means service providers should treat all traffic equally. Users should be able to access all websites at same speed and same cost.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: