Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:28:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And here we go in the red zone again. BTC under $220 .WTF s going on?  (Read 2394 times)
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:58:02 AM

Most of cloud mining services and most of ordinary miners are entering the red zone of potential shut down when BTC goes under $220.
Comments? Where do we go from here?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:19:36 AM

who are those cloud mining service, can you post a list or something, i know the big one are still in play

and btw sub 200 isn't something new, we were at 150-180 for before
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 06:25:41 AM

They can either sell at a loss or hold until everyone else stops selling at a loss.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:31:28 AM

Maybe time to switch to POS.

Please do.

Proof of stake and bitcoin can't coexist , because btc is based on PoW. If you want to stake your coin, do it but it is not necessary or needed a change in the protocol.
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:58:52 AM

To summarize: most people, outside of hardcore bitcoiners, don't really care nor hear about bitcoin.  It's not making headlines anymore, and when it does it's for the wrong reasons.  The shorters are the only ones sustaining and controlling the market right now.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:05:13 AM

They can either sell at a loss or hold until everyone else stops selling at a loss.

You mean present miners stop selling at loss.
(Unfortunately there are other players in the game. Everyone else != present miners)
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:07:11 AM

And some are not shorting per se...  They are buying NBT, BitUSD or TetherUSD. It's same as fiat in terms of value per USD but safer because you can withdraw them from the exchange and hold it in a wallet.  

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:47:08 AM

To summarize: most people, outside of hardcore bitcoiners, don't really care nor hear about bitcoin.  It's not making headlines anymore, and when it does it's for the wrong reasons.  The shorters are the only ones sustaining and controlling the market right now.

If this is true, then the outcome s quite clear. We re almost at the edge....

Regarding mining, Umisoo and S2 miners have become unprofitable yesterday and will be turned off soon. If the price keeps going down, S3 s next in line. This is cloud data.
I m sure home miners are not far away from that.

Speculators and scammers, they simply have to destroy everything.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:48:42 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 10:02:38 AM by Amph

and btw sub 200 isn't something new, we were at 150-180 for before

But that was back when difficulty level was lower. Maybe time to switch to POS.

as far as i know it happened 1 month ago, not that old, and difficult wasn't that different from now, it has been stuck(range -10% +10%) there like the price

they aren't selling at loss, many miners(especially big farms) have probably roi'ed(i would say many months ago...), they are free to dump any bag
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 09:08:27 AM

Weve tested these levels before and according to past performance we should be able to get back into a upswing soon but i gotta agree, this may just be the market shaking out weak hands again ...

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:30:33 PM

Weve tested these levels before and according to past performance we should be able to get back into a upswing soon but i gotta agree, this may just be the market shaking out weak hands again ...

Not so sure. Look at the long term general pattern. Definitely going down and not recovering. Do not like what I see.

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:02:57 AM

Where do we go from here you ask? Just prepare for the worst thats all you can do.

Heres what I`m doing right now, selling it till maybe I come back at $100 value. Its based on what you personally think its worth at the end of the day.

And for me I`m doing all the things I can produce bitcoin in a non traditional mining way to partner up a food truck that I handle these transactions and I take the split.

so even if it does go up, I`ll be at a gain due to that.

stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 04:33:24 AM

What's going on is that there's no utility to bitcoins anymore. Why? Because the drug buyers and sellers have stopped using bitcoins. Not because there's no online market, but because they cannot afford to lose their money to scammers. A sizeable number of bitcoin users have simply disappeared. Another segment of users have found they can't get mining hardware; either the mining gears are too expensive or they are waiting for the next gen. In the meantime, miners are dumping at least 3000 coins every day, that's over 80% of mined bitcoins being sold on the exchanges every f*cking day.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 04:42:48 AM

Not only do you have the majority of mined BTC getting dumped just to cover maintenance costs at this point, I have a sneaking suspicion that a great deal of it has to do with large batches of illegitimately acquired BTC being dumped on the market with insufficient liquidity to absorb the hit.  Hackers, scammers and thiefs be dumpin y'all to put it into hip speak!

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:10:31 AM

Not only do you have the majority of mined BTC getting dumped just to cover maintenance costs at this point, I have a sneaking suspicion that a great deal of it has to do with large batches of illegitimately acquired BTC being dumped on the market with insufficient liquidity to absorb the hit.  Hackers, scammers and thiefs be dumpin y'all to put it into hip speak!

where are so many illegal coins coming from?

Or do you think that the crooks have waited the prices fall 80% to sell?

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:57:09 AM

I also have a feeling whenever we face one of these large dumps, it might be something to do with some illegitimate companies closing their doors and just running away. This time I have not been able to identify a company which might ve done this. Also, do not forget we still have lots of early adopters owning hundreds of thousands BTC. Selling 2-3k to buy a new car or an apartment s not a problem for them and it does affect the price.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:16:13 AM

I also have a feeling whenever we face one of these large dumps, it might be something to do with some illegitimate companies closing their doors and just running away. This time I have not been able to identify a company which might ve done this. Also, do not forget we still have lots of early adopters owning hundreds of thousands BTC. Selling 2-3k to buy a new car or an apartment s not a problem for them and it does affect the price.

If we suppose an early adopter sell all his bitcoin for buy a lot of when they will be more cheap, and after the price will be slowly high. What will you think? The result will be that those early adopter will have more and more bitcoin (if we suppose this scenario).
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:28:32 PM

Most of cloud mining services and most of ordinary miners are entering the red zone of potential shut down when BTC goes under $220.
Comments? Where do we go from here?
The blockchain is a self regulating entity. So fucking what if a lot of companies give up? There is always someone out there that is going to profit from that. Less people mining: More profit for those that stay mining.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 02:29:36 PM

Yeah this is just getting started
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:37:13 PM

Most of these prices you gotta factor in the following:

1. The daily non stop scamming - eg: ponzis, other types of scams
2. The whale that sells a small batch to see price reaction
3. The miners - eg: CEX and other operators that dont want the difficulty to go up since its hard to find bitcoin (hoarders)
4. Daily Daytraders

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: