Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:47:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a bubble  (Read 2835 times)
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:43:02 PM

Bitcoin is a bubble. It's basically the year 2000 where companies become overvalued and such.

It should burst anytime. Most likely during the block halving next year.

This is tough to agree with considering what's happened to the price of Bitcoin over the past 15 or 16 months. It may have been a bubble then, but that bubble burst already. It definately can't be called a bubble now.

Yes it has already burst but still the price is still stable for now and bitcoin may have a chance to be rise again but this time hopefully it will fly high to the sky and hope it wont burst again   Grin
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:53:20 PM

Bitcoin is a bubble. It's basically the year 2000 where companies become overvalued and such.

It should burst anytime. Most likely during the block halving next year.
Nope. the ATH of 1000 was a temporal bubble (in 10 years we'll be past 10K).

When something is revolutionary people need a big time to properly value it, so the price is crazy. Look at how the all time high used to look like:

In a couple of years the 1K peak will look like a small bump on the all time graphic.
Ksenona12

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:58:15 PM

bitcoin isnt a bubble, but some people are stating its acting more looking like a subprime bubble.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:11:37 PM

Bitcoin needs to be adopted and implemented into  popular services/apps/websites to get more popular. Bitcoin also lacks in marketing and advertising, more bitcoin advertisements will help bitcoin go mainstream. More applications and services will be powered with the bitcoin protocol . It just needs more time and you will see that bitcoin will get mainstream.
Seems that it is a long process. If it will happen, transection, buying selling and marketing will also be very easy. But in this case, government is not much interested to make Bitcoin as a legal currency. If government announce it as legal crypto, our dreams will get successful very early.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:50:36 PM

Well I do think bitcoin is the kind of bubble where you cannot fully make it vanish..it will self..inflate and after a while it will be bigger and stronger...
Bubble just describes the enormous high and downs that we see. .. and I do think that... It is right in calling bitcoins a bubble...
Suddenly the price drops down... In thousands of dollars... And genuinely it is enough to be considered as a bubble is what I feel.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:39:54 PM

Well I do think bitcoin is the kind of bubble where you cannot fully make it vanish..it will self..inflate and after a while it will be bigger and stronger...
Bubble just describes the enormous high and downs that we see. .. and I do think that... It is right in calling bitcoins a bubble...
Suddenly the price drops down... In thousands of dollars... And genuinely it is enough to be considered as a bubble is what I feel.

Well they called it a bubble when it went up to 3k$ and above but it has never stopped or burst yet and you guys just keeping calling it a bubble, i hope you will not be left of out of the global bitcoin cake due to your skepticism as bitcoin surges on forward.
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:45:34 PM

If governments find a way how to profit from btc and apply taxes and if this profit would be more than the actual taxes on fiat than it would be an automatic adoption.
BelieveInBitcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:32:36 PM

I think Bitcoin may be a bubble. But, I know the housing market is definitely a bubble, and that has been going up for 20 years.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:23:53 PM

I think Bitcoin may be a bubble. But, I know the housing market is definitely a bubble, and that has been going up for 20 years.

I would say yes exactly that's what i am refering to bitcoin because i believe that bitcoin would be a future money in next generation. This is being proven by the value in it. Having a huge increases everyday makes it people would definately a full trust and has a high confidence level.

KluFf

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:36:54 PM

Yes Bitcoin is not a bubble.
it surpasses the Expectation of a person
that it can have a huge Pump.
and it wont just break or fall with its price.
thats why i want to invest long term in bitcoin.
bitcoin always has a future!

......A L F A ─ E N Z O......
\▼/ "Develop, standardize, protect, and promote" the AEF Ecosystem \▼/
...FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM BOUNTY...
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:47:19 PM

A different look at the Bitcoin market:
http://www.finance-guy.net/finblog/bitcoin-not-a-bubble

it's not a very positive opinion, but I agree that something needs to be done to attract the general masses to use Bitcoin.  Something needs to make BTC more attractive than cash for everyday people.

What kind of incentives do you think would work for the people you know?
There is not need to incentivize people to use bitcoin people are slowly realizing the reasons, bitcoin is not controlled by governments, you cannot print bitcoin at will and if someone decides to to increase the hash rate bitcoin will just adjust the difficulty, also bitcoin is showing to be a great investment and that is attracting a lot more people to it and soon enough we are going to realize that bitcoin is an excellent store of value as well.
finthebar

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:54:33 PM

Whether it is a bubble or not is not the most important question right now. There was a housing bubble - that doesn't make houses useless - they just became overbought at some point in time, people still need houses. Similarly, with Bitcoin and crypto -  it becomes a bubble when it is overbought - judging by the fact that less than 1% of the world's population currently use crypto I personally don't think it is overbought - if anything, the opposite.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:00:53 PM

The fact that there is a limited supply of Bitcoin is hard to believe that suddenly no-one will want it and the bubble bursts.
I believe that IF this is a bubble and it bursts and prices fall back to wherever there will be people with FIAT ready to pounce on the low price and that will pump it right back up again.
I also think that this block halving expected next year will be a M A S S I V E factor as the supply will be suddenly be constricted ans supply and demand will kick in.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
streetlight

Activity: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:27:30 PM

Bitcoin is a bubble right now. I can guarantee you of this. The price is going to drop a lot. It is a guarantee in economics and everyone who is intelligent knows it. What goes up, must come down and Bitcoin is going straight up, and it is going to sometime go straight down - only a matter of time.
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:55:09 PM

Well they called it a bubble when it went up to 3k$ and above but it has never stopped or burst yet and you guys just keeping calling it a bubble, i hope you will not be left of out of the global bitcoin cake due to your skepticism as bitcoin surges on forward.

Look at the price now? I don't think it's a buble because of the price that continue increase and No one will control it, I am amaze of what bitcoin reach now.
kynaz

Activity: 1078

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:59:38 PM

Bitcoin is a bubble because it exploded many times after it got crazy and there are no signs of stopping it now it's going crazy again so it will explode in a few days. I think that no one should buy bitcoin at this time to avoid losing your money.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Drixy

Activity: 168

reading.......

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:10:50 AM

What kind of incentives do you think would work for the people you know?
People have this kind of urge to actually be jealous about something that others earn it more nice and easy. For incentives you say earn more money that you think is enough to motivate them it is like a show money it is only effective for those people around you while on the internet  it is hard to persuade others that doesnt have enough knowledge about what you are talking.
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:17:41 AM

Bitcoin is a bubble because it exploded many times after it got crazy and there are no signs of stopping it now it's going crazy again so it will explode in a few days. I think that no one should buy bitcoin at this time to avoid losing your money.

If everyone suddenly stop buy bitcoin then the bubble will pop, so dont stop buying/selling/trading and keep the market healthy, bring in new people and bubble will never pop or pop in a distant future
Elrozaq

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:15:40 AM

For me, the biggest incentive is understanding that governments around the world are getting financed at negative rates, still have deficits and big debts. Add on top of that, their compromise with future pensions that are not included in debt calculations.

Central banks have the biggest balance sheets ever, which it means that in order to increase interest rates they will have to sell more bonds than ever, putting additional pressure on the stability of public finance.

If you can grasp all that, Bitcoin comes as the natural solution.

Bitcoin is really something that new prospects.
This should be a matter of time before most investors think of this.
An I think it very safety  investment
kolinko

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:00:38 AM

If everyone suddenly stop buy bitcoin then the bubble will pop, so dont stop buying/selling/trading and keep the market healthy, bring in new people and bubble will never pop or pop in a distant future
I do not think bitcoin is a financial bubble because no financial bubble can survive for years like bitcoin. Bitcoin exists because there is a real need for bitcoin in the community so its value has steadily grown over the years. In the future, I think bitcoin can be a whole world currency.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: