Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: mining fees
3% - 1 (50%)
Transaction fees - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New PPS bitcoin/litecoin pool at btcminerpool.com 1% bonus  (Read 1705 times)
btcminerpool (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 09:35:33 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 03:37:45 PM by btcminerpool

hello this is a new pps mining pool for bitcoin and litecoin mining at www.btcminerpool.com we are trying to grow are pool users as it's just been finished now, we welcome every one to min bitcoins or litecoins  

>mining is 3% for pool fees

>you can set a auto payout of 0001

Pool information

(This pool will stay running until bitcoin or litecoin dies)

with the bitcoin pool it is Pay Per Share and a pool bonus of 1%

on the litcoin pool it is pay per share as well and a pool bonus of 1%

pool hash rate is 0.450 Th/s

the pool Efficienc: 98.87%

Current Active Workers: 2 workers currently

Minimum payout is only 0.001 BTC Transaction fees

Register here: www.btcminerpool.com
to start mining on are pool

Stratum Servers Bitcoin

If you want to mine on a Windows Operating System, then you'll need to create a batch file to start your miner.
Simply open notepad and then copy and paste the following:

CGMiner
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcminerpool.com:3336 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword
BFGMiner
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcminerpool.com:3336 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword
MinerD
minerd -a -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcminerpool.com:3336 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Stratum Servers litecoin

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcminerpool.com:3334 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword
BFGMiner
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcminerpool.com:3334 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Security Features:

1. You will be unable to change your wallet address after registration... including anyone else who may obtain your login and password.
2. Auto-payout is enabled BY DEFAULT with minimum payout set at 0.0001 BTC. Payouts are processed seconds after the block is confirmed. We're a pool, not a bank, there is no benefit for us to hold on to anyone's BTC earnings. Quite frankly, I find it rather irresponsible to do so, or to delay any payments by any amount of time. It's technically incomprehensible. This is one of the primary motivations for launching this pool, not only for us to use internally, but friends, family, and business associates... and now the geeks on this forum.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:00:34 PM

New user with only one post posts a mining pool? A pool needs to be run by a reputable person who knows what they're doing and are already well known and respected in the community. Your post doesn't even remotely make sense with contradictory links, different payout schemes, a mangled post copying bits and pieces from other pools' announcements... No one in their right mind should trust their hashes to you.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:28:48 AM

New user with only one post posts a mining pool? A pool needs to be run by a reputable person who knows what they're doing and are already well known and respected in the community. Your post doesn't even remotely make sense with contradictory links, different payout schemes, a mangled post copying bits and pieces from other pools' announcements... No one in their right mind should trust their hashes to you.

It seems some has been copied from BAN?  Roll Eyes
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:30:51 AM

Copied from kano's post as it fits here as well...

Someone posted Meni's pool analysis document again recently in the p2pool thread.
https://bitcoil.co.il/pool_analysis.pdf

Although not all of it is gospel, there is an interesting calculation in the appendix that people mining here should take note of
(of course directly related to what I've said before)

If a PPS pool charges a 5% fee, and at any point in time, (only) has a reserve of 250BTC, then the chance of eventual bankruptcy is ... ~81.9% without paying BTC into the pool by the operator.

To have the chance of eventual bankruptcy to be 0.1% on a PPS pool charging a 5% fee, requires a reserve of ... ~1727 BTC

Important to note of course those numbers are if the pool is charging a 5% fee.
... not a 0% fee ... or even a -1% (a 1% bonus) as is the case here.

(N.B. I updated the numbers above for 25BTC since the original doc is back when the block reward was 50BTC)

I wonder if s0br  *btcminerpool has any idea at all about any of this.
  *added by me
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 06:57:05 PM

So OP claims PPS with a 1% bonus like BAN... Website states it is a 3% fee.  Brand new user.  Tell me OP... Do you happen to have 2500BTC in reserve to handle those guaranteed unlucky times?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:20:08 PM

So OP claims PPS with a 1% bonus like BAN... Website states it is a 3% fee.  Brand new user.  Tell me OP... Do you happen to have 2500BTC in reserve to handle those guaranteed unlucky times?

Yes and how many people have enough coin min 25+ BTC just with normal luck to make payouts till that first block is found plus overhead expenses? Maybe any new pool operators should think about escrowing coins to prove they can pay to be taken serious?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 08:41:47 PM

So OP claims PPS with a 1% bonus like BAN... Website states it is a 3% fee.  Brand new user.  Tell me OP... Do you happen to have 2500BTC in reserve to handle those guaranteed unlucky times?

Yes and how many people have enough coin min 25+ BTC just with normal luck to make payouts till that first block is found plus overhead expenses? Maybe any new pool operators should think about escrowing coins to prove they can pay to be taken serious?
Any operator who wants to run a PPS pool.  Honestly, I don't understand why any operator would even consider a PPS pool - the risks involved are all taken on by him.  I know I would not start such a pool, even if I did have an extra couple thousand BTC lying around the house.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:53:56 PM

Any operator who wants to run a PPS pool.  Honestly, I don't understand why any operator would even consider a PPS pool - the risks involved are all taken on by him.  I know I would not start such a pool, even if I did have an extra couple thousand BTC lying around the house.

That is because you understand it. It also seems with all these new pools that are sprouting up that they have no idea and have not researched it enough to know any better.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 10:13:40 PM

Any operator who wants to run a PPS pool.  Honestly, I don't understand why any operator would even consider a PPS pool - the risks involved are all taken on by him.  I know I would not start such a pool, even if I did have an extra couple thousand BTC lying around the house.

That is because you understand it. It also seems with all these new pools that are sprouting up that they have no idea and have not researched it enough to know any better.
And that's the truth.  Half the new pool announcements are "Come mine with us we use PROP!!!"  Arghhh.  Pool operators can't even figure out how to run their own pools or won't even bother to do a single bit of research on it, yet they expect miners to trust them with BTC?

trendax

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 12:53:26 PM

So OP claims PPS with a 1% bonus like BAN... Website states it is a 3% fee.  Brand new user.  Tell me OP... Do you happen to have 2500BTC in reserve to handle those guaranteed unlucky times?

Any operator who wants to run a PPS pool.  Honestly, I don't understand why any operator would even consider a PPS pool - the risks involved are all taken on by him.  I know I would not start such a pool, even if I did have an extra couple thousand BTC lying around the house.

And that's the truth.  Half the new pool announcements are "Come mine with us we use PROP!!!"  Arghhh.  Pool operators can't even figure out how to run their own pools or won't even bother to do a single bit of research on it, yet they expect miners to trust them with BTC?

PROP methods on poolware have benefits, it's simply to understand and no operation risk.
The operator should of course find ways to be more effective with rewards when hashing increases.
As for PPS methods, definitely not for the small timer / novice.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:11:54 PM

PROP methods on poolware have benefits, it's simply to understand and no operation risk.
The operator should of course find ways to be more effective with rewards when hashing increases.

No.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
trendax

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 11:35:57 PM

No.

You don't see the benefit of a simple system that has little risk?
Don't get me wrong a standard implementation of a PROP is no good but it must be safer for operator and miners compared to a pool going bankrupt before it even starts.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:36:19 AM

No.

You don't see the benefit of a simple system that has little risk?
Don't get me wrong a standard implementation of a PROP is no good but it must be safer for operator and miners compared to a pool going bankrupt before it even starts.

No.
Simple is PPLNS.

If you use Prop, it's easy to hop (at 43%) and make more BTC and everyone on the pool who doesn't hop loses BTC.
Go read up about it, don't guess, coz you're wrong.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
trendax

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 02:58:32 AM

No.
Simple is PPLNS.
If you use Prop, it's easy to hop (at 43%) and make more BTC and everyone on the pool who doesn't hop loses BTC.
Go read up about it, don't guess, coz you're wrong.

Who's guessing anything, PROP=HOP everyone knows that. I just pointed out some benefits.

This is actually a good idea, in fact does any PPS pool ever do proof of reserves?

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:27:41 AM

This is actually a good idea, in fact does any PPS pool ever do proof of reserves?

Nope.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:30:12 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 10:00:22 AM by aurel57

Most pool operators here don't need to as they are well known. But I threw that out there more for a person like this OP that shows little history, Also due to the fact the OP had asked me if I was interested in helping him and/or be a partner with this pool. (which I have no desire in)

EDIT: I guess it all really does not matter for this pool as it looks to have already closed down?
trendax

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 11:26:54 AM

EDIT: I guess it all really does not matter for this pool as it looks to have already closed down?

I spotted the website down yesterday too, do you think they went PPSBust or simply turned off the 0.450THs

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:04:07 PM

I spotted the website down yesterday too, do you think they went PPSBust or simply turned off the 0.450THs

LoL I think it was more of people's expectation of making big bucks off of running a pool  Tongue after all how hard can that be  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: