Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:01:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcointalk seems to be dying, people are not responding  (Read 602 times)
bitbets (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:36:52 AM

I notice a big change in the altcoin section at bitcointalk, since 2013,

it used to be, that there was alot of response, mostly negative, but also many positive and people jumping to join in with a coin whether they mined it or not.

Nowadays, you can see for yourself, I have bumped a poll a few times now, and only got one response.

That means that part of the altcoin section is mostly dead, there isn't anyone there who has the energy to even reply or vote in a poll.

Here is the link to my poll I made, but it only has 1 vote so far( not mine, someone else actually voted, but no one has replied at all in the thread at all )
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1002430.0

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin.user.x

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:41:34 AM

It is because the altcoins you mentioned isn't popular... (at least I don't know them).
However the popularity of bitcoin is dropped (see the price for reference).
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 03:50:07 AM

That's because virtually all altcoins were always a dead end. Any altcoin developed during the mass monetising period where everyone was trying to make a quick buck based on pump and dump or scam was doomed from inception. They only ever had next to zero value, and now that the value of bitcoin has dropped, all the altcoins have proportionately dropped meaning they have zero value. The only time altcoins ever have a chance of being meaningful and helpful technology is when there is no money to be made from them and they're developed purely for experimental technology reasons. If you're there looking for the next wave of money to be made, you're in the wrong place and perhaps it only now has a chance at providing meaningful discussion. The reality is that very few people are capable of discussing at the technical level required to be meaningful purely for technology.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:52:50 AM

That's because virtually all altcoins were always a dead end. Any altcoin developed during the mass monetising period where everyone was trying to make a quick buck based on pump and dump or scam was doomed from inception. They only ever had next to zero value, and now that the value of bitcoin has dropped, all the altcoins have proportionately dropped meaning they have zero value. The only time altcoins ever have a chance of being meaningful and helpful technology is when there is no money to be made from them and they're developed purely for experimental technology reasons. If you're there looking for the next wave of money to be made, you're in the wrong place and perhaps it only now has a chance at providing meaningful discussion. The reality is that very few people are capable of discussing at the technical level required to be meaningful purely for technology.
cosign

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
bitbets (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:01:15 AM

It is because the altcoins you mentioned isn't popular... (at least I don't know them).
However the popularity of bitcoin is dropped (see the price for reference).

Thank you for replying Smiley

1- Smartcoin actually was popular at first, until the original creator/dev suddenly decided to quit being involved,
and then people gave up too quick and dumped their coins, rather than rebuilding.
I feel bad if people lost some time and money when this happened, but at the same time,
other peoples misfortunes is sometimes other peoples gain. People who buy in low and help to rebuild can gain.
But smartcoin has been rebuilding since then, with a part-time dev, a friendly fellow named psionin,
although he is only part-time, but I reason a part-time dev is better than no dev at all, and psionin
made a scrypt coin into an X11 coin.
I mean, Smartcoin was a scrypt coin at first, but psionin made it X11.
I personally believe that current price of smartcoin makes smartcoin a good speculative investment,
and if/when some other people see that, and invest, and then do some things that they can do to help smartcoin to be a more widely used currency, then the price of smartcoins should go up, and their investments should increase as well.

2- I know the price of bitcoin has dropped, I do not understand why,
but I am thinking that bitcoin has grown much larger than it was in 2013.
The explosion of altcoins, with the vast majority of all those coins needing people to buy bitcoins first,
prior to buying their altcoin, is one indicator of how much bitcoin has grown.
I think bitcoin has grown much larger, but how can it be you are saying that 'popularity of bitcoin has dropped'.

How can bitcoin grow so much, and yet be less popular now than it was in 2013?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
bitbets (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:12:13 AM

I actually agree with you about not many of us being capable of discussing at the technical level required to be meaningful purely for technology.
I am included in that, I am not the most techie person around.

But, I think I remember there was quite a few people involved in bitcoins in 2013, who used to say this similar type of thing, but as we saw, they were wrong, when we saw how the altcoins boomed in december 2013.

The people who read the forums and posts, have minds of their own, and can pick apart things, to see opportunities, because of their own careers and life experiences, though that type of dogma strives to exclude them entirely from any kind of involvement.

I am actually involved with smartcoin to help smartcoin become a more widely used and accepted currency, and it is in that way that I can gain on my investment.
But by doing so, I am helping bitcoin, for example, today I put a bitcoin currency symbol onto a smartcoin forum where I am admin of.
Not any of the other altcoins, but a bitcoin currency symbol. Smartcoin is traded with bitcoin.
I also find myself explaining to people that they will need to get a bitcoin wallet, and buy some bitcoins,
in order to buy some smartcoins if that is what they want to do. Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

bitbets (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:22:44 AM

cosign

What r3wt? cosign what?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:24:52 AM

I believe r3wt is saying that he agrees with everything -ck said in his post.
r3wt

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:28:06 AM

I agree with everything ckolivas(or -ck is his name now i guess) said in his post.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
bitbets (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:33:51 AM

I agree with everything ckolivas(or -ck is his name now i guess) said in his post.

Quoting from under your profile pic, r3wt
"always the student, never the master"

If you like, we can discuss every sentence and everything he said,

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

r3wt

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:45:23 AM

Quoting from under your profile pic, r3wt
"always the student, never the master"

If you like, we can discuss every sentence and everything he said,

I'll pass for now, but you can expand on your thoughts if there's something you personally disagreed with in his post, which i considered to quite succinctly sum my feelings on this matter.

Bear in my mind that I'm person who has went through the seasons of heart here. Both bad and good things

bitbets (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:51:48 AM

Before you go getting all upset, I will have you know that I am a bitcoiner. obviously.

1- That's because virtually all altcoins were always a dead end
ALTCOINS HAVE PROVEN THIS TO BE UNTRUE

2- Any altcoin developed during the mass monetising period where everyone was trying to make a quick buck based on pump and dump or scam was doomed from inception.
This is a moral or legal statement you are making. There wasn't any state-regulation going on, or very minimal. Not that I agree with people trying to suck in investors to buy over-inflated priced coins, as miners did do during that time period. It likely turned off alot of investors. I do agree with you on this in some ways. that is why I generally didn't buy the high priced new coins being pumped, but waited until I saw a coin get dumped where I saw value, and that is how I got involved and invested into smartcoin.  There wasn't any value in buying over-priced coins from new coins from miners who were decieving and pumping those coins, I saw that at the time.

3- They only ever had next to zero value
I agree, none of these so-called digital 'coins' have any value at all,
except for created or percieved values, and that means they do have some value.

4- and now that the value of bitcoin has dropped, all the altcoins have proportionately dropped meaning they have zero value
Some of the altcoins have gone up, while bitcoin went down. I think there is some kind of co-relation between altcoin prices and bitcoin prices, but what specifically is that corelationship?

5- The only time altcoins ever have a chance of being meaningful and helpful technology is when there is no money to be made from them and they're developed purely for experimental technology reasons
I know someone did say bitcoin is an experiment, but just because someone says something is a certain way, doesn't quite mean that is true either, but maybe partly but not fully, there seems to be more to it than that.
Also, basing any value of any of these coins, only on the tech involved with the coin, is obviously way too narrow minded, once again, I am saying to you, that people who read this, do have minds of their own, and have different life experiences than that, to prove that statement wrong.
There are many other parameters of potential value in any of the coins, not just the tech side of things.

6-

Stop. do I need to continue. No. I think I proved my point.
But I can continue if you want me to Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 04:57:50 AM

None of your responses actually are mutually exclusive of any of the points I said by the way so they're not counterarguments in any way, nor do they undo the purpose of my commentary, which was to explain why people are not responding on the altcoin forum which was the original question.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
bitbets (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:01:44 AM

None of your responses actually are mutually exclusive of any of the points I said by the way so they're not counterarguments in any way, nor do they undo the purpose of my commentary, which was to explain why people are not responding on the altcoin forum which was the original question.

Thank you for responding.

Also, this thread is in a different part of the forums,

and I am getting good response rates here, but not at the altcoin discussion forum section.

I think that I got the cold shoulder treatment at the altcoin discussion section,

but not here in this thread, where several people have chimed in to reply,

and thank you for doing so, that cold shoulder stuff is no fun. Smiley

But, that raises a question!

What is going on, that the altcoin discussion section has become so cold and inactive,
that they did not even reply at all to a poll, except only one person voted?

That is a new question to wonder about.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: