Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin stabalizing again or will it plummet even further than the weekend?  (Read 4975 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:18:47 PM

Forgive me if this has already been speculated elsewhere, but has anyone considered the possibility of pirate sending large numbers of coins to invalid addresses to cause maximum carnage?

the rest of the existing coins will be worth more, so the only people losing would be Pirate and his investors.

Hmmm, it depends how many he trashes, the rate he does it, the lies he tells about who's really trashing the coins, the nature and timing of the roguish taunting he accompanies the little waves of coin genocides with etc

I mean, I realise the remaining coinbase following a 400 000 BTC flushing would be worth more in the end. In the end. I wouldn't expect a sudden clean jump in value corresponding to the proportion by which the coin supply had reduced, for instance. Sell at $1, 000, 000?

Vires in numeris
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 02:53:16 AM

Forgive me if this has already been speculated elsewhere, but has anyone considered the possibility of pirate sending large numbers of coins to invalid addresses to cause maximum carnage?

the rest of the existing coins will be worth more, so the only people losing would be Pirate and his investors.

Hmmm, it depends how many he trashes, the rate he does it, the lies he tells about who's really trashing the coins, the nature and timing of the roguish taunting he accompanies the little waves of coin genocides with etc

I mean, I realise the remaining coinbase following a 400 000 BTC flushing would be worth more in the end. In the end. I wouldn't expect a sudden clean jump in value corresponding to the proportion by which the coin supply had reduced, for instance. Sell at $1, 000, 000?

Why the hell would anybody burn that much (nonfiat) money?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: