Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly  (Read 56752 times)
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:07:23 PM

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Yes. After you save the money for a whole months, and withdraw, you can get the interest. Otherwise, you will lose the interest. For example, if you deposit on 6 of July, and withdraw on 6 of October, you will get 4 months interest. If you withdraw on 4 Oct, you will lose 29 days interest and get only 3 month interest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:21:49 PM

Thanks for the clarification, Eric.

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Yes. After you save the money for a whole months, and withdraw, you can get the interest. Otherwise, you will lose the interest. For example, if you deposit on 6 of July, and withdraw on 6 of October, you will get 4 months interest. If you withdraw on 4 Oct, you will lose 29 days interest and get only 3 month interest.
Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

you will still get the interest for the 29 days but you won't be able to see it until on the 30th or 31st.

You only "lose interest" on the high yield account if you withdraw early, the other account still accrues interest hourly, it's just how it is reported on the website that has changed.
Eric Mu (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

You won't lose it. But you will only be able to withdraw it on certain dates.
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:02:14 AM

Does that mean you will be unable to withdraw interest earned for a month until a month has passed?  Not sure if I understand that right.

Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

you will still get the interest for the 29 days but you won't be able to see it until on the 30th or 31st.

You only "lose interest" on the high yield account if you withdraw early, the other account still accrues interest hourly, it's just how it is reported on the website that has changed.

That's correct.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:17:25 AM

Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

That's correct.

Ask them to make this happen weekly though (the update). To break it down in an easier to understand model, let's assume an interest rate of 30% per month (1%/day).

I have 100 BTC. After 29 days, I have 129 BTC (we're excluding compound interest). I make a withdrawal of the full amount I see (100 BTC). Tomorrow I wake up to find that I have 29.29 BTC (29 left over + the .29 interest on that), leaving me with over 29 BTC left behind.

This is just a horrible model. It ensures that you can never withdraw everything -- by its very nature, you are forced to leave a balance in perpetuity. It makes no sense, and ADDS to the overhead since every single user that has ever used the service will always have cycles being used on their abandoned balances.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:46:12 AM

That's correct.

Ask them to make this happen weekly though (the update). To break it down in an easier to understand model, let's assume an interest rate of 30% per month (1%/day).

I have 100 BTC. After 29 days, I have 129 BTC (we're excluding compound interest). I make a withdrawal of the full amount I see (100 BTC). Tomorrow I wake up to find that I have 29.29 BTC (29 left over + the .29 interest on that), leaving me with over 29 BTC left behind.

This is just a horrible model. It ensures that you can never withdraw everything -- by its very nature, you are forced to leave a balance in perpetuity. It makes no sense, and ADDS to the overhead since every single user that has ever used the service will always have cycles being used on their abandoned balances.

I was wrong at first by stating that users won't be able to see how much interest they have earned until a full month has passed. After further communication with the tech, I was assured that users still can see the interest added to their balance hourly - no change at all in this regard.
The only change is that you won't be able to withdraw the interest, as opposed to the principal, until a full month has passed.
To use your scenario, assume that the month has 30 days. On the 30th day, you will only be able to withdraw 100 BTC even though your balance indicates that you have about 130 BTC. You will be able to withdraw everything at 8:00 am of the following month, that is 100+30 BTC (about).
You won't leave anything in your HaoBTC account except maybe a negligible amount.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:00:24 AM

Zocadas, you posted incorrect information.  Eric answered this exact question 7 posts earlier.

That's correct.

I was wrong at first by stating that users won't be able to see how much interest they have earned until a full month has passed. After further communication with the tech, I was assured that users still can see the interest added to their balance hourly - no change at all in this regard.
The only change is that you won't be able to withdraw the interest, as opposed to the principal, until a full month has passed.
To use your scenario, assume that the month has 30 days. On the 30th day, you will only be able to withdraw 100 BTC even though your balance indicates that you have about 130 BTC. You will be able to withdraw everything at 8:00 am of the following month, that is 100+30 BTC (about).
You won't leave anything in your HaoBTC account except maybe a negligible amount.

Ahhh, so you mean it is the difference we'll see in the two balances. At the top it shows:

Bitcoin balance: xxxx BTC
xxxx BTC available

But that brings on two more questions:

1) Is the interest compounded hourly still, rather than just being credited hourly?
2) How does this magically reduce overhead if the ONLY thing that changes is how often we can withdraw interest?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:40:11 AM

That's correct.

Ahhh, so you mean it is the difference we'll see in the two balances. At the top it shows:

xxxx BTC available

1) Is the interest compounded hourly still, rather than just being credited hourly?
2) How does this magically reduce overhead if the ONLY thing that changes is how often we can withdraw interest?

1) The interest will still be calculated the same way as it has always been.
2) The new method makes bookkeeping easier, I was told - though I am prob as befuddled as everyone else on this at the moment.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:27:41 AM

Not going to lie, when the announcement was first made it sounded like the reasoning behind this was to reduce server load.  This just seems like it would do nothing but increase server load and confusion.  You are going to have people out da butt who won't understand the concept or reasoning and be asking questions continuously.

It also means it would take a really long time to be able to fully cash out, as your interest will be earning interest that won't be able to be cashed out for another month.  Figuring this seems like such a headache just thinking about it.

So if I am reading it right, the interest on the 30th day of the month will be able to be withdrawn the following day?  Or will every time interest is accrued have to wait a month before it can be withdrawn?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:39:38 AM

So if I am reading it right, the interest on the 30th day of the month will be able to be withdrawn the following day? 
I believe this is correct.
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 07:56:49 AM

That's correct.

xxxx BTC available

I just received an explanation from the CEO:
Basically we have been allowing users to withdraw interest at random times, and there has always been small discrepancies between the interest that a user earns and the interest that he actually receives.
While this discrepancy is tiny to the point of being negligible in each individual case, as the number of users grows, the accumulated amount can multiply exponentially, leading to greater uncertainty.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:00:54 AM

That's correct.

xxxx BTC available

I just received an explanation from the CEO:
Basically we have been allowing users to withdraw interest at random times, and there has always been small discrepancies between the interest that a user earns and the interest that he actually receives.
While this discrepancy is tiny to the point of being negligible in each individual cases, as the number of users grows, the accumulated amount can multiply exponentially, leading to greater uncertainty.

Thanks for that explanation. Can you please ask him if he can change it to being a daily deposit? It would have the same effect on your side, but would be much more user-friendly.

OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:21:55 PM

so wait, our initial investment will be avalible for withdraw at any point, and interest's will be withdrawleble every 1st in the month :S?

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:50:23 AM

so wait, our initial investment will be avalible for withdraw at any point, and interest's will be withdrawleble every 1st in the month :S?

Yes.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:51:49 AM

Yeah, it's essentially like a bank now (as that's how they do it as well -- your balance remains the same and you're credited the full month's interest at the end of the month).

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:29:51 PM

Still, halleybtc offers the same service at significantly higher interest rate. Even Hashnest Pacmic pays higher APR then this.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:41:12 AM

Still, halleybtc offers the same service at significantly higher interest rate. Even Hashnest Pacmic pays higher APR then this.

Competition is good.
lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 03:23:17 AM

a really nice service to store your coins online and to get them all over the world.
also the support service is very fast and can solve issues bin 4 hours.
Also therefore you get a small invest amount of 6 on your charged wallet Wink

tahts great

keep it up guys !

regards
lama-hunter
Magnesium Coin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:37:01 AM

Would you like to increase your interest rate since the present rate is pretty low at the moment (comparing it with your competitor sites).

I would surely like to try out your site thereafter.

Moreover please translate the section where you have enlisted the blogs. All the headings are still in Chinese.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:08:01 AM

Would you like to increase your interest rate since the present rate is pretty low at the moment (comparing it with your competitor sites).

I would surely like to try out your site thereafter.

Moreover please translate the section where you have enlisted the blogs. All the headings are still in Chinese.
With mining difficulty going up I am pretty sure they will be more inclined to cut the interest rate then increase it.  The wallet interest rate at 6% may not seem like a lot but it's a bonus while your coins sit idle, where their financing is a great option for higher legitimate rewards. The only legitimate wallet I know with a higher rate than 6% is BW.com at 7.52%.

What exactly are you comparing it to?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: